DIS Circle Journal III - Changes in Mailing Order :+)

GrayFal

I am REALLY over-vacationed this year ... well, EV
I had SOOO much fun doing my first CJ that I am interested in starting another one. Any Disney theme will do!
I was thinking of having this set up to mail out on the 15th of September and each month after that....this gives me a little time between CJs!

Here is an explaination stolen from someone here!

"This is the OP's explanation from 2Peas:

You could pick your own theme (favorite ride, favorite character, most memorable Disney experience, favorite place to stay, etc)....

Here are some 'rules':

Each of us will buy a book that we want our CJ in (6x6, 8x8, 6 1/2 X 10 or 5x7 are preferred for easier mailing). You will come up with a Disney theme for your book--it is TOTALLY up to you but be creative! You will create the first page with an introduction as well as some sort of sign-in for your book. Some people do a page where everyone can sign in with information about themselves; I've seen other variations. Do whatever you want. You will then send your journal to the next person on the list, who will do a page according to your theme. Each month you will receive a journal to add an entry to, and at the end of a year you will receive your book back, full of the experiences and wisdom of the people in our CJ group.

This is a YEAR LONG commitment, please do not sign up if you are not going to be able to make that commitment. You are committing to completing a page and sending it out by a specific deadline each month. You will be responsible for postage each month. If these are not commitments you are able to make, PLEASE do not sign up for this circle journal group! We are trusting you with little bits of ourselves!

My thought is to send out our journals around September 15th and then send them on the 15th of each month after that. This is a random date and if you guys don't think it's enough time to get yours all ready just let me know"

I decorated my front and back covers - in and out and did an intro page, "logo" page, instruction page and 4 pages for 12 tag sign-ins plus my own 2 page spread....so u can see I went a little crazy :crazy:

This is why I would like to do another CJ...the most work is doing your own book initially; then it is just 2 pages per month......
So do we have 12 people? or even 16 as the Cansan Book I used has 40 pages?
Here is a link to my first CJ - :wizard: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/album_display.asp?album_id=37451

So .......
1. GrayFal :boat: Favorite Disney Event/Celebration - either a Disney Celebration such as Christmas, New Years, etc. or your own celebration - birthday, wedding, graduation, schools out for summer trip!WDW, DL, DCL ....
2. ljb9539 :wizard: Favorite Character
3. MomOf2DisneyKids :earsboy: :earsgirl: Mickey-Mania!! anything involving the BIG Guy!
4. jennyL :wave2: Hidden Mickeys
5. New England Eeyore :sunny: "Why I love Disney."
6. ReAnSt - :rolleyes1 Disney Wishes - If the Genie were to grant you wishes and you could do anything relating to Disney what would you do. This can be related to any park or anything else having to do with Disney. You can wish for one thing or multiple things
7. RoRoLovesEeeee Favorite Character Experince
8. RealMickeysGirl ::MickeyMo Favorite Place in the Park
9. KatDisney :cat: "Letters to Walt" .. write Walt a 'Wish you were here' letter or postcard, telling him about your most recent trip, the highlights, Or just a thank you.
10. bigsis1970 :cheer2: Favorite Ride - Past & Present(any park)
11. DLCharmedOne :sunny: If I Could Live in a Disney Park... Where would you sleep? In the park itself or at one of the resorts -? Where would you want breakfast, lunch, & dinner? Money is no object here - just tell me how you would make a home of your favorite park.
12. Madi100 :flower: Disney Tradition - something that your family has to do everytime they visit the World. It can be something in the parks or outside the parks. Eating at a favorite restaurant, always riding a ride first, certain pictures, etc.
13. Tink&Belle's Mom :cloud9: "What Disney Character are You Most Like and Why?"
14. patchchild :3dglasses The Little Things. What small touches have caught your attention so that you just had to take a picture (or two, or three)? All those special little touches that add up to make Disney the most magical place of all...
15. Ohana 4 :grouphug: A Disney Exclusive--A photo you managed to capture of something in Disney that nobody else, or not many has.

ALL the Themes are Listed above and will be copied to the yahoo group...... :grouphug:

I'm in! (and I'm so excited!) I always wanted to do one of these!!
(does it matter that I haven't been posting on this board that long? Does everyone already "know" each other already??) Thanks!

I would love to join in. I mostly post on the Community Board (I am a sucker for the exchanges LOL )but I pop in over here and lurk alot. Just let me know what other information that you will be needing.

Thanks for organizing this one!!

quick question...I was just looking at some info from previous CJ's, and it seems like they tried to keep it just to DIS members :disrocks: ...this would be my personal preference, but what do you think? :wave:

I would like to join! I read all about the other ones and it sounds like a lot of fun. I'm also pretty new to these boards so I don't "know" anyone either.

I've never done one of these before and although I've been scrapbooking for 5 years, my technique isn't nearly as 'fancy' as some of the samples I've seen on this forum. So many of you are so talented! So, I hope that's okay.

I am definitely interested in participating. However I need to completly think it through before I decide to commit. If possible please add my name and I will decide for sure by Saturday. I don't want to just jump in and than realize I have gotten myself in over my head.

Each time one of these has started I think it sounds really neat but always decide that I won't do it, because I am afraid of the whole year long thing. Or decide I would like to but it is too late, since I fooled around deciding that is why I am trying this method this time. If I commit I will make sure I do it. Just got to think it through. Sorry that you all had to listen to my random ramblings.

Becky

MomOf2DisneyKids said:
(does it matter that I haven't been posting on this board that long? Does everyone already "know" each other already??) Thanks!
No, we don't know each other but we will by the end of the year!!!
ljb9539 said:
I am so excited... I will come think of my theme this weekend! YEAH!
Yup!
jennyL said:
Just let me know what other information that you will be needing.
Thanks for organizing this one!!
I will be on my home computer next Tuesday so will set up a Yahoo Group - until then ....just start thinking :rolleyes: of your theme.
New England Eeyore said:
I've never done one of these before and although I've been scrapbooking for 5 years, my technique isn't nearly as 'fancy' as some of the samples I've seen on this forum. So many of you are so talented! So, I hope that's okay.
There are all different types of scrappers.....and by seeing all the journals - you get to see different styles and tecniques...very cool :cool1:
ReAnSt said:
I am definitely interested in participating. However I need to completly think it through before I decide to commit. If possible please add my name and I will decide for sure by Saturday. I don't want to just jump in and than realize I have gotten myself in over my head.

Each time one of these has started I think it sounds really neat but always decide that I won't do it, because I am afraid of the whole year long thing. Or decide I would like to but it is too late, since I fooled around deciding that is why I am trying this method this time. If I commit I will make sure I do it. Just got to think it through. Sorry that you all had to listen to my random ramblings.

Becky
LOL,,,I hear ya!
I felt the same way when I committed to the first one but it is your own book that takes the most time....you want it just 'so'! But then the monthly layouts are quick and FUN!

I will check back in this evening.....TTFN :wave: :wave2: :rolleyes1

ReAnSt said:
I am afraid of the whole year long thing
Becky

speaking as someone already in two cj's - i can tell you what grafal says is true! it is the starting of your own that takes the longest! there are several factors that make the year long commitment slightly easier. . .

you have a running database showing

-- what themes everyone has chosen
-- the order in which you will get the cj
-- the size of the cj
-- (normally) any restrictions (such not too bulky or whatever goes)

this way you can get dupes of your pictures in advance and really start planning what you are going to do - when you get each book it can go by quickly!!

it has been a ton of fun already - and it is quite exciting each time you get a new book in the mail - even if you have already seen it posted on 2peas - it looks much different in person!

I am interested in participating. I have never done one of these before either. Grayfal, I love yours on 2peas. Where did you get your book. I think that look is perfect. Also what other types of books do poeple use? My DH is going to kill me for this but I just can't resist.

I have decided on a theme... I know you don't need it now... but I keep tossing and turing - so if I type it here - I will be done and I can't change my mind again... Favoriter character... simple and easy... :earboy2:

Can't wait to "meet" each of you...

I would like to do this. I would like my theme to be "Favorite place in the park." I visualize it as each person telling me a little about themselves and having a photo or two of their favorite place in one of the parks (could be a ride, could be a restaurant, could be a favorite bench to watch people from) at WDW (Or DL if you haven't ever been to WDW).So - add me to your list - if it hasn't filled up yet. I can pm you with all my info if you want.

I'll think about it...I just have to ask my mom. Is there like an age limit? lol I'm only 14. I also just started scrapbooking a month ago, so mine aren't good compared to yalls. :P Like I said, I gotta ask my ma, but I am really interested.

Count me in if there is still room and I may need a little guidenace as I am also new to all of this but I would love to join in!!

What kind of book do we get to start it with>>

If you go to Two peas website --- twopeasinabucket.com
go to search and type in circle journal - you will see different examples...

I think I am going to use a small wire bound book - small --- but not too small --- I was thinking like a 6x6 - but I am shopping this weekend for mine...

I am so glad more people are interested - YEAH!!!

Hey ladies ---

Made this for our circle journal ...
70095circle_journal51.jpg

I will upload a smaller one later tonight too so you can add to your signature...

hope you all like :flower:

Laura

Question as I look at that again - Should is Say Oct - Sept or Oct to Oct?

I can fix it either way :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter