Dining Reviews Part II - Crystal Palace, CHH, Pinocchios, Studio Catering, Backlot

zulaya

DIS Veteran
Dec 11 - Breakfast at Crystal Palace
We always book one breakfast here early in the morning so we get in before the park opens and are done eating by rope drop. We love the buffet here. Holy cow was it crowded with lots of families with really young kids. The lines were terribly long. Thankfully we had the first seating at 8:05am. The kids love the waffles here. DH and I love the breakfast lasagna. I really do love the variety here.

If we hadn't been on the dining plan, it would have cost $94.57

Dec 11 - Lunch at Pinocchio's
DS was starving for pizza so I took him there real quick. He got the cheese pizza with a root beer and cannoli for dessert. He didn't care much for the cannoli.

If we hadn't had the dining plan, this meal would have cost around $13. I don't have that receipt.

Dec 11 - Lunch at Columbia Harbor House
DH had clam chowder, a Diet coke and chocolate cake. DD had chicken strips, fries, Sprite and chocolate cake. I had the Garden Galley Salad, which had chicken, pecans, feta cheese and mixed greens. Ummmmmm! I also had an iced tea and apple crumble.

If we hadn't had the dining plan, this meal would have been around $38. I can't find that receipt, but that's what I have in my notes.

Dec 11 - Dinner at Studio Catering Company
I was all jazzed to try this with the new menu. DH and DS could have cared less so they went somewhere else. I had the Greek Chicken and Rice and thought it was really good! DD had the pulled pork sandwich. She thought it was too spicy for her. We both had chocolate cake for dessert, but we actually ended up taking it back to the room. Let me tell you I was sick of chocolate cake and the lack of dessert options the whole week.

This meal was $24.97 if not on the dining plan

Dec 11 - Backlot Express
DH and DS had hamburger meals, drinks and you guessed it, chocolate cake. I don't have their receipts, but I'm guessing it's close to SCC above. DH was bummed that the toppings bar was gone so he's not ready to go back there anytime soon.

Dec 11 - Snacks. We did use a couple snack credits at the Beach Club Marketplace. They'll give you anything under $4 as a snack credit which we found to be a great value. We got some Mickey bars, a giant king size bag of Lays BBQ chips and a large gelato for 4 credits, which was around $13 or so.

Part III forthcoming...

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews, I love that salad at CHH also! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter