DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Good morning, ladies! Happy Saturday!

Today is Adam's prom. I'm so excited for him. I'm pissed off too though. He and a bunch of friends were all going together and planning to rent a limo. Well, one of the kids in the group said his uncle had a limo business and the uncle was going to arrange the whole thing for the group at a discounted price because he was family. Everything was set and fine until last night when this kid sends out a text saying the limo was canceled. WTH???? :furious: I don't know all the details, but since it's this other kid's family member no one is going to do anything about it. Being family, there was nothing official like a contract or anything.

So, this poor group of kids, including my son and his girlfriend are now stuck with no limo. I'm not sure what they are going to do now, but I feel so bad for him. Ruben and I totally would've rented one ourselves, but this other kid swore it was all taken care of, and had everyone all excited. :rolleyes2

Not that a limo is essential to having a good time, but come on. That sucks. Hopefully everything works out and they still are able to have a good time. (sigh) :(
Anyway, just had to vent for a bit!

Have a great weekend, everyone! TTYL! :)

Good morning, ladies! Happy Saturday!

Today is Adam's prom. I'm so excited for him. I'm pissed off to though. He and a bunch of friends were all going together and planning to rent a limo. Well, one of the kids in the group said his uncle had a limo business and the uncle was going to arrange the whole thing for the group at a discounted price because he was family. Everything was set and fine until last night when this kid sends out a text saying the limo was canceled. WTH???? :furious: I don't know all the details, but since it's this other kid's family member no one is going to do anything about it. Being family, there was nothing official like a contract or anything.

So, this poor group of kids, including my son and his girlfriend are now stuck with no limo. I'm not sure what they are going to do now, but I feel so bad for him. Ruben and I totally would've rented one ourselves, but this other kid swore it was all taken care of, and had everyone all excited. :rolleyes2

Not that a limo is essential to having a good time, but come on. That sucks. Hopefully everything works out and they still are able to have a good time. (sigh) :(
Anyway, just had to vent for a bit!

Have a great weekend, everyone! TTYL! :)

*HUGS* That is so exciting about the prom but such a bummer about the limo..that makes me sad..I know he will have an awesome time but it's always awkward when something that was supposed to be taken care of falls through.
:grouphug:

I completely understand the venting..as I am about to vent myself..lol.

So I found out I now get migraines..and now understand other's pain from them...:faint:

I wanted to die on Monday - Thurs. it was so bad..doctor confirmed it..and it seems eyeglasses/stress related. But I have meds if I need them..so we'll see.
And my DH made an appointment for my eye exam on Thursday..so I should have new glasses soon.

I'm really happy to be on the FB group thanks everyone for the warm welcome :thumbsup2

I admit I am ready for another vacation..work has been..interesting lately.

I'm enjoying the fact there are a whopping 4 of us here today instead of the normal 2..and so far it's been slow..which is a-ok with me.

So yeah if any NorCal people ever wanna do a meet or something that would be awesome..I realize I need friends in the area as I have a total of zero..lol.
I think I need to get back into a hobby..like cross stitch or something crafty.

I hope everyone is well <3

Is anyone planning to attend the 24 hours of Disney on May 24th? My friend and I are planning to come down after work and stay all night!

I hope Disney learned a thing or two from last time because I heard it was a nightmare!

:sad2: Yes, Feb 29th was crazy. Having said that, I would TOTALLY be going on May 24th if I didn't already have other plans.:lmao: I hope you have fun.:cheer2:

Considering it's also a Grad Nite I'm rather terrified of it TBH!

Hi Jessica! Do you have to work that night?

Well I'm checking in for my weekly visit. :rolleyes2

Hi Mel!

I've been Swagbucking!!! :rotfl2:

Jessica and I are doing a whirlwind trip to Seattle this weekend .... we thought about trying for a meet with some Divas but her friend has our time really full. Friday morning we're doing a Pikes Point tour and food .... not sure what all that is about. Friday afternoon it's the Duck Tour????? :confused3 And who knows what they have planned for Sat & Sun?????

Other than that not too much going on here.

Hope everyone is busy with lots of fun stuff!!! :)

Um - what is Swagbucks?

I had a great time in DC, but I'm glad to be home. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Wow! This looks like so much fun! I've actually been following disboards for years, but just recently started up my profile and posting.

Going with my DH and 2 kids (DD 5, DS almost 2) in 6 MORE DAYS to visit the mouse in DL- so excited!!

Would be VERY interested in hearing more about the next Divas Trip in 2014. I've never really taken a solo vacay away from hubby or the kids, and heck I'm 30, so maybe it's about time?

I'm from Alberta. Is anyone else here from there? Noticing a lot of CA addy's ;)

mamaseidl said:
Wow! This looks like so much fun! I've actually been following disboards for years, but just recently started up my profile and posting.

Going with my DH and 2 kids (DD 5, DS almost 2) in 6 MORE DAYS to visit the mouse in DL- so excited!!

Would be VERY interested in hearing more about the next Divas Trip in 2014. I've never really taken a solo vacay away from hubby or the kids, and heck I'm 30, so maybe it's about time?

I'm from Alberta. Is anyone else here from there? Noticing a lot of CA addy's ;)

Hi and welcome! There are quite a few Canadians here! Trip info starts back at the beginning of the thread.... happy reading!!!

Hey ladies! Poppin in for a quick hello :) I'm melting today, it's so hot! I was going to go to the gym, but it is in a warehouse with fans and no cooler so I'm thinking that heat is probably no good for me and baby. Even with the fans going, it still stays around 90 degrees on days like today.

I hope you all stay cool!

Um - what is Swagbucks?

Swag Bucks is a site that pays you in "swag bucks" for searches, coupon printing, polls, surveys, shopping through their link, special codes and special offers.
You then use the swag bucks to redeem for gift cards, the lowest being Amazon $5 gift card for 450 swag bucks.
Some of the ladies are saving for $100 Southwest gift card to use towards the diva trip air fare.
We have a facebook group just for the divas who are doing swagbucks, to share codes and tips on earning opportunities.
It can be very addicting to meet the goal each day and try to earn as much as you can. ::yes:: Some of the divas are really really good at racking up the bucks, I try to get my goal but it doesn't always happen. I cash out for $5 Amazon at least twice a month. This month I cashed out 4 times ($20 to use on Amazon - I buy my pricey cat food each month for free, cheap jewelry and other deals) thanks to surveys.

Jessica and I are back from our long weekend in Seattle ... what a wonderful city!!! So beautiful .... so green, clean and oh the water surrounding it!!! Jessica had been a couple of other times but this was my first trip ... need I say I fell in love with the Pacific North West!!! Jessica is actually thinking about moving up there after she gets her MSW in Aug which was one of the reasons for the trip.

Hello, ladies!! :wave:

*HUGS* That is so exciting about the prom but such a bummer about the limo..that makes me sad..I know he will have an awesome time but it's always awkward when something that was supposed to be taken care of falls through.
Thanks, Rose. They were bummed and I was totally PO'ed but in the end, it all worked out and they still had a great time.
Sorry to hear about your migraines. Hope the new glasses help!

I had a great time in DC, but I'm glad to be home. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Welcome back, Cindy! :)

Hi, there!

DisneyPrincesses_zpsf702180c.jpg

We'd love to have you join us. Traveling with a group of women is so different than going with your family. It's a lot of fun, in a totally new way. I hope you decide to join the fun. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM. Oh, and have a great time on your upcoming trip!!

Hey ladies! Poppin in for a quick hello :) I'm melting today, it's so hot! I was going to go to the gym, but it is in a warehouse with fans and no cooler so I'm thinking that heat is probably no good for me and baby. Even with the fans going, it still stays around 90 degrees on days like today.

I hope you all stay cool!
Tell me about it. It's supposed to be around 83 normally this time of year here, but today was almost 100! Stay cool, Jen! No heat for you and that baby. :)

It can be very addicting to meet the goal each day and try to earn as much as you can. ::yes::
You are not kidding, Bernice! :rotfl: One more day and I will have made goal every day this month.

Jessica and I are back from our long weekend in Seattle ... what a wonderful city!!! So beautiful .... so green, clean and oh the water surrounding it!!! Jessica had been a couple of other times but this was my first trip ... need I say I fell in love with the Pacific North West!!! Jessica is actually thinking about moving up there after she gets her MSW in Aug which was one of the reasons for the trip.

:yay: Welcome back, Linda! So glad you had a nice time. OMG, I totally fell in love with the PNW, too! Especially the Olympic Peninsula. Ahhhh, heaven on earth! Can't wait to hear more about the trip.

Hello everyone! I spend way too much time on facebook keeping up with you all. Planning my next trip to the parks on May 19th.
Is everyone enjoying the warm weather? We were in the low 90's over the weekend but its cooling off today to 87. I'm loving it !

Just a quick HEY to all my Diva Friends. :) Now that I'm working from home I feel I have less time than I did when I went to the warehouse to work.....LOL Life is just busy here, work, kids, everything. But it's good. :)
I'm working on planning a trip to DL with one of my best friends, just the 2 of us, we are excited!

I can't believe there's already 60 pages of posts on this thread. We are a verbal group, aren't we :rotfl:

I will definitely be going again in 2014. I just have to decide whether to stay there this year or go back and forth like this year.

Loved seeing so many of you in person.

Hi! I'm Krystal, and I would LOVE to go. Not sure if I can talk DH into letting me get away for this year's or not, but we'll see... :-)

A little bit about me...I'm 35 and have been married for 8 years this August. We have a DS6 and DD who turns 2 in a week! Yikes! I am in central Illinois so we frequent WDW. I haven't been to Disneyland since I was probably my son's age, but that is where I fell in love with Snow White. :-)

Anyway, GrumpyGrandma suggested I stop by and say hello since I was interested :-) So HI DIS Divas! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi, Krystal! Good to see you here! It would be wonderful if you could join us! I've wanted to to go for a few years and it looks like 2014 will finally be the year for a Diva trip. :cool1: Everyone here is so welcoming - you will feel right at home. :)

Oh my .... I have a '04 PT Cruiser and I only have 30,000 miles on it! :rotfl2:

Never really wanted to own a car other than a Beige Mercedes convertible or a Beige PT Cruiser convertible. :confused3:rotfl:

You need to get out more. :rolleyes1 ;)

I think Linda should work out long term parking at WDW for the PT Cruiser....just sayin'..... :thumbsup2

Happy May, DIVAS!!

Have been meaning to check in, but the days seem to evaporate! No idea what happened to April and it's not like I have a busy life.:confused3

Sooo looking forward to this trip....almost booked air yesterday, but decided to wait in hopes of better flights. Who knew it takes longer to get to So CA from central NC than to Italy??

Hmm...also working on finding a way to make Pink look like Orange...or maybe that should be orange look like pink?? :stir: :rotfl: It is ALL GOOD!!! ::yes::

Have a great rest of the week! :goodvibes

Happy May Day!

I have a question maybe some of you can answer. So groupon has a deal for the HoJos in Fullerton (3 miles from the parks) for $52/night. I'm planning on taking Brydon and that is a great deal. The hotel offers free shuttle to Disneyland and free breakfast. However, on all travel sites it has terrible reviews for being filthy. Do you think this is worth it? Have any of you stayed there? We are going September 30-oct 2, just Brydon, the baby and I. I do have reservations made at Desert Inn across the street for parks for $101/night after fees.

Hello!

I am posting to request prayers/good thoughts...whatever you've got.

I took my puppy dog Maxine to the vet yesterday because I found a growth in her mouth along her jaw line. I really thought it was an infection from her bad teeth but I was wrong. From the preliminary evaluation it is an aggressively growing tumor which is most likely malignant. She had surgery yesterday to have the biopsy so we can figure out exactly what it is and what the treatment options are. The results will hopefully be back Friday.

She is a dog and I understand that but she is incredibly important to me and I will be devastated to lose her.

Thank you so much!

Dawn - big :grouphug: to you and Maxine. I went through 2 bouts of tumor removals with my last golden - both malignant but had not spread.

I will keep you both in my prayers!

pixiedust:

Hello, ladies! Happy Hump Day!

I can't believe there's already 60 pages of posts on this thread. We are a verbal group, aren't we :rotfl:
This is nothing. It's like a ghost town in here. This group used to be much more chatty. And, with the WDW girls only group that I started, we used to put 6-8 PAGES a day on that thread. Of course, that was before Facebook was so popular. lol

Happy May, DIVAS!!
Thanks, Christine! Back at ya! :goodvibes I can now finally say I am going on vacation next month! Yay!

I have a question maybe some of you can answer. So groupon has a deal for the HoJos in Fullerton (3 miles from the parks) for $52/night. I'm planning on taking Brydon and that is a great deal. The hotel offers free shuttle to Disneyland and free breakfast. However, on all travel sites it has terrible reviews for being filthy.
I've never stayed there so I cannot comment on it, but I do religiously read travel reviews, and I post on tripadvisor. If someone complains about something silly like the shower head being too low so they had to bend down a bit, or scratchy toilet paper, then I tend to ignore those types of complaints. But, if it's anything to do with bugs or cleanliness, I pay attention and most likely will book elsewhere. Good luck!

Hello!

I am posting to request prayers/good thoughts...whatever you've got.

I took my puppy dog Maxine to the vet yesterday because I found a growth in her mouth along her jaw line. I really thought it was an infection from her bad teeth but I was wrong. From the preliminary evaluation it is an aggressively growing tumor which is most likely malignant. She had surgery yesterday to have the biopsy so we can figure out exactly what it is and what the treatment options are. The results will hopefully be back Friday.

She is a dog and I understand that but she is incredibly important to me and I will be devastated to lose her.

Thank you so much!
Aw, Dawn, I'm sorry. :( I hope everything will be okay. Prayers for good results. (((hugs)))

:goodvibes HI Mamaseidl!! I'm from Morinville, AB - near Edmonton! welcome, welcome, welcome!!! :) I am going on the Dis Diva trip for my first time too....I've been wanting to join for a few years now, and this year it is just fitting into place like it was meant to be! I really need this trip, I've had a lot of garbage happen since January (my DH was the Alberta Sheriff who was shot in Whitecourt, AB on Feb 26 :( ) Thankfully we still have DH in our lives and he only lost a finger, and not his life.....we are still very much enbroiled in the recovery and rehabilitation from that accident though, and DH hasn't gone back to work, he's temporarily completely disabled and on WCB, he's looking at a long year or more of recovery, and we are still very much up in the air about how this will affect his career, whether or not he'll be able to use his firearm again profficiently or not - that's a BIG question which won't be answered anytime soon......right now we are taking the healing day by day. DH has graciously allowed me to take the week off next FEB to join these lovely GALS on the DIVA trip, and I am so excited!
it would be lovely to have another fellow canuck join us :)

Where are you flying from to get to DL??? Are you flying out of Edmonton with a particular airline? I am looking for my tickets right now for the DIVA trip -- but the prices are a tad high -- looking at about $515 return flying with West Jet next FEB. I have pretty much decided that as much as I'd love to fly into the smaller airport at SNA/Orange County, I can get much better schedule/ and a direct flight if I fly into LAX/ Los Angeles. I hate vancouver transfers, I hate flying (nervous flyer ;) ) and pretty much if I only need to go up and down once, I'm better with that, LOL!

I've found a decent flight to LAX for February departing Edmonton around 10:30 and arriving in LAX around 12:37 pm - Direct with West Jet....so that's a plus! I'm just on the fence as to whether or not to purchase one way at this time (about a $260.00 outlay) and wait to buy return flight later. this would break up that pesky $515 total into a more manageable chunk....
or take my chances and hope for some seat sales more towards the summer.
I haven't quite made up my mind yet.
Have a wonderful time at DL next week!!!
Marie

Dawn - Prayers and many good wishes for your furbaby! I pray that you are given good news!
Marie (((HUGS)))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter