Direct or a Combination?

Thanks! We definitely will ensure that we'd have enough for at least a 1 bedroom at Aulani. We definitely want to save $ on food, and prefer to cook our own too!
I'd prob get the 1BR not to cook more but to make sure I my leftover poke stays well refrigerated :X

Ok, so we pulled the trigger on the 200pts direct to VGF. Now I’m debating a few things since we haven’t done the DocuSign yet. We did 200 pts with a December Use Year, used MB to sell the 2022 points back and got all of the other incentives too!

1. Someone suggested two 100 pt contracts versus one 200 pt contracts. Do you know how that would affect closing costs (which were actually less than the DVC website told me they’d be)

2. We want to allow my extended family to go with us sometimes. However, we factored the 200pts for our family of 5 to go since we’re the ones paying for this DVC. Should we buy resale later? Should we look into renting or transferring points from others at some point to supplement my family going? Is this even doable if one year we needed like 75-100 pts? I just don’t want to be left with too many points that we can’t use.

3. Should I have waited a few days in order to make that 10 day cancellation period fall on 9/12 so I can see if the new incentives are better? I tried to find historical offers but it isn’t easy.

4. How long do I have to sign the contract?

5. I see closing slated for 28 September. Is that changed based on when I DocuSign?

6. We are paying in cash, no financing.

7. Anything else I’m missing?

Ok, so we pulled the trigger on the 200pts direct to VGF. Now I’m debating a few things since we haven’t done the DocuSign yet. We did 200 pts with a December Use Year, used MB to sell the 2022 points back and got all of the other incentives too!

1. Someone suggested two 100 pt contracts versus one 200 pt contracts. Do you know how that would affect closing costs (which were actually less than the DVC website told me they’d be)

2. We want to allow my extended family to go with us sometimes. However, we factored the 200pts for our family of 5 to go since we’re the ones paying for this DVC. Should we buy resale later? Should we look into renting or transferring points from others at some point to supplement my family going? Is this even doable if one year we needed like 75-100 pts? I just don’t want to be left with too many points that we can’t use.

3. Should I have waited a few days in order to make that 10 day cancellation period fall on 9/12 so I can see if the new incentives are better? I tried to find historical offers but it isn’t easy.

5. I see closing slated for 28 September. Is that changed based on when I DocuSign?

Welcome Home

1. You would pay an additional closing cost. It would be slightly lower per contract since it's less points, but all the main fees would remain the same.

2. That's up to you. You can also borrow for your family if you would like to treat them (borrowing is a permanent transaction and cannot be undone) or even try to rent them an accommodation from another owner. As you use the points you will probably find you aren't left with extras. I think the main consensus is we always need more points!

3./4. You have 10 days to rescind from when you sign everything, not the verbal offer when points are loaded. You do not have to sign right away. Wait a week or so if you want to be in the 9/12 window. One time I asked Quality Assurance and the rep told me I had 30+ days to sign since it knows some members need a notary. You also pay less pro-rated dues the later you sign.

5./6. If you are paying cash you can actually request a 90 day payment period from your guide. He/she will need to rewrite contracts anyway to split into two 100 point contracts so it can be nice to buy yourself time to make the payments and maybe get a new CC here or there for some bonuses.

Welcome Home!

1. You would pay an additional closing cost. It would be slightly lower per contract since it's less points, but all the main fees would remain the same.

2. That's up to you. You can also borrow for your family if you would like to treat them (borrowing is a permanent transaction and cannot be undone) or even try to rent them an accommodation from another owner. As you use the points you will probably find you aren't left with extras. I think the main consensus is we always need more points!

3./4. You have 10 days to rescind from when you sign everything, not the verbal offer when points are loaded. You do not have to sign right away. Wait a week or so if you want to be in the 9/12 window. One time I asked Quality Assurance and the rep told me I had 30+ days to sign since it knows some members need a notary. You also pay less pro-rated dues the later you sign.

5./6. If you are paying cash you can actually request a 90 day payment period from your guide. He/she will need to rewrite anyway to split into two 100 point contracts so it can be nice to buy yourself time to make the payments and maybe get a new CC here or there for some bonuses.

Welcome Home!
1. Thanks! We’d still get the same offers as we are ultimately still getting 200 pts.

2. I was looking through renting threads and it all depends on how much we need and pray that the amount and reasonable cost is there. We’re trying to avoid borrowing as we want vacations yearly too. 😂

3/4. Thank you! I think we will wait a few. We need to review all the language in it and make a few decisions anyways.

5. Yes I had her split it into 3 payments total evenly. We paid about $12k today and then have it all paid off in 60 days.

Thanks so much! After all the research, it feels weird to be “Welcome Home” but very happy about it!

5./6. If you are paying cash you can actually request a 90 day payment period from your guide. He/she will need to rewrite anyway to split into two 100 point contracts so it can be nice to buy yourself time to make the payments and maybe get a new CC here or there for some bonuses.

Welcome Home!
I used the Disney Visa and got 2% towards rewards points (which you can use to pay dues or anything Disney related) and then 0% financing for 6-months. Park you cash in a money market earning 5% and then pay it off on full after 6-months. On $30k, 6-months of interest at 5% annualized would be ~$750. Add in 2% Disney rewards and that is another $600. So, a combined $1350… that covers your first year of dues!

I used the Disney Visa and got 2% towards rewards points (which you can use to pay dues or anything Disney related) and then 0% financing for 6-months. Park you cash in a money market earning 5% and then pay it off on full after 6-months. On $30k, 6-months of interest at 5% annualized would be ~$750. Add in 2% Disney rewards and that is another $600. So, a combined $1350… that covers your first year of dues!
Great deal. Since we are in Maryland, we’d have to fly so we put the first increment today on our Southwest card to get flight miles. 1 point per $1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter