Digital Port Arrival Form?

aliceinvunderland

Mouseketeer
Do I really need to print our port arrival forms or is a digital copy good enough? I’d really love one less thing to worry about, if possible. I have already added the QR code to my Apple wallet and I’m assuming that’s what they scan when you arrive? Please tell me I can leave the papers at home…

You can use either a printed copy or those in the digital wallet on your smart phone.

I used the paper copy since it was easier to have them scan both QR codes from one piece of paper instead of trying to swipe through both in Apple Wallet.

I’ve never printed them, just shown screenshots or from my Apple wallet and been absolutely fine, no problems at all

You can.
I don't- I don't want to risk losing my phone / phone being dead / not having signal / an app suddenly needing an update.

I'm already carrying a stack of papers (aka my document binder) so really it's just adding one more sheet

Is it a 3-ring binder with plastic sleeves?

Your rationale is exactly my concern (and reality) with reliance on digital only. I think the “update needed” is truly the most annoying. I can keep an eye on battery level, but the random update - ugh!
I don't have a 3 ring.
At home I have a portfolio with the elastic button enclosure thing.
When we travel I pull what I need out and move it into a manilla envelope with the metal prong through hole closure. This goes in my carryon

Then I put a photocopy each passport, birth cert, DL, ss card (overkill I know), hotel confirmations, flight info if any, and check in paperwork into each checked suitcase + husband's Carry on.

We just use our iPhones and have never had them glitch or need an update first when we use the wallet app. It is built into the OS, so it shouldn't ever be an issue for folks in that regard unlike the cruiseline app or other apps. You could also just take a screenshot of it and pull it up that way. I use my phone for airline tickets and events as well, never had a problem. Battery running out isn't an issue. I won't deny I've had my phone turn off when I've used it extensively all day in the parks and chosen not to use our battery backup in a timely manner, but that just doesn't happen in a normal day thankfully! I charge it fully every night on the night stand. We also have two phones on us. If I drop or lose mine, we'd just use my husband's. I prefer to save the paper and ink; plus my phone is always on hand anyway.

I am a digital person. I usually just send a copy to husband as a backup.

For whatever reason our last cruise I spaced and did not have my form at all. Like I somehow completely forgot or glazed over needing this form at all lol. Standing at port and could not find it anywhere. Majorly freaked out but they just called someone and then we went on our merry way. A week ago I was cleaning out email and turns out I put it in a special folder so I wouldn't forget 😅. Next time I may print it out immediately but how can I forget after that stress.

I always travel with paper copy (of any reservation/ticket) as a back-up. Too often technology glitches at the exact time I need to access something digital.
This was my issue when we sailed to Alaska in July. Couldn't get the darn thing to come up and the agent, albeit helpful, was getting visibly annoyed with me. When we sailed again in December I had a printed copy as back up and of course my phone worked just fine....oy. Still printing out from now on lol

I am old school. Even though I take a screen shot of my form I always print a copy. For me, it is way easier to hold a piece of paper while I am juggling carry ons, purse, folder.....I find it easier than keeping a phone in my hand.

Give me a printed boarding pass as well.

We still have a home printer. I use it quite often. I am surprised so many don't have a printer.

MJ

I am old school. Even though I take a screen shot of my form I always print a copy. For me, it is way easier to hold a piece of paper while I am juggling carry ons, purse, folder.....I find it easier than keeping a phone in my hand.

We still have a home printer. I use it quite often. I am surprised so many don't have a printer.

MJ

Not enough to print - the ink would get clogged.

MJ

I am a savage who keeps my phone in my pocket, and I don't need a folder if its all digital. There is no juggling as there is nothing to search for or anything to dig out. Heck you dont even have to unlock an iPhone, you just hit the side button twice and it opens your wallet automagically if you have face ID and are looking at it. Or else you do need to still put in your passcode. I have my personal item slung on a shoulder or sitting on the wheeled carry-on if I have one, and phone in hand or just pull it from my back pocket. Feels very breezy. I agree different strokes for different folks. :)

Thanks all! I definitely fall in the “all digital, no paper” category (why does the airline still print me a paper ticket when I check my bags?!), so it’s good to know I can just use my Apple wallet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter