Dining Reservations

MrsBergs

Mouseketeer
Hi.. Our window to booking dining reservations open Friday.
We are booking jungle skipper and wanted to book another restaurant at magic kingdom. We are thinking Tony’s. How is the food?

also if anyone has any recommendations for Disney springs restaurants, or animal kingdom that would be appreciated

Tony's gets a bad rap because it is pretty basic, there are so many nicer italian restaurants on property, and it used to be worse quality a few years ago (they now have new chef). However, it is my favorite TS in MK. It isn't fancy, but we always enjoy our food (kids like the pizza, I get shrimp scampi, and DH gets one of the meat/potatoes type entrees). You can relax in the AC, the decor is fun (Lady and the Tramp was a childhood favorite of mine) and if the weather is nice you can sit on the patio and watch the character floats go by. So much cheaper than most of the TS options in MK that are prix fixe (Liberty Tree, CRT, BOG, Crystal Palace).

Disney Springs has so many choices, without knowing more about what you like it is hard to recommend. We really enjoy Raglan Road for the live entertainment and Irish food and drink. Homecomin (Southern) and the Boathouse (Seafood) are very popular too.

I have to confess that one of my nicest lunch experiences was at Tony's on my trip last month and I have already booked it for my next trip.

Granted - I didn't get an entrée and it was just me - but I had a garden salad, the Fried Mozzarella, and a glass of wine. And I tell you, I am STILL thinking about the fried mozzarella - it was small balls of cheese instead of sticks and the sauce was just amazing. And the service was good.

I also watched as the chef came out to chat with a large family - 4 kids, 3 adults - about a food allergy and she was very kind and joked with the family.

Yes, it's basic food. But sometimes, you just need a nice table and some basic food.

My recommendation is to look at it as an opportunity to have a meal at one of the wonderful Magic Kingdom Resort restaurants, since the monorail makes it so convenient to get to The Contemporary or the Grand Floridian at this time.

About Tony's: Tony's Town Tavern was incredibly disappointing during our most recent visit there. I'm not sure how much it has been adversely affected by the pandemic, or perhaps it was like this before, but it was not good and not recommended. It started right after we sat down and they put bread and olive oil on the table, and the bread was dry like dust like it had been sitting under a heat lamp for hours. The salad was really sad, and my fettuccine was mushy and the Alfredo sauce was heavy and unremarkable.

Tony's gets a bad rap because it is pretty basic, there are so many nicer italian restaurants on property, and it used to be worse quality a few years ago (they now have new chef). However, it is my favorite TS in MK. It isn't fancy, but we always enjoy our food (kids like the pizza, I get shrimp scampi, and DH gets one of the meat/potatoes type entrees). You can relax in the AC, the decor is fun (Lady and the Tramp was a childhood favorite of mine) and if the weather is nice you can sit on the patio and watch the character floats go by. So much cheaper than most of the TS options in MK that are prix fixe (Liberty Tree, CRT, BOG, Crystal Palace).

Disney Springs has so many choices, without knowing more about what you like it is hard to recommend. We really enjoy Raglan Road for the live entertainment and Irish food and drink. Homecomin (Southern) and the Boathouse (Seafood) are very popular too.

Tony's was the worst TS I have ever eaten in WDW. Every aspect was horrible, It's also one of the lowest rated places in all of parks. This was in 2018 though and I have heard from a few that they have improved it. Did you go there before and after? I didn't notice a lot of the negative reviews (TA) point out it being basic. Most of them point towards quality, so I was hoping the new chef improved things.

Last edited:
I'm in the weird minority that doesn't mind Tony's. It's not amazing by any means, but it's not terrible. It's a decent meal for a decent price.

At AK my recommendation would be Yak & Yeti for TS. Although AK also has some of the best QS. Satuli Canteen is delicious and we enjoy Flame Tree BBQ as well.

AT DS my votes would be Homecomin or Wine Bar George.

My favorite spot at AK is The Nomad Lounge. This is walk-up only but I always try to get there around 10:30/10:45 (they open at 11 AM). A close second is Yak & Yeti. It's super hard to get a reservation there but they are doing the Landry's Club priority seating thing.

I am in the minority of not being a fan of Disney Springs. I just don't feel like fighting the parking and all the walking after walking all day.

We do not care for Tony's and would recommend taking a break from the park to have a great meal at the Wave at the Contemporary.

Favorite by far at DS is Homecomin'

At AK, we really enjoy Tiffins. Nomad Lounge is great also and they have expanded their menu recently and offer a virtual wait list in MDE.

We are booking jungle skipper and wanted to book another restaurant at magic kingdom. We are thinking Tony’s. How is the food?

also if anyone has any recommendations for Disney springs restaurants, or animal kingdom that would be appreciated

I have been kind of stalking the reservation availability lately as my window comes up soon. When you do make your reservations would you mind telling us how many were in your party and whether it was difficult to find availability for your days please? From what I see it's pretty brutal right now, but the last few days, I believe, will fall within spring break periods.

Thanks

Personal opinions shared since you asked: I love Liberty Tree at MK. Boathouse is my favorite at DS. Animal Kingdom we enjoy Yak and Yeti.

I have been kind of stalking the reservation availability lately as my window comes up soon. When you do make your reservations would you mind telling us how many were in your party and whether it was difficult to find availability for your days please? From what I see it's pretty brutal right now, but the last few days, I believe, will fall within spring break periods.

Thanks
No reservations are really hard to get except Topplino's breakfast but I am always checking. We're about 10 days away from our trip and we are a party of 4. I've made and cancelled so many reservations it is crazy. I don't know why the Disney websites suck so bad at night but I am always looking at them. It's become an obsession lol..

No reservations are really hard to get except Topplino's breakfast but I am always checking. We're about 10 days away from our trip and we are a party of 4. I've made and cancelled so many reservations it is crazy. I don't know why the Disney websites suck so bad at night but I am always looking at them. It's become an obsession lol..
There’s going to be six of us so I feel as if we will have a harder time. Hopefully availability will loosen up a bit since we still have 47 days before our period opens. Thanks for confirming my suspicions that things are tough all over right now.

I will preface this with saying I am a pasta snob. Tony's is a big 'no' for me. I will echo what some of the other posters have said; I like The Plaza. I would choose that over Tony's any day (and I plan to on our next trip).

I have enjoyed most of the restaurants in DS. My first choice is The Boathouse. My DH like Homecomin'.

We did Tony's last fall after hearing that it had improved when WDW reopened in July. It was better than before - certainly not the best italian on property but quite satisfying. I credit the new cooks and staff.

Thanks
Hi
So we just booked our dining reservations, we are a large party of 8 and some days 10.

We booked skipper canteen - 2 tables of 5
Chef de France - 1 table of 10
Jungle skipper 1 table of 8
Rainforest cafe 1 table of 8
Brown Derby 2 tables of 5
Mama melrose 1 table of 10
Raglan road lunch 1 table of 8

There where restaurants we wanted to try but they were already booked. We went on at 6am this morning

happy planning

Hi
So we just booked our dining reservations, we are a large party of 8 and some days 10.

There where restaurants we wanted to try but they were already booked. We went on at 6am this morning

happy planning
Thanks!

Hi

happy planning
We are a party of 16. How do you book 2 tables? Thanks.

Hi

happy planning
We are a party of 16. How do you book 2 tables? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter