Dinosaurs

Yes each kid is different and they react differently at different times too! Well, I guess we’ll see.

Yep, exactly. That's why I said you won't know until you try. If you want to show him the video on YouTube, do it. And/or clearly describe the ride to him. However you still won't know how he'd react until he tries it. We did this with our kids, especially our daughter. We didn't show them videos because we feel it ruins some of the fun. However, we were clear and honest about what the ride was and then had them try it. We did it in "baby steps", for example starting roller coasters with Barnstormer and then moving up.

We went in 2016 when our son was 4. We did T Rex and the boneyard. We went back in February 2019 and did T Rex twice this time. It was the #1 thing he talked about in the three years between our trips. Frankly T Rex is the best dinosaur-themed experience at WDW. Triceratop Spin is ok. DINOSAUR (official name is all caps) is a great ride for older kids and adults but it’s too realistic for younger kids so we skipped it. I also don’t know about the height requirement for the roller coaster but I don’t think little kids can go on it.

It’s a total missed opportunity. Little kids love dinosaurs and they can’t do half the stuff in Dinoland. There’s a Thomas the train theme park in MA that has a walking path with about 10 animatronic dinosaurs. That’s better than anything in Disney’s Dinoland.

Another vote for the boneyard. Our kids loved it when they were young.
Getting pictures with the dinosaurs around the land is fun as well.
Each child is different, but in general, I think the ride is too scary for a 5 year old. When the Carnotaurus comes at the car with the sound effects, it can be intense. I've seen young kids dive for the floor and in tears at the end of the ride.

Maybe stop by for a snack at Restaurantosaurus by the Dinosaur ride. My family loves this QS restaurant. Cool theming with lots of dino dig type things to look at. Also has seating in the back that reminds you of being in a camper.

Another vote for the boneyard. Our kids loved it when they were young.
Getting pictures with the dinosaurs around the land is fun as well.
Each child is different, but in general, I think the ride is too scary for a 5 year old. When the Carnotaurus comes at the car with the sound effects, it can be intense. I've seen young kids dive for the floor and in tears at the end of the ride.
O I don’t even remember that part. Sounds intense. Hm well I’ll see and talk to him to see what he would want to do.
Yep, exactly. That's why I said you won't know until you try. If you want to show him the video on YouTube, do it. And/or clearly describe the ride to him. However you still won't know how he'd react until he tries it. We did this with our kids, especially our daughter. We didn't show them videos because we feel it ruins some of the fun. However, we were clear and honest about what the ride was and then had them try it. We did it in "baby steps", for example starting roller coasters with Barnstormer and then moving up.
Yes I agree. Well we’ll see I guess. We’re going in July so we still have time to show him videos and talk to him. He does love barnstormer but does not really like buzz. He also hated a ride I thought he would totally love! We went to DL and he loves cars. We took him to RSR first thing in the morning and that was just the wrong move.
We went in 2016 when our son was 4. We did T Rex and the boneyard. We went back in February 2019 and did T Rex twice this time. It was the #1 thing he talked about in the three years between our trips. Frankly T Rex is the best dinosaur-themed experience at WDW. Triceratop Spin is ok. DINOSAUR (official name is all caps) is a great ride for older kids and adults but it’s too realistic for younger kids so we skipped it. I also don’t know about the height requirement for the roller coaster but I don’t think little kids can go on it.

It’s a total missed opportunity. Little kids love dinosaurs and they can’t do half the stuff in Dinoland. There’s a Thomas the train theme park in MA that has a walking path with about 10 animatronic dinosaurs. That’s better than anything in Disney’s Dinoland.
We’ll definitely explore more. I wanted him to play at the boneyard when he was 2.5 but we never had time. Maybe we’ll take turns riding FOP while the other hang out at dinoland with him.

My kids first rode at 6 and 4. DH and I sat on the outside with them between us. That way, they were a little farther from the dinos (guess we were the bait) and they were fine. I mean, we all screamed a little but nobody cried...not even DH!! LOL. I’d say try it. But ditto others on the Boneyard—kids loved that. We also enjoyed the atmosphere at TRex much more than Rainforest. There is also a Build-A-Dino (like Build-A-Bear) there which was cute. My kids got T-Shirts for the ones they already had at home rather than getting a big plushie to take home.

My kids first rode at 6 and 4. DH and I sat on the outside with them between us. That way, they were a little farther from the dinos (guess we were the bait) and they were fine. I mean, we all screamed a little but nobody cried...not even DH!! LOL. I’d say try it. But ditto others on the Boneyard—kids loved that. We also enjoyed the atmosphere at TRex much more than Rainforest. There is also a Build-A-Dino (like Build-A-Bear) there which was cute. My kids got T-Shirts for the ones they already had at home rather than getting a big plushie to take home.
Oh cool! Build a Dino sounds like something he will really like. I better not bring him there until the end of the trip! Lol!! Will definitely be taking him to the boneyard

Oh cool! Build a Dino sounds like something he will really like. I better not bring him there until the end of the trip! Lol!! Will definitely be taking him to the boneyard
My kids loved playing the “xylobone” on the wall! And one of my fave Disney trip pics of all time is of my kids in front of the Jeep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter