Dining Reviews Part IV - Chef Mickey's, Hurricane Hannah's, Le Cellier

zulaya

DIS Veteran
Cast of Characters:
Me33 - like to try new things, but know exactly what I don't want
DH34 - meat and potatoes type guy, but willing to be a little adventurous
DS11 - has food radar constantly on, pretty adventurous, eats pretty much anything
DD10 - the picky one who really came out of her shell and tried some new stuff this time. But still does not really eat "outside the box" if you get my drift

We tried the Dining Plan for the first time this trip. As both kids are considered adults by Disney, we were curious as to how they would do with appetizer, entree and dessert.

Dec 13 - Chef Mickey's for Breakfast
This is DS's other favorite. Don't know why...I think it's the Mickey Waffles. We had an 8am ADR but people were slow to get going in the morning so we were about 15 minutes late. We were seated about 8:30am. This place does not seat you in the order you check in, which irked me a little.

Anyhow, there is some great variety, but it's busy and it's loud. But we had a good time and great food.

Dec 13 - Hurricane Hannah's for lunch
We came back from Downtown Disney and were a little hungry despite pigging out at CMs. So we went to Hurricane Hannah's, the pool bar CS at the Beach Club, where we were at the BCVs. We had 4 burger meals and DH had a chicken flatbread or something like that. He seemed to like it pretty well. We got some lemonade and diet coke for drinks. For dessert, we got some Mickey Ice Cream bars.

If we weren't on the dining plan, this would have cost $53.89.

Dec 13 - Le Cellier for dinner
We weren't on the CP package. We had tried Le Cellier like 5 years ago. And we were underwhelmed. Now that the kids were older and the menu looked interesting, I thought it was time to give it a try again.

DS got a root beer, DH a Diet coke, DD got sour apple soda and I got the sour apple slush. That sour apple was really good!

For appetizers, I got the vine ripened tomato stack, which had some greens and a vinaigrette. Loved it! The tomatoes were thick cut and juicy. Yummy stuff. DH got the Beef & Barley soup...that was really good, too! I almost wish I could have gotten 2 appetizers. DS and DD each got the shrimp cocktail.

We all pigged out on the bread! And I have to say, that pretzel bread is every bit as good as everyone has said. I really liked the multi grain bread myself.

The kids didn't really finish their shrimp cocktail. DD didn't seem to like it cold and both of them just wanted more bread! DH and I ended up eating some of their shrimp.

For entrees, DD had the prime rib and ate pretty much all the meat and left the potatoes on the plate. DS had the free range chicken. He cleaned his plate and was waiting on dessert. DH had the NY strip. I ordered the Mushroom Filet. I have to say my filet was not tender at all and was medium rare when I ordered medium. I ended up switching meat with DH. I did love my risotto though.

For dessert, I had the creme brulee duo, maple cream and vanilla; DH had the Chocolate Whiskey Cake, DS had the Chocolate "Moose" (which was so cute) and DD didn't want any dessert, but DH ordered the Blueberry Buckle because he wanted to try it.

Again, I am underwhelmed (DH says he's not overly excited) by Le Cellier and fail to see why people are to ga-ga over it. There just wasn't a "wow" factor here. Yeah, the bread was good, and I know people fawn over the cheese soup, but there wasn't anything that made me see why this is such a hard ADR to acquire.

We do have a great steak restaurant here at home...Timber Lodge Steakhouse...so we are used to a great steak place and I am sure I am comparing Le Cellier to what I get at Timber Lodge.

We did get a great deal for trying Le Cellier out on the dining plan. If we hadn't had the plan, we would have spent $213.18

Part V forthcoming...

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Sorry you weren't thrilled with Le Cellier. Last time I loved it, the time before they charred my filet (and I could not send it back because we had restless children). I mainly like to return for the cheese soup. Thanks for the reviews!

We ate there on 12/09, and didn't think it was all that great either. It was good, and nothing was "bad", but I don't know why all the hype over that place. ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter