DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Lisa - I hope the job works out and he enjoys it. Job searching is the worst!

Thanks! And yes, it truly sucks. LOL He had a phone "interview" today with someone who found his resume on LinkdIn. It would be a PERFECT fit. It's right in his specialty niche. So we now have 3 companies all looking to hire around the 1st of May. Anyone want to take bets he'll get more than one offer and have to choose? LOL

Thanks! And yes, it truly sucks. LOL He had a phone "interview" today with someone who found his resume on LinkdIn. It would be a PERFECT fit. It's right in his specialty niche. So we now have 3 companies all looking to hire around the 1st of May. Anyone want to take bets he'll get more than one offer and have to choose? LOL

Sounds like a bidding war to me!!!! :thumbsup2

I agree with Linda - sounds like a bidding war!! :cool1:

That would be awesome - then he could choose which one he would enjoy the most! I love it when good people get treated the way they deserve in the hiring process.

Best of Luck!!:goodvibes

I'm so glad it's Friday...I have things to do! LOL Going out tonight, working at the bar. Tonight is a regular's birthday party so she's asked people to dress up in black and white, I'm wearing a black dress and I'm going to have my hair "did" by my stylist. She makes me feel beautiful. lol I'll probably do some work tomorrow and Sunday, I like working from home, it's very convenient. lol
I'm going to finish my exchange shopping this weekend so I can get it boxed up and ready to go! :)

Wow, people must be busy. I came back and the thread didn't explode into another 15 pages.

Going to DLR this weekend. I'm even paying the blockout price on Saturday :eek: It's the last time I will be going with my sister and BIL as they are moving next week to Kentucky as that is where my BIL is stationed with the army. I still can't wrap my head around that. It will be so weird to not see my sister every day (currently living with us) or even a few times a week (when they had an apt).

I plan on visiting them sometime this fall; might even be a roadtrip.

Yeah - it is weird to come to the thread and actually be able to catch up! Think most of the posting is on FB now. Hope you have fun at DL!

Lisa - here's hoping that he does get multiple offers and can choose! Always nice to be in the driver's seat!

Home from visiting my DH's parents in Delaware. They moved into an Active Living Community and sold their house of 52 years! Unfortunately they were pack rats and it was a tremendous undertaking to clean it out. My MIL has been ready to move for years and really does not miss the house but my FIL.... it was really hard on him.:sad2: It was great that all three kids and spouses were able to be there and we did a final toast to the house! But man... really tough! Complicated by the fact the FIL (who is 88) has always been extraordinarily healthy - still riding multi day bike rides when he was in his early 80's. But now has mild dementia - is taking meds to help slow it down but can really see the change in the last year. Breaks my heart :worried:

We had our school district's annual scholarship luncheon yesterday (I am on the board for the Foundation that raises the money and chooses the recipients). It was so wonderful to see the 60+ seniors that are receiving the various scholarships for college. We have an amazing student population. Our senior class as a whole did over 18,000 community service ours (we have about 950 seniors)!! The scholarship I awarded was for GPA and community involvement and I was so lucky to be able to give it to one of my favorite seniors! She was really surprised and teared up (me too!). They have so much ahead of them!

Hope everyone has a great weekend - just trying to stay cool here as the temp is rising!

Just a quick hi as the kids take some toes up time before the second half of day one of our family fun weekend begins. So far we have gone to a Senior Pancake feed, flown kites, painted pottery, and had hot dog kabobs...it's been a good day so far! I hope you are all enjoying the day as well!

Later,

Just a quick hi as the kids take some toes up time before the second half of day one of our family fun weekend begins. So far we have gone to a Senior Pancake feed, flown kites, painted pottery, and had hot dog kabobs...it's been a good day so far! I hope you are all enjoying the day as well!

Later,

Wow!!! Sounds like lots of fun but this old lady got tired just thinking about doing all that!!!! :rotfl2:

I hope eveveryone had a great weekend ! I had to work Saturday but wasn't too bad..my manager is out of the office this week so hoping things go smoothly for everyone.

On a total random note of you never know what can happen :

I got a text today asking what I am doing one June morning..I said I had no idea..turns out it was for a Club 33 invite..that I very regrettably had to decline..:sad:

Apparently a friend of mine in SoCal got a hookup and one of our friends can't make it so I was invited..unfortunately being 6 hours away still makes it hard for a spur of the moment thing when we are saving for our Premier Passes for December/next year.

I never imagined ever getting an invite at all..let alone having to decline..:( Oh well there's always next time..right..right..?? LOL.

First world problems at their best as I call it..I hope everyone has a good week :)

Oooooh, spooky in here.... like a ghost town. ;) WTH? I haven't posted here in about 5 days and I come back to find us on the same page?? Come on ladies, did we all go get a life or something? :p

Hopefully you are all doing well. I know it's been super busy here. Lots going on. My son's senior prom is this weekend. I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. It's exciting and sad all at the same time.

You can tell it's almost summer here. Today we are expecting a high of 90! Let the complaining about the heat commence! :teeth:

Speaking of summer, those of you signed up for the Summer Fun exchange, please remember that Wednesday is the mail by date. Let's finish up that shopping, and plan a trip to the post office to get those packages mailed! Thanks!

Cristabel - hope you enjoyed your weekend at Disney!

Sarah - you're family fun weekends sounds great! We used to do those when the kids were younger. Harder to plan when they get to be teens. They want to hang with their friends more than their family. ;)

Lisa - any news on the job front for your husband? Hopefully he's getting offers that he loves and the hardest part will be choosing which wonderful job to take!

Bridget - sorry about your FIL and him being so sad about leaving his house. That's a long time to have lived there. I can see how that would be really rough.

Rose - bummer about turning down the Club 33 invite! Ugh, that must've been hard. Fingers crossed another offer turns up somewhere down the line... hey, you never know, right?? lol

Linda - how are you? How's Jessica? Hope you are both doing well.

Mel - how's the kitchen coming along? Aren't they done yet?? ;)

And everyone else out there reading along, stop in and say hi! Let's breathe some life back into this place. :banana:

I've been Swagbucking!!! :rotfl2:

Jessica and I are doing a whirlwind trip to Seattle this weekend .... we thought about trying for a meet with some Divas but her friend has our time really full. Friday morning we're doing a Pikes Point tour and food .... not sure what all that is about. Friday afternoon it's the Duck Tour????? :confused3 And who knows what they have planned for Sat & Sun?????

Other than that not too much going on here.

Hope everyone is busy with lots of fun stuff!!! :)

Oooooh, spooky in here.... like a ghost town. ;) WTH? I haven't posted here in about 5 days and I come back to find us on the same page?? Come on ladies, did we all go get a life or something? :p

Hopefully you are all doing well. I know it's been super busy here. Lots going on. My son's senior prom is this weekend. I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. It's exciting and sad all at the same time.

You can tell it's almost summer here. Today we are expecting a high of 90! Let the complaining about the heat commence! :teeth:

Speaking of summer, those of you signed up for the Summer Fun exchange, please remember that Wednesday is the mail by date. Let's finish up that shopping, and plan a trip to the post office to get those packages mailed! Thanks!

Rose - bummer about turning down the Club 33 invite! Ugh, that must've been hard. Fingers crossed another offer turns up somewhere down the line... hey, you never know, right?? lol

And everyone else out there reading along, stop in and say hi! Let's breathe some life back into this place. :banana:

Awwww..Senior Prom..I'm glad I never went..:rotfl2: In all seriousness I'm sure its very exciting for you and him too ! Time is seriously flying by way too quickly..I'm watching friends kids grow up and going..wait..when did THIS happen ? It's crazy!

I am NOT a happy camper about this heat wave thing..not one bit..I hate the heat and our 2nd floor apartment has no central air..so we may need to invest in a small portable ac unit if it gets bad this year. On the plus side I am usually at work during the worst of the day from 9am-6pm..so we'll see if fans are enough.

I was super stoked yet super sad about the Club 33 invite. Honestly even if I could have afforded it..I really want to experience it the first time with my DH as cheesy as that sounds. And it's one of those if it happens awesome - if not we still will be perfectly happy with our lives. ::yes::

Regardless it was never nice to be offered on a week where I've felt kind of just blah and lonely.

I did bake a cake for my co workers today - White cake layered with strawberries w/whipped cream frosting and topped with more strawberries..maybe I'm being over sensitive but whenever I bring in things..people rarely touch them..yet if anyone else does it's all NOM NOM..meh..lol.

I've kind of been in a rut lately..I have a very hard time making friends..and the ones I tend to make never stick around so I get gun shy I suppose and now I come here and rant about it..:surfweb:

Annnyway..onto better things ! We won a Reno trip at our Crabfeed in February so are planning that for our anniversary in August 19-21st at the Peppermill Resort and we'll do a day trip to Tahoe since thats where we were married. I have a special something planned for the DH and since he reads the boards I can't go into it yet !

We also decided we are splurging on our December trip and will be booking the DL Hotel so I have been reading up on all that info too for our 3 night stay.

I also decided on Port Orleans Riverside for our 10 night stay in WDW next March/April now just waiting to book !

I'm totally :offtopic: but thats my boring life ;)

I have been kind of following along but haven't posted here since forever so I will give an update.

About a month ago my daughter Lisa (some of you know her) and her husband and 3-year-old son moved in with us so it has been busy! We are all working now so I take my grandson to daycare Mon-Thurs and his dad picks him up. Working out great so far and I love seeing them every day.

I started a new job today as business office manager for a retirement community with over 250 apartments; three floors of assisted living and the rest are independent. The staff are great and I think I am going to love it there.

My husband and I are putting together a marriage enrichment cruise from Seattle to Alaska in May 2014. It is great for us to have something to work on together that uses both of our skills, mine as a travel agent and his as a psychologist. We are having fun planning the program and the marketing.

Lisa and I are going to a scrapbooking retreat a week from Friday and really looking forward to getting away for a couple of days. Then the next week Mike and I are going to Vegas and Bryce Canyon for our 25th anniversary. We don't have anything planned yet for Vegas so I think we will just wing it when we get there.

Have a great week everyone!

Jessica and I are doing a whirlwind trip to Seattle this weekend .... we thought about trying for a meet with some Divas but her friend has our time really full. Friday morning we're doing a Pikes Point tour and food .... not sure what all that is about. Friday afternoon it's the Duck Tour????? :confused3 And who knows what they have planned for Sat & Sun?????

Pike Place is an awesome outdoor market, it's just amazing. The "Very" French Bakery smells like heaven when you walk by, and Cafe Campagne is a lovely little place for wine and appetizers. Make sure they show you the gum wall, it's really gross, but funny.

When you take the Duck Tour you'll pass right by my office, if you go by between 3 and 3:15ish I'll be out on my afternoon break. I've been wanting to take a Duck Tour forever, but at Christmastime when it's all on land, they do a Christmas lights tour.

:wave2:
It's rare for me to post on the Dis, facebook is just too easy in comparison. But since I am a Dis Diva, I better actually do some posts on the Dis. :thumbsup2

Anxiously waiting for "Sprinter" to be done. What is Sprinter you ask? It's winter and spring at the same time. Easier to type out then "the year of the never ending snow and cold with a few days of warm". :cold:

And this week we will have more than one season, winter for today (snowing.. again), Wednesday spring (rain and maybe some snow) , Saturday 70's and sunny -- oh look it's Summer! :beach:

Before the rain that became snow today, we enjoyed the sunshine (for about 20 minutes) before the storm clouds rolled in and it got coooooold. Took the bus and then walked a couple blocks to the postal station to mail off the gift exchange box (wind at our back). Then walked (wind in our face) back over to the shopping area to do a bunch of errands. Shivered in the cold, wind and now gloomy dark (at 1:30 pm) for the bus that was 10 minutes late. AWESOME! :p

Busy week for us with clinic appointment for hubby, art store and consignment store visit planned (I have a Groupon about to expire for consignment store.. woohoo cheap clothes!), watch my nephews for a little while and a day to wait around for city utilities to do some work in the other building (part of our caretaker duties). And then soak up some sunshine and warm breezes starting on the weekend.. yayyayayayayay!!

:woohoo:

Wow!!! Sounds like lots of fun but this old lady got tired just thinking about doing all that!!!! :rotfl2:

It was a blast...and yesterday when we were in town my baby girl (almost 5) asked to get her ears pierced! I have been waiting for this...she kept telling me she was going to wait until she was 10. So we went and got her ears pierced! :woohoo::banana: She didn't cry at all! I'm so proud of her! And now she keeps saying how we are earing twins!
:lovestruc

I hope eveveryone had a great weekend ! I had to work Saturday but wasn't too bad..my manager is out of the office this week so hoping things go smoothly for everyone.

On a total random note of you never know what can happen :

I got a text today asking what I am doing one June morning..I said I had no idea..turns out it was for a Club 33 invite..that I very regrettably had to decline..:sad:

Apparently a friend of mine in SoCal got a hookup and one of our friends can't make it so I was invited..unfortunately being 6 hours away still makes it hard for a spur of the moment thing when we are saving for our Premier Passes for December/next year.

I never imagined ever getting an invite at all..let alone having to decline..:( Oh well there's always next time..right..right..?? LOL.

First world problems at their best as I call it..I hope everyone has a good week :)

Sad Day! :(

Awwww..Senior Prom..I'm glad I never went..:rotfl2: In all seriousness I'm sure its very exciting for you and him too ! Time is seriously flying by way too quickly..I'm watching friends kids grow up and going..wait..when did THIS happen ? It's crazy!

I am NOT a happy camper about this heat wave thing..not one bit..I hate the heat and our 2nd floor apartment has no central air..so we may need to invest in a small portable ac unit if it gets bad this year. On the plus side I am usually at work during the worst of the day from 9am-6pm..so we'll see if fans are enough.

I was super stoked yet super sad about the Club 33 invite. Honestly even if I could have afforded it..I really want to experience it the first time with my DH as cheesy as that sounds. And it's one of those if it happens awesome - if not we still will be perfectly happy with our lives. ::yes::

Regardless it was never nice to be offered on a week where I've felt kind of just blah and lonely.

I did bake a cake for my co workers today - White cake layered with strawberries w/whipped cream frosting and topped with more strawberries..maybe I'm being over sensitive but whenever I bring in things..people rarely touch them..yet if anyone else does it's all NOM NOM..meh..lol.

I've kind of been in a rut lately..I have a very hard time making friends..and the ones I tend to make never stick around so I get gun shy I suppose and now I come here and rant about it..:surfweb:

Annnyway..onto better things ! We won a Reno trip at our Crabfeed in February so are planning that for our anniversary in August 19-21st at the Peppermill Resort and we'll do a day trip to Tahoe since thats where we were married. I have a special something planned for the DH and since he reads the boards I can't go into it yet !

We also decided we are splurging on our December trip and will be booking the DL Hotel so I have been reading up on all that info too for our 3 night stay.

I also decided on Port Orleans Riverside for our 10 night stay in WDW next March/April now just waiting to book !

I'm totally :offtopic: but thats my boring life ;)

I really wish we were having a heat wave...it would be nice if it would get above 60 but I suppose I just have to be happy it stopped raining!

I have been kind of following along but haven't posted here since forever so I will give an update.

About a month ago my daughter Lisa (some of you know her) and her husband and 3-year-old son moved in with us so it has been busy! We are all working now so I take my grandson to daycare Mon-Thurs and his dad picks him up. Working out great so far and I love seeing them every day.

I started a new job today as business office manager for a retirement community with over 250 apartments; three floors of assisted living and the rest are independent. The staff are great and I think I am going to love it there.

My husband and I are putting together a marriage enrichment cruise from Seattle to Alaska in May 2014. It is great for us to have something to work on together that uses both of our skills, mine as a travel agent and his as a psychologist. We are having fun planning the program and the marketing.

Lisa and I are going to a scrapbooking retreat a week from Friday and really looking forward to getting away for a couple of days. Then the next week Mike and I are going to Vegas and Bryce Canyon for our 25th anniversary. We don't have anything planned yet for Vegas so I think we will just wing it when we get there.

Have a great week everyone!

Exciting stuff! Tell your daughter hi for me! We got to hang out a bit 2 years ago (I think!) and I really enjoyed talking with her!

As for me, busy day but good overall...recovering from the family fun weekend! It was one of the best ever though so that is good!

Have a great day all!

I've been swagbucking, too! :rotfl: It's addicting!!

Your time in Seattle sounds fun! When Ruben and I went in December we took a food tour of Pike Place market. We LOVED it. It was through the Savor Seattle company. Nick was our tour guide and he was awesome. SO glad we did it. And, bonus, we had a Groupon so it was even cheaper for us!

We've also done the Duck tour. It's one of those land and sea tours. We did one in San Diego and the kids loved it. The one we did in WA was at night during Christmas and was more a tour of the lights.

How fun!! My husband and I honeymooned in Tahoe. It will have been 20 years ago this June. Sounds like your going to have a great time!
Oh, and your cake sounded delish! I totally would've had some if you brought that in!

Hey, thanks for checking in! You have been busy! That cruise you're working on sounds interesting.
Have a great time at the scrap book retreat with Lisa. And, of course on your Vegas anniversary trip! :)

When you take the Duck Tour you'll pass right by my office, if you go by between 3 and 3:15ish I'll be out on my afternoon break. I've been wanting to take a Duck Tour forever, but at Christmastime when it's all on land, they do a Christmas lights tour.
That's the one we did!! Kandace and her DH met us there and we all rode it together. Lots of silly fun. :)

Busy week for us with clinic appointment for hubby, art store and consignment store visit planned (I have a Groupon about to expire for consignment store.. woohoo cheap clothes!), watch my nephews for a little while and a day to wait around for city utilities to do some work in the other building (part of our caretaker duties). And then soak up some sunshine and warm breezes starting on the weekend.. yayyayayayayay!!

:woohoo:
Hey Bernice! Sprinter go away!! Sounds like you are overdue for some nice weather. Enjoy the sun once it shows up. And, hope you score some deals on your shopping trip!

It was a blast...and yesterday when we were in town my baby girl (almost 5) asked to get her ears pierced! I have been waiting for this...she kept telling me she was going to wait until she was 10. So we went and got her ears pierced! :woohoo::banana: She didn't cry at all! I'm so proud of her! And now she keeps saying how we are earing twins!
:lovestruc
Aww, how cute.
Lindsey and Hannah had their ears pierced when we were in Michigan. They must've been about 5 or 6 years old, but then one day Lindsey started getting keloids behind her ears! I was totally freaked out and removed her earrings right away. This was like at least a year after she'd had them done, so it was really strange. Anyway, the keloid went away, but ever since then, I haven't been willing to try it again. I took Hannah's out too at the same time, even though she didn't have any issues, just in case. So, now neither of them have piercings. They had all these really cute earrings, too. Sad. :worried:

It's rare for me to post on the Dis, facebook is just too easy in comparison. But since I am a Dis Diva, I better actually do some posts on the Dis. :thumbsup2

I keep forgetting to ask..where can I find this legendary FB group ? :yay:

No I'm not.. And I am set to private on FB so it's hard to search me out. If it's easier to in box me info here I will follow up :)

No I'm not.. And I am set to private on FB so it's hard to search me out. If it's easier to in box me info here I will follow up :)

You can friend me, Stacie Churches Baumgartner, and I'll add you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter