Dining Plan

Kathy and John

Earning My Ears
I'm currently trying to get information, this is all very new to me and any help will be appreciated. My question is, are you able to purchase the dining plan with your park ticket if your hotel reservation is made by the owner your are renting from? If so, how do you go about doing it.
And is there usually any problems that are associated with renting points that I should be aware of?
Thanks

The dining plan is only available with a room/ticket package. DVC points rooms cannot be purchased as a package, so the dining plan is not available at this time. There are rumors that DVC is going to come out with a dining plan in the future.

At this time, DVC members staying on points cannot purchase the Dining Plan. If your trip isn't until next year, check back after the first of the year - DVC is reported to be working on some type of dining package for DVC members, but nothing has been annoucned yet. If/When something is announced, you will most likely need to work through the owner.

Be sure that you completely understand the rental terms. Each owner has his/her own terms. Be especially sure you understand the owner's canellation policy and what will happen should you need to cancel or reschedule. Most owners consider renting to be a final transaction. Disney/DVC considers renting to be a private transaction and will not get involved if a dispute arises.

I doubt you will have any problems. I cannot recall any case reported here that resulted in the renter arriving only to find that his/her reservation was cancelled. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Best wishes -

This is terrible!!

during the tour with the guide at SSR, I specifically asked the guide if I can still purchase the dining plan, and he said, "totally, we offer the same, if not better, treatement to our DVC members as our resort guests".

I was planning on buying the dining plan for my next trip to SSR, and now I don't know what to do. Purchasing annual pass with DDE isn't going to work for us because we live on the west coast, and will probably go to disneyworld once a year at most.

changjoe said:
This is terrible!!

during the tour with the guide at SSR, I specifically asked the guide if I can still purchase the dining plan, and he said, "totally, we offer the same, if not better, treatement to our DVC members as our resort guests".

I was planning on buying the dining plan for my next trip to SSR, and now I don't know what to do. Purchasing annual pass with DDE isn't going to work for us because we live on the west coast, and will probably go to disneyworld once a year at most.

Just an FYI, but you can go once per year, but squeeze 2 trips out of an AP. For example we go for two weeks in late July and then the next year we go for two weeks in early July. The pass is still good, I get two trips from it (Actually I get three to four, but I live on the East Coast). I do not renew the AP but take a year off and then do the same thing all over again. Everyone says things like you go all the time or you go every year, but we really do get a 12 month 2 week break between AP's.

changjoe said:
This is terrible!!

Well, that must be frustrating to get an erroneous response on still being able to get the dining plan as a DVC member. Maybe the DVC dining plan is coming sooner than we think. Otherwise, unless the guide misunderstood, that isn't the kind of selling that Disney would want from their DVC guides. I hope I am not naive thinking that. I would call and have a chat and expect some clarification.

All the best in whatever you decide.

I was just going to say to Changjoe that I also live in Oregon and even though we are not members yet, we always buy an AP and get to trips out of it. I'm working on buying in right now. After staying at DVC, it's the only way to go!! :cheer2: That is not so good about the misinformation on the dining!!! I asked about that before we went this last time and was told there was no way to add on dining except DDE.
Where in Oregon do you live? We could be neighbors! :Pinkbounc

Hey pinktink and changjoe- I live in Oregon as well! Pink- we are practically neighbors as I live in Happy Valley and work in West Linn.
We also buy AP's and always squeeze at least 2 trips in. We joined DVC when we first moved out here about 3 years ago and after our kids had all left for college! WHile you can't get the dining plan now, you can purchase the Disney Dining Experience card which gives you 20% off on practically all WDW dining. I jst did this for my trip next month. It costs $50.00, but if I can use it for 2 trips- it more then pays for itself!

Hi Karebear and PinkTink, I live in Corvallis now (just graduated from OSU), and lived in Hood River for 7 years before Corvallis. Not exactly next-door neighbors, but compare to the distance to Disneyworld, we sure are close to each other.

Thanks for the tips of getting one annual pass for two trips, that seems like a great idea. I will call DVC tomorrow to find out more details about dining plan, and tell them my guide has misinformed me!!

Changjoe- Don;t forget that DVC members get great rates on AP's!

Here's the info on the DDE (Disney Dining Experience) from the AP website. This will give you all the info you need, including the phone number to call when you're ready to order the card. You should wait until about 4 weeks before you leave to get the card because it activates as soon as you order it.

"Now you can savor the flavors of the Disney restaurants you love and save big too! The Disney Dining Experience Membership includes Theme Park restaurants like Crystal Palace and Pizzafari, character dining, and even upscale Resort restaurants like California Grill. Passholders receive $25 off the regular price of the Disney Dining Experience Membership. For only $50, join** this culinary club which boasts a buffet of benefits. It's the ultimate food lover's feast.

Benefits include:
20% discount on all food and beverages at over 70 participating Resort hotel and Theme Park restaurants (discount is valid for a party of up to 10 Guests).
Resort and Theme Park parking for dining purposes
Invitations to special member-only food and wine events, winemaker dinners and celebrity chef dinners
A second membership card for someone else° in your household
And more!
Join the Disney Dining Experience now! Download your membership application or Call (407) 566-5858† (Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. E.S.T.) for more information or to purchase your annual membership at the Passholder price of $50. (Due to popular demand, we are experiencing high call volume. To avoid waiting on the phone, simply mail or fax your application to us!)

Please note that once information for application is received, it takes 2-3 weeks for your card to be processed, mailed, and delivered to your home address. Please plan in advance. Disney's Dining Experience is not sold or processed for its immediate use at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
Here's the most current list of restaurants participating in Disney's Dining Experience. You can even print this page for future reference.

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort - World Premiere Food Court
Disney's All-Star Music Resort - Intermission Food Court
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - End Zone Food Court
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma - The Flavors of Africa, Jiko - The Cooking Place, Victoria Falls
Disney's Beach Club Resort - Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (excludes take-out shop), Cape May Cafe, Martha's Vineyard Lounge, Rip Tide Lounge
Disney's BoardWalk - ESPN® Club, Flying Fish Cafe, Spoodles, Bellevue Lounge
Disney's Bonnet Creek Golf Club - Sand Trap Bar & Grill
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Shutters at Old Port Royale
Disney's Contemporary Resort - California Grill, Chef Mickey's, Concourse Steakhouse, Outer Rim Lounge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - Maya Grill
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground - Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (9:30 p.m. show only), Trail's End Restaurant
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1900 Park Fare, Citricos, Garden View Lounge, Grand Floridian Cafe, Mizner's Lounge, Narcoossee's, Victoria & Albert's (excludes Chef's Table)
Disney's Old Key West Resort - Olivia's Cafe
Disney's Polynesian Resort - Kona Cafe, 'Ohana, Tambu Lounge, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Late show only)
Disney's Pop Century Resort - Everything Pop Shopping and Dining and Classic Concoctions
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter - Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, Scat Cat's Club
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside - Boatwright's Dining Hall, River Roost
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - The Artist's Palette, The Turf Club
Disney's Wide World of Sports™ - Official All-Star Cafe
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Artist Point, Territory Lounge, Whispering Canyon Cafe
Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Yacht Club Galley, Ale and Compass Lounge, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crews Cup Lounge
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® - Marketplace - Cap'n Jack's Restaurant
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® - West Side - Wolfgang Puck® Cafe, Planet Hollywood®
Epcot® - L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Restaurant, Chefs de France, Nine Dragons Restaurant, San Angel Inn Restaurante, Bistro de Paris Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Biergarten Restaurant, Restaurant Marrakesh, Restaurant Akershus, Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room, The Garden Grill, Coral Reef Restaurant
Disney-MGM Studios - Hollywood & Vine, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Tune-In Lounge, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant, The Hollywood Brown Derby
Magic Kingdom® Park - The Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Plaza Restaurant, Tony's Town Square Restaurant
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park - Tusker House Restaurant, Pizzafari, Flame Tree Barbeque, Restaurantosaurus

Entertainment & Dancing

DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Pleasure Island‡
Half-price admission for each Club Member, except for specially priced events.
Atlantic Dance Hall - Disney's BoardWalk
Admission is free for members and guest."

Hey Karebear,
We are practically neighbors! You live in my old stompin grounds! I grew up out there! I lived in Damascus which is just down the road from HV. Matter of fact, I spent alot of time in Happy Valley growing up. (When it used to be Valley) I can not believe all the houses that are there now!

ChangJoe,
You're actually not that far from me. I actually live in the town of Willamette, which is right off of I-205 and I-5. So we are not too far apart.

When you guys go to WDW, do you find people act kind of surprised that you come all the way there? I guess they figure we can just go to DL, which we do, but it is not WDW!

They always say, "Oregon?? What are you doing here??"
Or, "Good choice, doesn't Oregon rain 365 days a year?"

Changjoe,
I know!!!!!! Or, how about Orygone!! LOL Yes, and we even have indoor plumbing!!! LOL :rotfl2:
Steph

Okay, Okay, save the indoor plumbing jokes for us Alabama rednecks! ;)

Changejoe, on the Disney Cruise a few weeks ago, I was told by the DVC rep. that DVC knew that we really wanted the dining plan, but that they just could not make the computers work to do it between MS and Central Res. So he said that DVC was coming up with a dining plan for members. Of course I thought to myself "It probably won't be as good a deal as the reg. dining plan!" But let us know what you find out, I'm curious to see what they tell you. Maybe this was what your guide was referring to.

I've never evben been to DL yet- do you all think it's worth the trip- or is WDW the only way to go???

I've never even been to DL yet- do you all think it's worth the trip- or is WDW the only way to go???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter