Dinosaur ride for 4yo who dislikes roller coasters?

Nicnicnic.nic

Mouseketeer
I've never been to AK and never ridden Dinosaur but I've ridden Indiana Jones at Disneyland and I think she would be ok with that ride and I've heard they are similar. What do you think? She hated slinky dog last trip and I've promised her no roller coasters. And I know dinosaur isn't a roller coaster but ...I don't know.

It’s the same ride system as Indiana Jones but it’s in the dark with a few scary dinosaurs coming at you. I am sure you can find a ride pov on YouTube to help with your decision

How does she feel about the dark? Dinosaur is much darker than Indiana Jones and I feel like it makes it much more scary.
She's fine with the dark if I'm with her. It's been awhile and I'm just as prone to nausea as she is and I just remember Indiana being a little fast and bumpy but I never felt sick. I think I'ma double check her height and probably go for it

If she's 4 and didn't like Slinky Dog, not sure I'd want to expose her to Dinosaur just yet. Maybe give it a few years. It's not a roller coaster, but there sure are roller coaster-like moments - in the dark, with very loud audio, and scary creatures. There are so many things to do and see at AK that a 4 yr-old might appreciate more than a scary ride like Dinosaur. But you would know your child better than anyone out here on the boards.....

If she's 4 and didn't like Slinky Dog, not sure I'd want to expose her to Dinosaur just yet. Maybe give it a few years. It's not a roller coaster, but there sure are roller coaster-like moments - in the dark, with very loud audio, and scary creatures. There are so many things to do and see at AK that a 4 yr-old might appreciate more than a scary ride like Dinosaur. But you would know your child better than anyone out here on the boards.....
Now I'm leaning towards skipping lol

Every kid is different. As a dad of 8 kids who had the genetic advantage of height to be able to ride early (I'm 6'6"), I had a couple kids who loved it who rode just before their fourth birthday, and I had a couple kids who we waited to take on it when they were 6 years old because they weren't ready for it until then. If she didn't like slinky dog, I would wait. As the other posters have noted, it is loud, dark, and parts are scary.

We took grandsons last month And rode Dinosaur. The 9 yo liked it and the 7 yo was terrified. He has vowed to never go on it again, but perhaps with a few more years he will try it again.

I have to wear earplugs on it or sit there with my fingers in my ears because it's so loud :laughing: my ride photos are a riot.

I've watched kids even a few years older have complete meltdowns on Dinosaur. It's also an older ride with maintenance issues. It's broken down and the car has stopped on the tracks in the dark in front of scary dinos for 15 plus minutes. I've seen children scream and sob the entire wait while parents can do nothing but hold them close and pray the ride starts again. Only you know your child best. I wouldn't take a child under 8 yrs on Dinosaur esp given its state.

I've watched kids even a few years older have complete meltdowns on Dinosaur. It's also an older ride with maintenance issues. It's broken down and the car has stopped on the tracks in the dark in front of scary dinos for 15 plus minutes. I've seen children scream and sob the entire wait while parents can do nothing but hold them close and pray the ride starts again. Only you know your child best. I wouldn't take a child under 8 yrs on Dinosaur esp given its state.

Well now that is just the stuff of nightmares to me. I am not a fan of Dinosaur, but my mom loves it so I ride it for her. We have quite a few pictures of me (as an adult) with my head either in her lap or buried in her shoulder. There is no way I would ever consider taking a 4 year old on it.

Loud and bumpy--not in a fun way. If you really, really love dinsosaurs, that's the only reason to ride. Otherwise it's just not that cool and very uncomfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter