Dinner on first day after AK

KateMW

DIS Veteran
We are spending our first park day at AK as it's going to be a later start since we are coming from one of the Marriotts after a meeting. Where should we eat dinner that night? We have park hoppers but I was kind of leaning towards one of the AKL restaurants since we've never been there. 2 adults, one 19 year old mini adult and a 10 year old brother. All decent eaters, not really picky. Can be in park or not. Staying at the Riviera.

AK closes fairly early and if you can wait I would go to Animinal Kingdom Lodge. Boma, and Sanna are both amazing. However in park there are a lot of great options. Tusker House is great!!! The character interactions are top notch. The food was great and some of the best on property. Full disclosure my kids are 10 and ask for Thai, Ethiopian and Indian food at home. They dislike pizza. So all of those restaurants are for more adventurous eaters.

How is Tiffin's? I noticed they have lobster Mac and cheese and my son is obsessed with it lately. LOL

How is Tiffin's? I noticed they have lobster Mac and cheese and my son is obsessed with it lately. LOL

I haven't been in the dining room for a long time, but I thought it was very good when we visisted maybe six years ago. I've been to the outdoor terrace/bar a few times in the last year or so and thought it was also very good.

Great suggestions! I have a toddler that loves animals but is super picky, so AK will be an adventure for him!

We loved Tiffins recently, and it has the added benefit of not having to transport to a different location.

Boma is great--but you're looking at adult pricing for everyone in your family including a mini-adult and a 10 year old. It's about $63 per person. With tip/tax and if you have an adult beverage, you're easily veering into $300 territory.

Tiffins is fabulous. Also great fun to get on the list for Nomad lounge outside, have a drink and an app and then go in for dinner.

Our votes are Tiffins in park and Jiko out of park. Both offer more adventurous fare than the typical Disney meal, which we truly appreciate! We also do a mid day break at Nomad Lounge for gluten free churros and a beverage. Our 16 yo, who is very picky, can find great items at any of the above.
Mike

Another vote for Tiffins or Jiko.
Also Y&Y.
Three of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter