Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

Love to post some pics. I am doing the seasonal thing in North Conway NH by the Saco River. I'm bringing my cats with me....lol...they hate car rides. I'm going to start going on little rides with them in the spring to get them ready for the trip. I've been buying and making things for my new camper so it will be cozy. So, no one is worried about your white count either? Also, I get very few if any reasons as to what they think it is. Next doc visit I'm going to have a more serious discussion, and ask for some answers. If it isn't normal, there must be a reason don't u think. I've joined a book club for the first time in my little town. The next book reading is about a woman diagnosed with cancer. Through discussion about the upcoming book I've found out the Librarian and one other member are cancer survivors. I don't know if I want to read the book. My mother died from breast cancer and I think with the Holidays coming up, it will just be too sad for me to read. I think I'm going to skip this book. Anyway, always good to come in hear and read what everyone is up to. I look in here everyday because everyday is one more day I get to live my life and find the joy, as survivors, we can all share....and sometimes sharing the stress as well. Love to All and Happy Thanksgiving!

Add me in to the person wanting to see some pics of you and the cats camping for sure! Sounds like fun.

I'm with you on the book club. I'm afraid reading something like that would for sure bring back too many painful memories for me as well, since I just lost my mom and my MIL this year to cancer.

Keep focusing on the positive, sounds like you are and I try to do the same myself. That's not to say it isn't way too easy sometimes to fall into a dark place with a memory or a thought about cancer, but I do my best not to stay there for very long. Nobody is ever promised tomorrow so we need to live each day the best way that we can and I try to remember that.

Just as an FYI, here are my four kittehs:

upload_2017-11-16_7-25-46.jpeg
This is my older girl, who has permanent residency in our master bedroom with us, away from the other cats since she began terrorizing the kitten that we got a year ago.

upload_2017-11-16_7-26-41.jpeg
This is me with the 'baby' of the family. She is a sweet girl...doesn't deserve to be terrorized for sure.

upload_2017-11-16_7-27-20.jpeg
The kitten and her older brother. This guy, the all black guy, is my mini panther cat. He's a good cat, we adopted him as a 2 year old from our local animal shelter. He's fit well into the family. These two LOVE to play together.

upload_2017-11-16_7-28-17.jpeg
This is my million dollar cat...or pretty close. We adopted him from an animal shelter when he was a baby as well. We have since spent a LOT of money on some expensive surgeries to deal with urinary issues he was having and he's had a few mystery illnesses as well, but he's such a good cat that I felt he was worth it and he's still pretty young...I think 5 or 6 now?

I'm sorry about your sister, Smiley. :hug: Otherwise so many positives! With all of you guys! Love the pics!

Having cancer really does change your perspective about things, I agree wholeheartedly.

Wishing you all a nice Thanksgiving.

Just checked back into this thread. LMP, my DH had hip replacement surgery today. I think he's doing ok, the surgeon said his arthritis is really bad. So maybe more surgeries in our future. Will be busy caretaking for a while.

Haven't been sleeping well, too many things to worry about. DD has mental health issues and is not nearby, DH has the joint issues and now heart issues, and I have to go back to an oncologist. I have had rib pain for about 6 months. Went for a check up with the surgeon, she wanted me to get an MRI but it didn't get in her notes. Several calls now since August with no resolution. So I've made an Oncology appointment in early December. Hoping it's a residual thing from my mastectomy in 2012 (tight band feeling around chest).

I need a Disney trip! Not sure who will push who around the parks though. I'm so out of shape.

Smiley, so sorry to hear about your Sister.

Just checked back into this thread. LMP, my DH had hip replacement surgery today. I think he's doing ok, the surgeon said his arthritis is really bad. So maybe more surgeries in our future. Will be busy caretaking for a while.

Haven't been sleeping well, too many things to worry about. DD has mental health issues and is not nearby, DH has the joint issues and now heart issues, and I have to go back to an oncologist. I have had rib pain for about 6 months. Went for a check up with the surgeon, she wanted me to get an MRI but it didn't get in her notes. Several calls now since August with no resolution. So I've made an Oncology appointment in early December. Hoping it's a residual thing from my mastectomy in 2012 (tight band feeling around chest).

I need a Disney trip! Not sure who will push who around the parks though. I'm so out of shape.

Dear Diana! It never rains but it pours :( keep going forward it will get better again!! Can there be anything worse than worrying about your child?? As you know We went through literal hell for a good year and half with one of ours, it got to the point of crisis this summer, and we really thought we had lost her, I was literally telling myself she was not going to be with us much longer and getting prepared. It seemed like nothing was working. We finally found a dr who just did not give up, even gave us her private cell number and said to call anytime day or night if we needed to. I did not abuse that trust and only ever called early one morning. It is such a relief that she has found something she really truly loves to do, and is flourishing. It helps that they found a medication that really helped her. I pray your daughter can find something to help her feel better. Have you looked into SAD? oregon is a lot like here, and right now it has been horrible weather! so much rain and dark all the time! we can go up to 2 weeks between sunny breaks! It used to affect me really badly, I have found things to help.

I'm sorry about your sister, Smiley. :hug: Otherwise so many positives! With all of you guys! Love the pics!

Having cancer really does change your perspective about things, I agree wholeheartedly.

thankyou :)

Add me in to the person wanting to see some pics of you and the cats camping for sure! Sounds like fun.

I'm with you on the book club. I'm afraid reading something like that would for sure bring back too many painful memories for me as well, since I just lost my mom and my MIL this year to cancer.

Keep focusing on the positive, sounds like you are and I try to do the same myself. That's not to say it isn't way too easy sometimes to fall into a dark place with a memory or a thought about cancer, but I do my best not to stay there for very long. Nobody is ever promised tomorrow so we need to live each day the best way that we can and I try to remember that.
Absolutely....well said!

Just as an FYI, here are my four kittehs:

View attachment 283592
This is my older girl, who has permanent residency in our master bedroom with us, away from the other cats since she began terrorizing the kitten that we got a year ago.

View attachment 283593
This is me with the 'baby' of the family. She is a sweet girl...doesn't deserve to be terrorized for sure.

View attachment 283594
The kitten and her older brother. This guy, the all black guy, is my mini panther cat. He's a good cat, we adopted him as a 2 year old from our local animal shelter. He's fit well into the family. These two LOVE to play together.

View attachment 283595
This is my million dollar cat...or pretty close. We adopted him from an animal shelter when he was a baby as well. We have since spent a LOT of money on some expensive surgeries to deal with urinary issues he was having and he's had a few mystery illnesses as well, but he's such a good cat that I felt he was worth it and he's still pretty young...I think 5 or 6 now?
So darn precious! I had an issue bringing in another cat, who was actually her own baby...but seven years later. It took almost a year to get her to stop terrorizing her. I had to supervise 24/7. At night I kept them apart and watched them all day, intervening when there was a threat. It finally worked. It was intense work but not we can all live together in peace. I love my girls....I have 3, will post later...got to work today.

so beautiful!!! I agree, no need to go to those places all the time. I lost my second sister to cancer just a couple of weeks ago, I do enough crying as it is. My sister was so concerned about her cat while she was in hospital, I am sad she did not get a chance to say goodbye to him.
So sorry, so sad...sometimes life just seems a bit unbearable at times.

It sure does....and thank you for the warm wishes!

I'm sure you must be very worried....I certainly would be. I can't believe it's taking so long, not acceptable! And with the Holidays coming I'm sure you want some answers.

Life slogs on!! good news.... my latest scan and bloodwork were all clear! bad news.... we hired a fellow to replace our gas fireplace, and he has taken our $1200 down payment and run. I am so angry at myself for being so stupid!! I decided to post about it on my facebook page, and it has gone viral in our community. This fellow has stolen from many many people, for everything from taking money for work that does not get done, to buying things from people on good faith payments that never happen. He has been doing this for at least 3 years and no one has ever said anything! I have been bombarded with private messages, stories from other people and their losses, one couple, and old retired couple have lost $3000 to him :( there is now a process server on my posting looking for information because he has papers to serve him. I have to head to the courthouse today to start our own small claims but I know we will never get that money back.
More good news though! We are going to Disneyland!! the whole week before Christmas! our sons widow, is taking our grand daughters there (with her new husband and his children too) and invited us to go along. It's a stretch for us because of the expense we have gone through with the gas fireplace, that was $5000 with the new tile and everything, and then the $1200 we had stolen. But we are going anyway, got a good deal on a package, and the thought of being in Disneyland with all 4 of our dear sons little girls is too good to be true! He loved Disneyland as much as I do and got to at least take his girls there before he died. But it kills me that he is not here to share it all with us now. Walking into Disneyland the first time every trip, makes us cry. And then I ride space mountain with all the energy I can just for him!
So I am very busy! trying to get everything done for christmas early, we get home ON Christmas eve!! no time to shop then! For me it's as if Christmas is in 2 weeks and 3 days! our daughter will do the shop for all the fresh food while we are gone. I hope everyone has a good christmas, I do not think I will have time to visit here until after then!
GAGWTA

Smiley, sorry to hear you fell victim to a scan, but so happy to hear the good news on your scan and bloodwork!

smiley - so sorry to hear about your sister. Sending you my prayers and deepest sympathy:hug:
I hope you have a wonderful time in Disneyland with your grand daughters. Sorry about the contractor issues too. Your dd sounds like she is really enjoying learning, happy for her.

Diana - sorry to hear your dh had to have surgery too. Hope he heals and recovers well. Also wishing your dd all the best. She is blessed to have a mom who cares so much

Peg - hope the real estate class is going well. I am sure there is a big market down there.

Thistle Mae - your library job sounds like a dream job!! I love reading, but I mostly read christian books and cozy mysteries. I always do reviews on Goodreads and do the yearly challenge, so far I am 2 books short of my goal of 40 books this year so I only have 2 to go, so I am sure I will make it. I am not a fast reader.

kittylady - hope you have a great time in disney

Right now I have an infection in 2 of my teeth. Went to dh endodontist because I need two root canals. He is going to Fl this week and we are going next, so I dont think this will be done until the new year. I am taking an antibiotic and will bring tylenol, aleve and tooth gel with me.

I am making a special announcement post.....

The special announcement.......party::jumping1::daisy::flower::flower::):):flower1::flower1::daisy::daisy:
Not enough smilies for this lol
Yesterday ds2 got engaged!!! He proposed at the fountain at Lincoln Center in New York City. He hired a professional photographer and he shared some pictures, so pretty. They also have a picture in front of Radio City Music Hall with the sign and tree in the background. The ring is pretty and ds said it cost less than a car lol.

They are talking about a fall wedding. They like the beach and gardens, so they will see what is available. They want a small wedding party, just the two ds and his future brother in law, her 2 sisters and a friend.

So it will be busy around here next year for sure. I really cant do much. Her one sister is sick with diabetes and her parents are 10 years older than dh and I. I dont think her mom is all that well either.

Her name is the same as my grandmas and my sisters middle name. She also has hashimotos so we can share our thyroid stuff together lol.

I knew for a few weeks but he asked us not to say anything to even his brothers.

Happy for them beyond words.

The special announcement.......party::jumping1::daisy::flower::flower::):):flower1::flower1::daisy::daisy:
Yesterday ds2 got engaged!!! He proposed at the fountain at Lincoln Center in New York City. He hired a professional photographer and he shared some pictures, so pretty. They also have a picture in front of Radio City Music Hall with the sign and tree in the background. The ring is pretty and ds said it cost less than a car lol.

They are talking about a fall wedding. They like the beach and gardens, so they will see what is available. They want a small wedding party, just the two ds and his future brother in law, her 2 sisters and a friend.

So it will be busy around here next year for sure. I really cant do much. Her one sister is sick with diabetes and her parents are 10 years older than dh and I. I dont think her mom is all that well either.

Her name is the same as my grandmas and my sisters middle name. She also has hashimotos so we can share our thyroid stuff together lol.

I knew for a few weeks but he asked us not to say anything to even his brothers.

So exciting!! Any chance of a Disney World wedding?! The engagement sounds magical!! Any chance of sharing a picture with us?

Life slogs on!! good news.... my latest scan and bloodwork were all clear! bad news.... we hired a fellow to replace our gas fireplace, and he has taken our $1200 down payment and run. I am so angry at myself for being so stupid!! I decided to post about it on my facebook page, and it has gone viral in our community. This fellow has stolen from many many people, for everything from taking money for work that does not get done, to buying things from people on good faith payments that never happen. He has been doing this for at least 3 years and no one has ever said anything! I have been bombarded with private messages, stories from other people and their losses, one couple, and old retired couple have lost $3000 to him :( there is now a process server on my posting looking for information because he has papers to serve him. I have to head to the courthouse today to start our own small claims but I know we will never get that money back.
More good news though! We are going to Disneyland!! the whole week before Christmas! our sons widow, is taking our grand daughters there (with her new husband and his children too) and invited us to go along. It's a stretch for us because of the expense we have gone through with the gas fireplace, that was $5000 with the new tile and everything, and then the $1200 we had stolen. But we are going anyway, got a good deal on a package, and the thought of being in Disneyland with all 4 of our dear sons little girls is too good to be true! He loved Disneyland as much as I do and got to at least take his girls there before he died. But it kills me that he is not here to share it all with us now. Walking into Disneyland the first time every trip, makes us cry. And then I ride space mountain with all the energy I can just for him!
So I am very busy! trying to get everything done for christmas early, we get home ON Christmas eve!! no time to shop then! For me it's as if Christmas is in 2 weeks and 3 days! our daughter will do the shop for all the fresh food while we are gone. I hope everyone has a good christmas, I do not think I will have time to visit here until after then!
GAGWTA
Awe...so sorry...this just teared me up. I can't imagine losing a son...worst than any diagnosis you could get. But glad you found some joy in the memories. Life does go on but I can't imagine how hard it must be at times. Have a wonderful trip!

So exciting!! Any chance of a Disney World wedding?! The engagement sounds magical!! Any chance of sharing a picture with us?

Exciting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter