DIS Cruise... trouble grasping the obvious?

wilde_oscar

DIS Veteran
OK, I am looking at the pricing, and I admit I am not very bright... but the price for 2 people... is that per person? or is that for both people?

so if I am doing my math right, this is a really good deal!?!
Exactly! So you are joining us?
One note though - at one point, you mentioned going solo and unfortunately, the price isn't just split in half for 1 person. I think Tracey quoted just under $1100 for a solo traveler. If you request a quote, fill out the form for two and then on the next page you can change it to one. :goodvibes

I am thinking if I have a year to prepare I can swing it. So you are saying a single rider in a cabin it would be even less?

Ok when I get home I am mashing buttons to go. My OCD is so bad I am checking posts on my phone!

Where are the prices listed?

I am thinking if I have a year to prepare I can swing it. So you are saying a single rider in a cabin it would be even less?

Ok when I get home I am mashing buttons to go. My OCD is so bad I am checking posts on my phone!
No, it won't be less than the half. Let's say the price for 2 people in one cabin is $1300 then it's $650 per person. But for one person it will most likely be close to $1000

I can confirm the solo price for the cruise. I am traveling solo and booked a Cat 12 room but I couldn't resist. It sounds like soo much fun and I was unable to be at the DIS meets this past Dec. I figured this was a good time to take my 1st cruise - (at least that was my excuse :) )

The cruise is going to be so much fun...:banana:

Here's part of the email Tracey from Dreams sent me - I have a friend who is going solo as well in her own stateroom so I was asking on her behalf. Of course, as the cruise gets closer and more rooms are booked, the price goes up. If you can, lock in now!

Select two people for the first page (it has changed since you put in the request) and then fill in the correct number on the second page. The price will be a bit less for one person in a cabin. Just to give you an idea, I quoted one adult in a category 11 yesterday and the price would be $1068.98 with no insurance or transfers (each $69 more).

HTH! :thumbsup2

We hope you can join us!

ok, so I got the quote back and am going to lock it in with a deposit... the quote was the same as the above poster said $1069... now if someone else ends up going with me, will the reservation change in such a way that I only end up having to pay the $300 difference between a single in a cabin and a double in a cabin? And what if I wanna add a land package... are their discounts for the Land Packages? Sorry if this is not the right place for the questions... but I am clueless when it comes to the whole cruise thing.

Dreams unlimited. Cruise only
2 adults 2 children 6 and 2- Cat 11 $2227.92

Disneycuise.com cruise only
2 adults 2 children 6 and 2 Cat 11 $2306.92

This post is not meant to encourage or discourage anyone from going on the cruise or for using 1 site or the other. I just wanted to give an example of the savings for the trip for this Cat. The lower Cats may or may not save much more money. Good Luck and I hope the cruise goes well!!!

Just a reminder - only guests booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel will be eligible for the DIS Unplugged parties, giveaways and special events.

Dreams Unlimited is the sponsor of the event.

We hope lots of folks join us on this historic cruise - you will actually get a chance to cruise with Pete Werner :cool1:

John

ok, so I got the quote back and am going to lock it in with a deposit... the quote was the same as the above poster said $1069... now if someone else ends up going with me, will the reservation change in such a way that I only end up having to pay the $300 difference between a single in a cabin and a double in a cabin? And what if I wanna add a land package... are their discounts for the Land Packages? Sorry if this is not the right place for the questions... but I am clueless when it comes to the whole cruise thing.
I know I should wait for your questions to be answered by Tracy or Kevin but I'll go ahead and put my nose where it doesn't belong :) If you add a person and there is occupancy on the ship (meaning not sailing at maximum occupancy) then the price (I think) goes to the double occupancy rate listed. As for the land packages, I think it was Pete who said they were working on some add-ons but we had to be patient :eek: I'm no good at patient so you're in good company. And before Kevin asks, YES, I do realize the cruise is more than a year away :rotfl2: but like Kim and aGoofyMom, I also suffer from OCDPD!

And before Kevin asks, YES, I do realize the cruise is more than a year away :rotfl2: but like Kim and aGoofyMom, I also suffer from OCDPD!

I think a group therapy session is in order...it looks like I might have some time available 5/10/09. How's that date work for the rest of you OCDPD'ers? :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter