Direct or a Combination?

1. Thanks! We’d still get the same offers as we are ultimately still getting 200 pts.

2. I was looking through renting threads and it all depends on how much we need and pray that the amount and reasonable cost is there. We’re trying to avoid borrowing as we want vacations yearly too. 😂

3/4. Thank you! I think we will wait a few. We need to review all the language in it and make a few decisions anyways.

5. Yes I had her split it into 3 payments total evenly. We paid about $12k today and then have it all paid off in 60 days.

Thanks so much! After all the research, it feels weird to be “Welcome Home” but very happy about it!

1. Yes, you will still get the incentives on 200 points spread over both contracts. You must also sell back all the points with Magical Beginnings. You cannot decide to sell 100 and keep the other 100 since both contracts are part of the same promotion.

2. I understand, enjoy your points and you can always think about adding later on!

3/4. If your guide or QA calls you about documents you can just be honest about waiting for 9/12. Other members here have reported they have told their guides they are waiting to see the new promotions. DVC will say they can rewrite contracts if incentives are better, but it's truly not required by law unless it's within that 10 day period so it's a nice safety net not to sign.

5. That's great! I applied for a new Chase card for my first direct contract and referred everyone else listed on the deed and got a ton of Ultimate Reward points between referrals, sign up bonuses and category spend since DVC codes as 3x with Chase for travel.

Glad you are happy with the purchase! I don't think you can go wrong with VGF. I am probably biased since it's my favorite, but you are going to love it!

1. Yes, you will still get the incentives on 200 points spread over both contracts. You must also sell back all the points with Magical Beginnings. You cannot decide to sell 100 and keep the other 100 since both contracts are part of the same promotion.

2. I understand, enjoy your points and you can always think about adding later on!

3/4. If your guide or QA calls you about documents you can just be honest about waiting for 9/12. Other members here have reported they have told their guides they are waiting to see the new promotions. DVC will say they can rewrite contracts if incentives are better, but it's truly not required by law unless it's within that 10 day period so it's a nice safety net not to sign.

5. That's great! I applied for a new Chase card for my first direct contract and referred everyone else listed on the deed and got a ton of Ultimate Reward points between referrals, sign up bonuses and category spend since DVC codes as 3x with Chase for travel.

Glad you are happy with the purchase! I don't think you can go wrong with VGF. I am probably biased since it's my favorite, but you are going to love it!
Thank you so much!!! We are definitely happy with the purchase. Just want to wait until the 9/12 promos are released and see if anything is more appealing!

Ok, so we pulled the trigger on the 200pts direct to VGF. Now I’m debating a few things since we haven’t done the DocuSign yet. We did 200 pts with a December Use Year, used MB to sell the 2022 points back and got all of the other incentives too!

1. Someone suggested two 100 pt contracts versus one 200 pt contracts. Do you know how that would affect closing costs (which were actually less than the DVC website told me they’d be)

2. We want to allow my extended family to go with us sometimes. However, we factored the 200pts for our family of 5 to go since we’re the ones paying for this DVC. Should we buy resale later? Should we look into renting or transferring points from others at some point to supplement my family going? Is this even doable if one year we needed like 75-100 pts? I just don’t want to be left with too many points that we can’t use.

3. Should I have waited a few days in order to make that 10 day cancellation period fall on 9/12 so I can see if the new incentives are better? I tried to find historical offers but it isn’t easy.

4. How long do I have to sign the contract?

5. I see closing slated for 28 September. Is that changed based on when I DocuSign?

6. We are paying in cash, no financing.

7. Anything else I’m missing?

Closing costs will be slightly more for two 100 point contracts than a 200 point contract. However, if you sold one of those later, you’d lose membership extras.

For the occasional trip, you can seek a transfer into your account, or you can let f wily rent a reservation from someone else, Borrowing is also an option for the occasional trip.

Of course, you can buy a resale contract, but be aware that those resale points will be restricted from RIV, VDH, and any future resort..even if you own direct points that are valid everywhere.

Being that you are this close to the 10 days, I might wait a few days to sign so you are in the window….but talk to your guide about it as he might say that it is not an issue..

The closing date is set for the 28th of September because DVD gives you the standard 30 days to pay off the contract..,,if you paid sooner, they’d close it sooner,

With nee incentives coming out soon, definitely take advantage of that…you can even ask them if they could get approval to spread it out farther if you want…people have gotten up to 90 days…not guaranteed but it has happened.

Welcome home!

Closing costs will be slightly more for two 100 point contracts than a 200 point contract. However, if you sold one of those later, you’d lose membership extras.

For the occasional trip, you can seek a transfer into your account, or you can let f wily rent a reservation from someone else, Borrowing is also an option for the occasional trip.

Of course, you can buy a resale contract, but be aware that those resale points will be restricted from RIV, VDH, and any future resort..even if you own direct points that are valid everywhere.

Being that you are this close to the 10 days, I might wait a few days to sign so you are in the window….but talk to your guide about it as he might say that it is not an issue..

The closing date is set for the 28th of September because DVD gives you the standard 30 days to pay off the contract..,,if you paid sooner, they’d close it sooner,

With nee incentives coming out soon, definitely take advantage of that…you can even ask them if they could get approval to spread it out farther if you want…people have gotten up to 90 days…not guaranteed but it has happened.

Welcome home!
Thank you so much for the insight!! I am not sure how easy it is for transferring for that occasional trip. I definitely don't want to pay more than we need for our family. Right now, 200pts seems perfect for us based on our math.

Great, I did set up a 90 day payment with our guide. She actually suggested it last night when I asked if we could split the payment. I will pay it off sooner, though.

Thank you so much for the insight!! I am not sure how easy it is for transferring for that occasional trip. I definitely don't want to pay more than we need for our family. Right now, 200pts seems perfect for us based on our math.

Great, I did set up a 90 day payment with our guide. She actually suggested it last night when I asked if we could split the payment. I will pay it off sooner, though.

Transfers are not that hard, but they do require a three way call….and you have to find someone with the points you want…given the one per UY owners are allowed…unless you are transferring between multiple memberships you own…most will only transfer larger amounts.

That is why borrowing might be a good way to go for the first family trip or so! With the price increase of VGF going to $230 on September 12th, I would say the incentives will not be better for VGF.

Transfers are not that hard, but they do require a three way call….and you have to find someone with the points you want…given the one per UY owners are allowed…unless you are transferring between multiple memberships you own…most will only transfer larger amounts.

That is why borrowing might be a good way to go for the first family trip or so! With the price increase of VGF going to $230 on September 12th, I would say the incentives will not be better for VGF.
Thanks! We just worry that if we borrow from our next year, then we'd be short on what our family would need the next year..... or for future vacations. I keep telling my husband that I have to stop worrying about anyone else and think about our family of 5 for this since we're the owners.... ;)

Thanks! We just worry that if we borrow from our next year, then we'd be short on what our family would need the next year..... or for future vacations. I keep telling my husband that I have to stop worrying about anyone else and think about our family of 5 for this since we're the owners.... ;)

Thar does happen…but, it also does push things off for you to eventually catch up..or buy down the line when you realize you need/want more even for your own trips.

It’s how we started out!

Thar does happen…but, it also does push things off for you to eventually catch up..or buy down the line when you realize you need/want more even for your own trips.

It’s how we started out!
Ok that is encouraging!!! I think 200pts is safe for us right now. Also, what’s to say that the extended family that we will take with us will love Disney as much as we do? 😂

Not taking into account closing costs, here is the breakdown for VGF direct, price per point:

175 points would be $30,040 or $171.65/pt
200 points would be $33,330 or $166.65/or
150 points would be $25,165 or $167.76/pt

With all incentives currently taken into consideration. The price per point of 175 makes me cringe compared to 150/200.

Ok, I just want to ensure I get my UY where I can get 2022 points and sell those via MB.
How are you getting those prices per point? I am working with someone direct at Disney and my prices per point are not the same. They are higher. Are you already a direct owner?

Ok, so we pulled the trigger on the 200pts direct to VGF. Now I’m debating a few things since we haven’t done the DocuSign yet. We did 200 pts with a December Use Year, used MB to sell the 2022 points back and got all of the other incentives too!

1. Someone suggested two 100 pt contracts versus one 200 pt contracts. Do you know how that would affect closing costs (which were actually less than the DVC website told me they’d be)

2. We want to allow my extended family to go with us sometimes. However, we factored the 200pts for our family of 5 to go since we’re the ones paying for this DVC. Should we buy resale later? Should we look into renting or transferring points from others at some point to supplement my family going? Is this even doable if one year we needed like 75-100 pts? I just don’t want to be left with too many points that we can’t use.

3. Should I have waited a few days in order to make that 10 day cancellation period fall on 9/12 so I can see if the new incentives are better? I tried to find historical offers but it isn’t easy.

4. How long do I have to sign the contract?

5. I see closing slated for 28 September. Is that changed based on when I DocuSign?

6. We are paying in cash, no financing.

7. Anything else I’m missing?
Do you mind sharing how much you are paying per point? I am working direct with Disney on a Grand Floridian contract as well, I’m curious if they’re the same. They should be right?

How are you getting those prices per point? I am working with someone direct at Disney and my prices per point are not the same. They are higher. Are you already a direct owner?
Hi - Sure can. Here is a good starting point from my Guide: https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/n/GrandFloridian_Prospect_Welcome_CashOnly.pdf

Welcome Home Credit of $1,000 is if you have a future reservation already booked. I booked a 2 night stay next summer so I could get this offer.

The only other offers that are not on here are Magical Beginnings where you can sell back your first use year points for $22/pt. We did that for our 2022 Points (as we chose a December Use Year) so we will get a rebate check for $4,400.

Additionally, the "Dream It Forward" discount of $500 that I got for being referred to DVC.

To get the prices I have listed, I did take into account the Magical Beginnings $ even though it will be in the form of a rebate check.

150 pts after discounts - Developer Credit, Summer Credit, Welcome Home, Dream it Forward (500) and Magical Beginnings (3300): $25,165 or $167.66/pt

175 pts after discounts - same as above except Magical Beginnings is $3850: $30,040 or $171.65/pt

200 pts after discounts - same as above except Magical Beginnings is $4400: $33,330 or $166.65/pt

Does that help?

Do you mind sharing how much you are paying per point? I am working direct with Disney on a Grand Floridian contract as well, I’m curious if they’re the same. They should be right?
Yes, it should be as long as you are getting the same discounts. We also paid cash, no financing. 200 pts is $33,330 total after ALL discounts (ones here https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/n/GrandFloridian_Prospect_Welcome_CashOnly.pdf) and Magical Beginnings and Dream it Forward = $166.65/pt

It does help! Thank you! The one thing I don’t understand is the magical beginnings discount. If you’re getting a contract new for 2023 how are you getting 2022 points to sell back. I see that you said you choose December use yr, but wouldn’t that mean you just get your 1st years point December 2023? Not 2022.

If you choose a use year that has not started yet, you’ll get 2022 points. My guide said they were working on March Use Years but made an exception for us to December.

So on 1 Dec 2023 our 2023 use year starts and we get 200 pts.

Since we got the contract now, we are in a 2022 use year until 30 Nov 2023. So we got 200 pts loaded upon DVC purchase. We are selling these back for $22/pt.

If you choose a use year that has not started yet, you’ll get 2022 points. My guide said they were working on March Use Years but made an exception for us to December.

So on 1 Dec 2023 our 2023 use year starts and we get 200 pts.

Since we got the contract now, we are in a 2022 use year until 30 Nov 2023. So we got 200 pts loaded upon DVC purchase. We are selling these back for $22/pt.
Ok I got it! Another question, did you have to pay annual dues for 2022? What about 2023?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter