Dining Reviews Dec 10-15..Pics.. Kona Cafe/50s/Le Celier/WCC/Garden Grill

Good Ol Gal

A Longhorn living in Buckeye Country
DVC Gold
Cast: Dh, myself, 3 ds's and dd.

We were on the dining plan with our DVC.

Sunday, December 10th, Kona Cafe Dinner:

Drinks: cola, raspberry smoothie, chocolate and white milk for kids.

Ok, here's my RANT with Disney.

Here they are pushing all this healthy food for the kids, and if you order milk for them, it's one serving. If you want a refill you have to pay for another glass. BUT.... you can drink all the cola you want!!! What the Heck??!! How is THAT healthy??? My kids don't drink soda, they drink milk or water. So for each meal they got one glass of milk and then they had to have water from then on. A little goofy Disney :sad2:

ok, back to the review...............

sorry, we didn't take pictures of our appetizers. we ate them before I convinced dh that it was ok to take pics of all of our food :teeth:

appetizers:

Crab Cakes: B
they were ok. We're not real big fish eaters, but we wanted to try some new stuff. I bet if you liked crab alot they were great.

Sticky Wings: A+
these were GREAT!!! We wish we had just ordered two orders of these. The kids even liked them. We got about 8 of them, so they didn't last very long with 6 people eating them.

kids meal, macaroni and cheese with french fries: A+ from kiddos
IMG_0560.jpg
all 4 kids ordered the same thing. They loved this mac! After complaining all morning about trying a new restaurant, they proclaimed it their new favorite and want to return here.

kids appetizers:
green salad: B
chicken noodle soup: B
Sorry, no pictures.

adult meals:
Beef Teriyaki: A+
IMG_0558.jpg

this was my meal and was so yummy :goodvibes: It had a sweet pineapple glaze that was so good.

Char Crusted Medallions of Filet Mignon: A
IMG_0559.jpg

dh's meal. He really enjoyed it. I thought it was ok. the asparagus was a little tough for my liking and since he doesn't like it, he didnt' even try it.

Desserts:

Kilauea Torte: A
IMG_0562.jpg

soooo good!! Dh ordered this and it was so yummy!!! I tried to share it with him, but our waittress carried it off before I could finish it off :(

Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart: B
IMG_0567.jpg

again, I wanted to try something different from my normal. Again, I wish I had just gone with a standard. It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't for me.

kids sundae: A
IMG_0563.jpg
only 2 of my kiddos wanted to make a sundae. they thought it was fun.

Overall: A, we would return

Monday, December 11th, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Lunch:

Well, we had a very interesting conversation with our cousin/server here. He sat down and told us all this gossip about how within the next year Disney's menu's will be so different! How they are going to be cutting all Trans Fat out and the items that do have it will be have "disclaimers" on them so you know that you're eating bad/fatty stuff. Dh and I both told him how we thought it stunk that they were doing this. We're on vacation and we want to indulge a bit.

Appetizers:

kid garden salad: B
IMG_0619.jpg

again, no picture of the chicken noodle soup....but the two that ordered it didn't even touch it. C

beer battered onion rings: B+
IMG_0618.jpg

very yummy, and lots of trans fat I'm sure :goodvibes:

Fried Herb Cheese: A+
IMG_0616.jpg

this was the surprise food for this restaurant. we didn't know what to expect with this one, we were thinking fried cheese sticks. Well it wasn't and we were so glad about that. We would def. get this again. It was so good we convinced the table next to us to get it and they loved it too!

Meals:
Char-grilled Chicken Sandwich: C-
IMG_0620.jpg
my sandwich. I did not like it at all. It was very dry and it took forever to get any condiments to go along with it. I only at 1/4 of it.

Golden Fried Chicken: A
IMG_0621.jpg

dh went with his standard and he enjoyed it. it came with spinich instead of green beans and he said it was the best spinach he's ever eaten. Of course, he's only eaten spinach 5x's in his life :earboy2:, but I would say it was pretty good.

Desserts:
kids sundae: A from the one kiddo who ate it
IMG_0626.jpg

same one as Kona

Seasonal Cobbler, apple: A
Dh ordered this and he really enjoyed it!

Hot fudge sundae for me: A+
::yes:: I went with a staple and I LOVED it :teeth:

sorry no pics, I know I took them, but they're missing from my card :(

Overall: B

Great Pictures!! I agree I don't care for the new healthy menu! We try to eat healthy at home, we want junk food on vacation ;)

Tuesday, December 12.

No table service today.

We had lunch at Flame Tree and Restarantsaurous and dinner at Cosmic Rays.

DD did want me to take a picture of her snack for tonight

Mrs. Potts Cupboard:

Fudge Brownie Sundae: A
IMG_0769.jpg

this was yummy and it was only one snack credit!

Wednesday, December 13th, Le Cellier, Dinner:

We planned our whole day around this meal, it was the one meal that I would not, or should I say could not, change around.

drinks: kids, chocolate shakes, white milk. dh cola, myself.. I don't remember???

appetizer:
Grilled Beef Tenderloin Kabob: A
IMG_0816.jpg

two pieces of beef that were very tasty. My oldest ds ate one piece and dh and I shared the other.

Smoked Salmon with some kind of cheese (sorry, I can't find my receipt right now): C
IMG_0817.jpg

dh was very disappointed in this. For starters, he's been dreaming of the Le Cellier Canadian Cheese Selection for the past year. He loved that so much he got it for his appetizer and dessert on our last trip. Well, come to find out, it was a "seasonal" item and is no longer available. He went with this b/c nothing else sounded good to him. Well, he didn't enjoy this at all. I like smoked salmon, but it was just too fishy for us.

Kids food:
Canadian Cheese soup appetizer: B+
IMG_0819.jpg

both dd and ds got this and they each ate a bit of it. dh and I finished them off :teeth:

hot dog with fries: B
IMG_0820.jpg

hey, it's a grilled hot dog with fries, what more can you say?

healthy choice: pizza with apples and celery and carrots: B
IMG_0821.jpg

two of my boys got this cheese only. They enjoyed the pizza. We ordered the apples without the brown sugar. This was an all inclusive meal, so they did NOT get anything else to eat.

That was NOT fun when it came to dessert time and their sister and younger brother got sundaes. "don't you remember dear.... you had apple slices for dessert" :sad2: yeah, not a fun conversation to have.

Meals:

Mushroom Filet Mignon: A++
IMG_0822.jpg

sooooo yummy!! Who knew parsnips would be so good??!! This was my favorite meal of the whole trip!

7 oz. Filet Mignon: B+
IMG_0823.jpg

dh meal. It was yummy, but not as good as mine :teeth:

again, no pics of desserts. What is going on??? I KNOW I took them :confused3

Overall: A
This is the one restaurant we like to return to each trip

Great reviews. Your kids look adorable. I would have been upset about the desert for some kids but not for the others. That is just not fair. Disney is supposed to KNOW kids...do they really think kids are going to want apples for desert? Not kewl at all.

Loralie

Thursday, December 14, Garden Grill:

we were so hungry and excited about the characters that I didn't take pictures of the actual meal :blush:

it included:
Warm Cluster Bread with Honey Orange Butter
Salad with a raspberry vinegarette dressing (I think) and sweet potato chips
Flank Steak with Mushroom Cabernet Jus: very yummy
Rotisserie Turkey with Cranberry Relish: we didn't like the relish at all
Fried Catfish: it was ok. the
Mashed Potatoes with Watercress: yummy
Selection of Fresh Vegetables

we asked for seconds on the flank steak and mashed potatoes

kids:
Chicken Strips and Macaroni and Cheese

as soon as the food arrived we asked for another serving of macaroni and cheese. They included 8 total pieces of chicken when brought out, we figured it must have been 2 per child.

desserts:

kids cupcake: B
IMG_0939.jpg

adult dessert: B+
IMG_0940.jpg
I'm not sure what this was. It tasted cinamony-applee. that's some sort of butter on top, which sounded icky, but it tasted pretty good.

Character interaction was great! This is our favorite restaurant for characters. You never feel rushed by them and they come around so often you get to play around with them, and you really don't feel pressured by other tables to hurry it up.

Overall: B+

Friday, December 15, Whispering Canyon Cafe:

Our last meal on Disney property :(

kids meal: B
new standard menu again. 3 kiddos ordered mac and cheese, salad of watermelon and dessert was either sundae or worms in dirt. Their meal came out all at once in the pretty Mickey plates. the problem with that is they served the sundae at the same time as the rest of the food. So by the time my ds at his mac his sundae was all melted. Very silly I think.

kids skillet: A
my ds5 had been dreaming of this meal for a year! I was so happy that they still offered it on the dining plan.

IMG_1132.jpg

appetizers:

fried chicken wings: A
IMG_1131.jpg

sweet yet spicy. I enjoyed these so much!

nachos: A+
IMG_1130.jpg
my dh's favorite appetizer of the trip!

meals:

Roast Chicken: A
IMG_1129.jpg

they gave him half a chicken! He loved it all and ate it all :earboy2:

Grilled Pork Chops: B
IMG_1127.jpg

recommended by waiter so I tried it. They were ok, nothing special. Again, I wish I had just gone with something "normal" for me, like the skillet. I only ate 1/2 of one of the porkchops. I filled up on the wings and nachos so it was ok.

Overall: B

No real crazy antics from our waiter. He was getting wild and crazy with the tables next to us, but not us :(

I'm not sure if we'll be back for the next trip or not.

we paid $600 for our dining plan total for 5 days.

Our table service meals were more than $600 total.

So, basically our counter service meals and snacks were free!

Once I find my envelope with our receipts in it I will post the breakdowns, and counter service and snacks.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Lovely piccies.

Thanks for sharing your reviews and photos! We just got back from WDW and I'm already thinking about where to eat next time!

I am so hungry after looking at those pics! I have got to try mrs potts for that sundae. I hope it is open next month when we go.

Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews and pictures, I enjoyed your reviews. :simba:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter