Dining Plan Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect a minimum 6 month lead time for any dining plan. We shall see if it returns at all this year or if the return will coincide w foreign cm return.

For anyone wanting to follow along there is a watch option above, below the title to the right. If you watch the thread and get notices and don’t come you won’t get more until you do. Or just pop in once a week or so

im betting on the p,ans returning in January. Unless there is another serious spike, I think ost if not all restaurants will be open that are reopening. Not sure about hddr restarting in January but I do think it will return in ‘22.

My best guess is early January, I’ll say either the 3rd or the 8th. The 3rd because many previous changes started not I. The first but a couple days in. So we will see.

I have to respond to the money saving comment. you know what I a. Going to say 🧐 It is now and always will be a math exercise.
I like the delixe plan but it’s just too too much. I like an app but rarely order dessert. I don’t drink so the alcohol benefit is useless for us. I’ve done the math and we eat very well and way under the price of any meal plan. Hmmm, I think once the plan comes back a thread for all the math do’ers will be appropriate.For everyone who can’t wait for it to co e vack, me too. While it doesn’t work for my family it does for many. And I think the folks that it is best for are the most budget conscious. Let’s face it, paying $35 for a piece of beef is a lot of $ for so many of us. That being able to order whatever you want w/osticker shock or choosing the cheapest option is priceless.

Last comment-I will never load up Disney gift cards prior to my trip. I e seen too many stories of folks w cancelled trips w thousands they need but cannot access due to being on a gift card. Or anyone that has had a cancelled trip or gotten sick or had to leave early. For those that love it, good for you 🤗
I agree, this was my thought exactly. Last August I used prepaid Mastercards. This way I could still use outside of Disney.

Disneyland Paris meal plan is back so im hoping.

I'm trying to just budget how much money to put aside against what the cost of the dining plan would have been because people always say there's isn't much savings so at least put aside how much I would need
I always use allears menu's to try to work out how much to budget for food. I find them pretty accurate.

Just started planning an August trip and was hoping to try deluxe for the first time. I always run the #s so sometimes the plan is hit or miss for us but this time it'd be a savings. 🤞

Disneyland Paris meal plan is back so im hoping.

I'm trying to just budget how much money to put aside against what the cost of the dining plan would have been because people always say there's isn't much savings so at least put aside how much I would need
Do you know how much lead time DLP gave? Like, announcement in April, plan came back in June? Or more like plan back in November? I'm holding on to tiny thread of hope for a QS plan for May, but already buying $50 Disney gift cards for $45 at BestBuy's website to compensate.

Gut instinct is return of dining plans announced in next 2 months without any warning. DP logos have remained on menus and food boards since pre-pandemic. WDW said a few months ago dining plans will return but no details or dates given. Then think an extremely limited ie 4 week window - almost impossible to book - free dining will drop for late Aug to late Sept stays at a handful of both less popular and very $$ resorts. Would guess AS Sports & Music and Grand Floridian. This gives WDW a low-risk test run to reintroduce very targeted free dining. I'll be looking for that 'teaser' free dining to drop in April for those very limited early Fall dates. Guessing it will be so limited that it only appeals to a small group of guests but will drive large numbers to be aware of booking a fall trip. Whether they will be turned off by being burned when no availability or will shrug and be routed to an Oct trip and pay for dining plan will be interesting. Feel bad for travel agents who have to once again deal with the fallout. Just my instinct and not a rumour.

Do you know how much lead time DLP gave? Like, announcement in April, plan came back in June? Or more like plan back in November? I'm holding on to tiny thread of hope for a QS plan for May, but already buying $50 Disney gift cards for $45 at BestBuy's website to compensate.

Just about 3 months. They announced end of last year and it starts towards the end of March this year.

With the ADR booking window at 60 days I feel they might do it 2 months before at the least for WDW but that may be wishful thinking

We are travelling in May and would love for it to be back for then but who knows really.

Gut instinct is return of dining plans announced in next 2 months without any warning. DP logos have remained on menus and food boards since pre-pandemic. WDW said a few months ago dining plans will return but no details or dates given. Then think an extremely limited ie 4 week window - almost impossible to book - free dining will drop for late Aug to late Sept stays at a handful of both less popular and very $$ resorts. Would guess AS Sports & Music and Grand Floridian. This gives WDW a low-risk test run to reintroduce very targeted free dining. I'll be looking for that 'teaser' free dining to drop in April for those very limited early Fall dates. Guessing it will be so limited that it only appeals to a small group of guests but will drive large numbers to be aware of booking a fall trip. Whether they will be turned off by being burned when no availability or will shrug and be routed to an Oct trip and pay for dining plan will be interesting. Feel bad for travel agents who have to once again deal with the fallout. Just my instinct and not a rumour.

This is about on par with my thinking. Seems that a lot is coming back toward end of March, readying for spring break and summer crowds. Maybe they will release limited packages.

I have been crazy busy lately and totally gave up on this thought. I feel pretty confident, it will come back for the start of the year not mid year. I hope I am wrong. We are going in December and I would love to have the plan, but it just doesn't feel likely any more.

Those planning on a plan B, what kind of budget are you planning? How much is reasonable for Breakfast, lunch and dinner? It has been four years since our last trip and prices seem to be going up every other day, so it is hard to figure. I know All Ears has menus and prices, but not sure I want to pick what I want to eat now. LOL!

I have been crazy busy lately and totally gave up on this thought. I feel pretty confident, it will come back for the start of the year not mid year. I hope I am wrong. We are going in December and I would love to have the plan, but it just doesn't feel likely any more.

Those planning on a plan B, what kind of budget are you planning? How much is reasonable for Breakfast, lunch and dinner? It has been four years since our last trip and prices seem to be going up every other day, so it is hard to figure. I know All Ears has menus and prices, but not sure I want to pick what I want to eat now. LOL!

the only way to do this is making it a math exercise. Set up a spreadsheet and put in the costs of what you will most likely order. Huge difference between a pasta dish and filet. And it’s a guideline. Add in tax and gratuity and you have the bare bones of a budget. Budget alcohol the same way. No one knows how you dine. I mean you can make do w $40 pppd or 200 pppd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter