Dinner table mates

We did our first Disney cruise last year as two families so we were seated together as a party of seven. This upcoming January we are sailing as just our little family of 3. It's not that we are anti-social but we will be requesting a private table. Like previous posters said, I'm there to enjoy my meal with my little family and reconnect in that short period. My job has me constantly dealing with people and working crazy hours. We just want to be able to enjoy our time. I actually met a lot of people during our last cruise just meandering around the boat last year and I expect to do the same this year.

Put us in the camp of enjoying being seated at a table with others. We've met some wonderful people that way and only on one cruise did we have "duds". Even at that we still enjoyed our meals. That's out of 14 DCL cruises. Disney does a great job of putting similar parties together.

We're two adults and we've gotten lucky to date in terms of table mates. We enjoy chatting to others over dinner about what they did during the day - it's nice to hear about other people's experiences on board.

Of topic, but Our first cruise is coming up next month, as a family of 6 I have assumed we’d have our own table... ? We’d probably have fun with another family but I doubt they do tables that big?

Of topic, but Our first cruise is coming up next month, as a family of 6 I have assumed we’d have our own table... ? We’d probably have fun with another family but I doubt they do tables that big?
Tables are either 4, 6 or 8 top so you'll likely be put at your own table for 6. Its possible that they would put you at a table for 8 but probably won't happen.

On my first cruise in 2010 (WBTA) I met a really nice family that we became wonderful friends. I've been to their house several times, we have done WDW and DLR trips together but unfortunately we have not been on another cruise together (although we've been talking about doing it for years). Although I've only known that family for about 7 years this month it feels like I've known them all my life. After that cruise in 2010 my second solo Disney Cruise was in 2011 and my table mates where horrible (complained about the wait to get on the ship, the wait for their luggage, too many kids, etc.) I tried to lighten things up by saying "hey but we are on a Disney Cruise!" and they just gave me the stink eye. After that first dinner I requested my own table and ever since that one bad experience I had requested my own table and so far I've sat alone for 7 cruises. Don't get me wrong I've met some wonderful people on these other cruises many of which are still my friends and if we where on the same cruise I would definitely sit with them but I haven't been that lucky. As a bit of an introvert it's a little difficult to me to engage in conversations but sometimes I just click with certain people and everything I fine and dandy.

We were matched a few cruises back with another family of 3 from Clearwater and they had a 3 yr old DD as well. Our girls quickly became friends and we became friendly with the parents. Since then we have taken one other cruise together and have just booked a 2018 spring break cruise with them as well. We have many things in common and get along really well with them. Our DD loves to have someone to play with in the clubs and run around with on CC.

On the last cruise we did with them we bought matching outfits for the girls and we were walking around the ship together and an older couple came up to them and told them how beautiful they looked and asked our DD if they were sisters. our daughter replied very happily............"We aren't sisters, we are cruise friends!!"

We always request a private table once the 3 of us and 2nd cruise with my parents and got our request both times. We are requesting again for our upcoming cruise. Personally I do not want to have to interact with others I paid a premium to have family time. My DH works out of town and we only get 2 meals a week together I do not want to share the precious time with strangers.
Just curious, When do you ask for the private table? Is it before the cruise or on the ship... My cruise will be my honeymoon and I would really like to just have a table with my dearest...

We have sat with a big family group, our own table of four, and been seated with others (who became great friends, especially the kids). We don't put in requests, just roll the dice and take what they give us and have had a great experience every time.

Just curious, When do you ask for the private table? Is it before the cruise or on the ship... My cruise will be my honeymoon and I would really like to just have a table with my dearest...

It's easier to call and have the REQUEST added beforehand. If you used a Travel Agent, they will have to do it.

But regardless of the circumstances, it is ONLY a request. (Unless you're concierge, and then I understand the default is a private table.)

Does the disney dream seat you with other families? I am a party of 2 on an anniversary trip so I feel like we would like to be seated alone? If so, how do I request a private table?

Does the disney dream seat you with other families? I am a party of 2 on an anniversary trip so I feel like we would like to be seated alone? If so, how do I request a private table?
Call DCL and have the request for a private table put on your reservation. If you used a TA, they need to make the call.

Remember, it's only a request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter