dinner with Shamu?

abbylukesmom

Earning My Ears
If you've donne this, what is your opinion? What were your likes & dislikes?

It doesn't seem like a bad price, looks fun!

We didn't make to the actual dinner, but I do think I have some info that may be useful. When we were there in April, the first reservation they had available for a family of 4 was sometime in June. The area is not very big at all, so you have to plan early and get reservations. In my opinion, there are not very many good places to eat in Sea World, so making up for that with being so close to the whales would well be worth the money. You are literally right next to tank. Very cool. I will be doing this next trip!

Have a great time!

I did this with my family last April. There wasn't really anything I disliked about it. You sit at a table about 6 ft from the tank where there are 4 whales swimming . One of the trainers gives a talk while the other trainers are positioned around the pool in various places and the whales come up to the edge to interact with them, so depending on where you are sat you could be as close as 6 ft from a killer whale. The talk was informative and the food was very good ( a buffet so you can choose what and how much you want) My whole family enjoyed the meal . I think it is worth dong once.

We have this planned for Christmas Day, Originally we booked for 4 but now now my mam and dad are coming out for a week arriving Christmas eve, so I made another booking for them as well hopefully they can seat us together.

We did this in San Diego, and it was the higlight of the vacation.....no dislikes about, we ordered early enough so we were the first table inf ront of were they always came out of the water...awesome and would recommend to anyone!!!!

We did Dinner with Shamu. I'd have to say that that was definitely a HUGE hilight of the whole trip. Definitely a favorite meal. The whales are so close, you learn all about what they do, and the food is great. Awesome photo opportunites. Request a table by the water toward the center! Great meal, great price, great fun, best of all...once the dinner lets out (the later one I mean), you can hurry to Shamu stadium and get great seats!

I'm going to move this to the Sea World board :) . I'm sure you'll get all the answers you need there.

We just did this last week. My DD (9) loved it and it was a highlight of our trip. I got some awesome pictures because we were so close! Food was good and the show they put on is great! Call early for front row tables! :wave:

We did this a little over a week ago and really enjoyed it. The food was
teriffic and we had a great front row seat. I was able to get some wonderful pictures and video. My one disappointment was that the trainers were on the other side of the pool - the write-up implies you have more interaction with the people who train the whales.

I would recommend this to anyone interested. We booked on-line about 6 weeks before the trip. We have platinum Busch passes so I was able to obtain a discount.

Thanks for your replies! I am going to book it right away. I think the price sounded reasonable compared to the character lunches. Besides, I just paid $41.00 per ticket for DD & I to see Hillary Duff in concert! ;) Who would have ever thought? :rotfl2:

abbylukesmom said:
If you've donne this, what is your opinion? What were your likes & dislikes?

It doesn't seem like a bad price, looks fun!

I done it for my Daughters Birthday two weeks ago. It cost about $110 for the four of us (2 adults, 2 kids). The whole experience only lasts an hour, for which a Killer Whale is active for about 30 minutes of that hour. The seating is in a semi-circle shape around a pool where a whale performs small tricks and speaks, etc. At one time He/She is sent up close to the edge of the pool for photos, etc.

Food is very good quality (mainly due to the small numbers being seated) and is all you care to eat.

Overall, is it worth it, yea, probably, but I wouldn't go crazy about the whole experience and do it again.

Trev

We did this on my ds wish trip May6 2005, It wasn't all that I thought it would be, someone in an earlier post mentioned that their our trainers stationed at various locations so that the whales interact with them, but it wasn't like that when we where there. The trainers where on the other side of the pool and that is where the whales would stay! I don't remember alot being said about the whales, it was hard to hear and we where busy eating and watching the whales to really listen! The whales did go around the pool a few times and jump out of the water so have to have your camera ready at all times. I don't know if we would ever do it again, but the expereince of doing it once is really cool! Our kids really enjoyed it and that is what counts!! I notice you are from Indiana, same here!

What are the seating times? And can you make PS or do you have to do that the day you are in the park? These questions are for Shamu BTW. Since it is a "show", how long do you have to sit and eat? As long as you want or do they kick you out after the "show"?

i want to go there and dine with shamu in november. when do they decide where you'll be sitting? and how many rows are there actually?

Is a reservation necessary? We'll be there first week of June but haven't picked our day yet.

I've heard the first to book gets the front row centre. I booked yesterday for July 25th as someone told me how to look up the dates in advance of the ones listed. I was waiting patiently for them to be loaded when if you put a search date in it was already there so I've missed the chance probably! Ah well I think all the seats are reasonable views.

For those that have been, how many rows of table are there? I just booked this yesterday for June 19. I have two kiddies who would just love to be right at the tanks edge. But if were not right next to the tank will they still have a good view?

We are going to book for August and would like to know where we are likely to be sat!!! If you book on-line will it tell you where you going to be sat? Or is that only if you book on the phone?
Debsx:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter