DIrectTV now

I have never had picture quality problems with YouTubeTV and have subscribed for over a year now. On two TVs I use the YouTubeTV app on the Roku. On the other TVs I use a chromecast.

You can have three streams going simultaneously with the same login. Even though you can share your account with 5 others, you are still bound by the 3 simultaneous stream limit.

That's why I suggested possibly using something else where the login info for the account works. That's not always the case for all services, but I saw that Fox Sports GO and YouTube TV was listed. I believe that WatchESPN and other apps can patch into the YouTube TV account. I don't see it listed for my TNT app though.

For whatever reason there seem to be streaming quality difference depending on how the content is accessed. I also prefer to get it direct from the source if I'm streaming it, but I know it can get tricky trying to get that on a TV.

I use Slingtv it’s only $19.99 a month, I get Fox south and Fox southeast, I don’t watch sports though if I did they have a sports package.

Okay, so other shows seem to be coming through fine. I’m thinking they are sending me the SD version of FSMW. Did have an issue watching a pre-recorded movie locking up every few minutes. Watching the same channel live a day earlier was no problem.

I'm seriously considering YouTube TV, but it doesn't seem ideal for out of market football games (Seahawks fan living in Massachusetts). It doesn't appear they have Redzone as an upgrade option. Playstation Vue has a good set of channels with its Core package ($45) plus $10 for Redzone, NBCSN and a few other sports channels. $55 seems pretty steep though...especially when/if I drop my cable, my Internet will go up to approximately $90 a month.

I'm seriously considering YouTube TV, but it doesn't seem ideal for out of market football games (Seahawks fan living in Massachusetts). It doesn't appear they have Redzone as an upgrade option. Playstation Vue has a good set of channels with its Core package ($45) plus $10 for Redzone, NBCSN and a few other sports channels. $55 seems pretty steep though...especially when/if I drop my cable, my Internet will go up to approximately $90 a month.

It asks for your zip code before assigning you local sports options. I would “think” one could choose whatever zip they want to tailor their programming to a specific market. Of course, if that works, you’ll also get Seattle “other stuff” you may not want.

It asks for your zip code before assigning you local sports options. I would “think” one could choose whatever zip they want to tailor their programming to a specific market. Of course, if that works, you’ll also get Seattle “other stuff” you may not want.

You’re stuck with local channels. Do they match it to your credit card billing address?

Keeping an eye on DirectTVNow, reviews I've seen have been mixed. We have lots of choices with an antenna, Prime, Tivo, and Netflix, but I'd like to get HGTV and Food channel. And a couple of news networks I can't get now. I guess it depends on where you live as to how well it works?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter