Dining Plan Returning

Does anybody happen to remember what the price per night was for the plans for kids and adults the last time they were available?

Will be very curious to see how the rate changes compare with desserts/a snack credit being taken away.

I was one of maybe only a handful of people who loved the Deluxe plan and was able to get my money's worth out of it, so I'm a little bummed to see it's not returning at this time. Not sure we'll get the same use of of the standard DDP as we usually do table service for every meal.
Same. I wont eat counter service daily, if ever, while on vacation. At disney, this is especially true as its an opportunity to get off my feet for an hour and recharge for the remainder of the day. Love the idea of pre paying and not coming home to a large bill. Also love having every option available to eat, whether it be 2 credit venues, counter service, breakfast with characters every morning if I want app and dessert its there! etc.. We always end up with a few credits each by the end of our trips and loved having the option to trade them in for take home goodies, which I used to pack in my kids lunches for a couple of weeks post trip. Kids are grown, so thats not so important to me any more, but still I dont want to pay OOP and want to eat wherever I want every day. Deluxe or bust!

Curious, speculation only... At what price point will it be worth it to you? Prices on all snacks, meals, and drinks have gone up significantly since 2020

Curious, speculation only... At what price point will it be worth it to you? Prices on all snacks, meals, and drinks have gone up significantly since 2020
I usually go on the Deluxe plan. I think, in 2019, I paid $125pp/pn. Went again 2021 and had to pay OOP. Vowed never to go back until DP came back! Cost me around $200 - $300 per meal for 3 people and it wasnt even character or signature dining $500ish per day, no snacks, no alcohol. I would pay the $500 if it came with the snacks and alcoholic beverage and app and dessert option, so I guess $166 would be fine with me for Deluxe.

But..since deluxe isnt even offered and one of the meals is counter service, and hard to combine TS credits without eating QS all day one day for a signature meal, I dont even know. $0.00 is its value to me!! Maybe $80 - $85 ?? Figuring the QS value is around $20 and a TS is about $65. The plan, if it is truly discounted, should at least include a "free snack".

Since full details are not available until 05/31, Im hoping all this rumor about only having the 2 options is just that, a rumor and Deluxe will be alive and well again next year :)

Does anybody happen to remember what the price per night was for the plans for kids and adults the last time they were available?

Will be very curious to see how the rate changes compare with desserts/a snack credit being taken away.

In 2019 the standard dining plan was $75 per person per night for adults

I never had any doubt the dining plans would be back. They're a huge money maker. Disney wasn't going to let that cash cow get away. It will be interesting to see what the prices are. I'm guessing $95 for the standard plan and $62 for QS. I'd guess higher amounts if the plans still included dessert with every meal or 2 snacks.

I'm happy the plans are back for the people who like to use them. I have several friends who won't do Disney without them (usually because someone in the family is always counting every penny spent at Disney and has a meltdown every time they look at the food prices on the menus at the Disney restaurants). That's not our family, though. We eat what we want and where we want (a combination of mostly QS with a few TS thrown in) and buy all of our snacks and drinks in the parks and we still spend less than what the dining plan would cost us. And we waste far less food. We prefer to focus on rides and attractions at Disney. We can focus on food at home where we have far better restaurants.

Last edited:

We are planning for a trip next May and have already started buying gift cards to cover our dining-making our own dining plan if you will. We have looked at menus and tried to make some estimations on how much we need to make it happen as if we were on the deluxe plan. We have realized that without a dining plan that no we don't each need an app/dessert and that it's easy enough to split those in many of the restaurants. Even meals can be split in some places. And we do happen to like some of the QS spots, so that's a savings also.

We have big eaters and foodies in our group-the dining is definitely a huge part of a Disney trip for us. Depending on what the final cost is and how it's laid out, we may just stick with our current plan of gift cards.

Where are the details listed about the plan?
They were posted on various sites I got this one from DFB Guide

According to Disney, the Quick Service and Standard Disney Dining Plans will be the only options to return for now, and they must be booked as part of a hotel package.

Here’s a look at what Disney says you can expect from the Standard Dining Plan:

• Everyone in the travel party will receive 1 Table-Service meal per night, 1 Quick-Service meal per night and a
    snack/nonalcoholic drink per night of their package stay—along with 1 Resort-refillable drink mug. Meals and snacks can
    be redeemed at any time during the stay.
  • For example, if you book a 4-night package with a Disney Dining Plan, each Guest in your party would receive 4 Table-Service meals, 4 Quick-Service meals and 4 snacks or nonalcoholic beverages—which can be used at any time during your 4-night stay.
And as for the Quick Service Dining Plan:

• Everyone in the travel party (ages 3 and up) will receive 2 Quick-Service meals per night, a snack/nonalcoholic drink per
    night of their package stay – along with 1 Resort-refillable drink mug. Meals and snacks can be redeemed at any time
    during the stay.
  • For example, if you book a 4-night package with a Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, each Guest in your party would receive 8 Quick-Service meals and 4 Snacks or Nonalcoholic Beverages—which can be used at any time during your 4-night stay.

They were posted on various sites I got this one from DFB Guide

According to Disney, the Quick Service and Standard Disney Dining Plans will be the only options to return for now, and they must be booked as part of a hotel package.

Here’s a look at what Disney says you can expect from the Standard Dining Plan:

• Everyone in the travel party will receive 1 Table-Service meal per night, 1 Quick-Service meal per night and a
    snack/nonalcoholic drink per night of their package stay—along with 1 Resort-refillable drink mug. Meals and snacks can
    be redeemed at any time during the stay.
  • For example, if you book a 4-night package with a Disney Dining Plan, each Guest in your party would receive 4 Table-Service meals, 4 Quick-Service meals and 4 snacks or nonalcoholic beverages—which can be used at any time during your 4-night stay.
And as for the Quick Service Dining Plan:

• Everyone in the travel party (ages 3 and up) will receive 2 Quick-Service meals per night, a snack/nonalcoholic drink per
    night of their package stay – along with 1 Resort-refillable drink mug. Meals and snacks can be redeemed at any time
    during the stay.
  • For example, if you book a 4-night package with a Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, each Guest in your party would receive 8 Quick-Service meals and 4 Snacks or Nonalcoholic Beverages—which can be used at any time during your 4-night stay.
I guess they took away the adult beverage!!!! We used to use the snack for an adult beverage at the QS too

I guess they took away the adult beverage!!!! We used to use the snack for an adult beverage at the QS too
No. It looks like adult beverages are still included with meals……

Important Information
  • Beverages are included with each meal. Guests under 21 years of age may choose from a variety of nonalcoholic beverages. Guests 21 and older with valid identification may substitute for beer, wine and cocktails.
  • Guests ages 3 to 9 must order from a children’s menu, where available.
  • Plan must be purchased for entire length of stay and for the entire party (ages 3 and up).

Where are the details listed about the plan?
It's on the Disney site. 2 plans, Standard (1 TS meal, 1 QS, 1 snack, and refillable mug) and Quick Service (2 QS meals, 1 snack, and refillable mug). More details on the site. EDIT: Should have read the rest of the posts before posting this! Much better details above! 🤣

I never had any doubt the dining plans would be back. They're a huge money maker. Disney wasn't going to let that cash cow get away. It will be interesting to see what the prices are. I'm guessing $95 for the standard plan and $62 for QS. I'd guess higher amounts if the plans still included dessert with every meal or 2 snacks.

I'm happy the plans are back for the people who like to use them. I have several friends who won't do Disney without them (usually because someone in the family is always counting every penny spent at Disney and have a meltdown every time they look at the food prices on the menus at the Disney restaurants). That's not our family, though. We eat what we want and where we want (a combinations of mostly QS with a few TS thrown in) and buy all of our snacks and drinks in the parks and we still spend less than what the dining plan would cost us. And we waste far less food. We prefer to focus on rides and attractions at Disney. We can focus on food at home where we have far better restaurants.
Guilty! Im that person having a melt down. After dishing out nearly $10K on a Disney vacation, I would not want to come home owing another $3000K + Just pay in advance and enjoy the vacation without thinking about how I just spent $40 on a couple of pancakes.

I really want deluxe back, but can see why its not offered. Was becoming common for people in a large group to buy and share credits with family/friends in another room, or splitting meals etc..

Disney website doesn't show any pricing but implies on 5/31 they will publish that information.

I might still try the standard Deluxe plan, but I'll have to do some actual number crunching to see if it's worth it or better to just pay out-of-pocket. Of course, I'm also DVC now, and it's unclear if this will even be offered to DVC members staying on their points, as I won't have a "package" like a regular resort guest.
Yes, I can see this being not allowed for DVC. The way that is written sure sounds like they plan to excluded DVC. It's possible and on brand for modern Disney. Guess we will see soon.

I thought it was clever to buy it for one night on a DVC split stay, because it's good for the two days. That was the only way it ever made sense to me.

Guilty! Im that person having a melt down. After dishing out nearly $10K on a Disney vacation, I would not want to come home owing another $3000K + Just pay in advance and enjoy the vacation without thinking about how I just spent $40 on a couple of pancakes.

I really want deluxe back, but can see why its not offered. Was becoming common for people in a large group to buy and share credits with family/friends in another room, or splitting meals etc..
I get it! My best friend's husband pretty much ruined their first trip to Disney by constantly complaining about the price of food (they weren't on the dining plan). After the first day or so he would only order an appetizer or a kids meal even though he would be starving an hour later. Or he'd sit at lunch/dinner, looking at her plate of food, saying, "Are you going to eat that??" or "Cut a piece of that off for me to eat...it looks like you won't be able to eat all of that anyway." She started ordering larger meals than she wanted, knowing he'd be taking food from her plate but he caught on to that trick pretty quickly and then would complain about how expensive her meal was. Needless to say, they don't go to Disney without a meal plan now even though she knows they're loosing money on it. It just saves her a lot of headaches. :)

We usually calculate how much we think we'll spend on food (usually using using the price of the QS dining plan as our base and adding a little more depending on how many table service meals we're doing that trip -- which is usually only one or two) and I just set that money aside so I have it for the credit card bill when we get back. Or I buy discounted gift cards for that amount and use them to pay down our room charges. The nice thing is, we've never come close to spending the amount I set aside, so I get to spend more on souvenirs! Bonus!! :D

I agree that people were totally abusing the DXDP and they've probably ruined it for everyone else. I imagine if that plan comes back, it will be modified in a way that will make the sharing of the plan much more difficult (though I'm not exactly sure how they'll do that).

Yes, I can see this being not allowed for DVC. The way that is written sure sounds like they plan to excluded DVC. It's possible and on brand for modern Disney. Guess we will see soon.

I thought it was clever to buy it for one night on a DVC split stay, because it's good for the two days. That was the only way it ever made sense to me.
Someone somewhere said that it will be available for DVC. I'm still just not sure it's worth it for me to do it if it's not Deluxe.

I usually go on the Deluxe plan. I think, in 2019, I paid $125pp/pn. Went again 2021 and had to pay OOP. Vowed never to go back until DP came back! Cost me around $200 - $300 per meal for 3 people and it wasnt even character or signature dining $500ish per day, no snacks, no alcohol. I would pay the $500 if it came with the snacks and alcoholic beverage and app and dessert option, so I guess $166 would be fine with me for Deluxe.

But..since deluxe isnt even offered and one of the meals is counter service, and hard to combine TS credits without eating QS all day one day for a signature meal, I dont even know. $0.00 is its value to me!! Maybe $80 - $85 ?? Figuring the QS value is around $20 and a TS is about $65. The plan, if it is truly discounted, should at least include a "free snack".

Since full details are not available until 05/31, Im hoping all this rumor about only having the 2 options is just that, a rumor and Deluxe will be alive and well again next year :)
This tracks with what I remember the Deluxe Plan pricing to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter