DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Hello, ladies!! I just realized I haven't been over here in awhile. It's been busy around our house with back-to-school stuff, and when I do get online I've been on Facebook.

I see I haven't missed much. :rotfl2:
Hope everyone is doing well!!

Have a great day. :wave2:

Hello Everyone!

Well turns out I am sneaking another little trip to DL in. Thank goodness for miles! A friend of mine called and she and her son have annual passes too, so we are all going together. Surpising the boys with one night PPH concierge level. My son will be thrilled! Then was able to get the other two nights on bonus time at Dolphin's Cove, which we stayed at last time and really enjoyed.

I've stayed twice at Dolphin's Cove. That's where I can use my timeshare points. I like it, but I like being closer to the parks more. LOL

Well, hubby had a job interview in IOWA today. In the southeast corner, right near the Mississippi River. He's back at his hotel in Moline, IL. We were on the phone for much of his 90 minute drive from Moline to the job site and he saw lots and LOTS of corn farms. He says he knows why people that live there don't want to leave. He said it was quite pretty. Yeah. Until a tornado blows thru. LOL No, we are NOT moving. It's a 2 year job and he will take it if the money and conditions are right and we'll just see each other once every 6 weeks for 2 years.... but I have Mickey to comfort me, right? With nobody to complain, those little 2 day jaunts down to Anaheim would be super easy to get away with! LOL There's my silver lining. I have a bridal shower to go to this weekend for one of his cousins. Two weeks from today I'll be at mom's up in Portland for a few days. The fun never ends. LOL

Serra is house (and bird) sitting at my parents' while they're at the coast for a week, so I stopped by to check on her last night. We chatted about the trip as I was a bit concerned about the meet & greet menu. She's super picky and I wanted to check with her to see if she wanted me to ask if it was possible to replace her dinner with chicken strips and fries or something. She said no, she'll try whatever the menu is, she doesn't want to ask for anything special. This is kind of a first for her, she very rarely tries anything new, maybe she is finally growing up?

Anyway, we also talked about rides, some of which she has refused to do in the past, like California Screamin', She has assured me that she'll try it once, but if she hates it we're not going near it the rest of the trip. I think I can live with that, she loved Rock n' Rollercoaster and I swear it's exactly the same ride, just outside.

I'm getting super excited about being able to have some time with her away from the rest of the family. It's so tough to get her out of the house lately, and we don't get any one on one time. With her turning 18 in October I'm starting to get all nostalgic and stuff. Yikes!

Oh, and I, too, am 50-something, but nowhere close to being a Grandma...at least I hope that it works out that way. My DD is just 12, I started the whole baby thing a year before 40.

Last year when I turned 51 (at DL of course), I decided that 50-something rocked it way more than paltry 50!!!!

OK So i realize that I am several months late on this (I am going back and resolving to at least skim each and every page and am only on page 69) but REALLY? There is NO WAY you are 50! I didn't ever get to talk to you on the last trip but I did see you (and I went back to the page near the front with all the photos) and all I can say is NO WAY! I figured you're younger than I am!

Good Afternoon Ladies.

I know it's been a while since I've posted here. I hope you all are doing well. We got some news this week from the AF. I received short notice orders to Luke AFB in Arizona. We'll be moving at the beginning of October. As of right now I'm still in for the trip, once I get a feel for my work environment, training, etc I'll know for sure.

Take care, talk to you all soon.

Steph

YAY! (see, this is how far behind I am)

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I got over this way...it has been sooo busy around here and we went on our cruise to Alaska so I have been busy getting all the pics organized plus two kiddos ready for school. I bought the family tickets to California for new years...we are going to my uncles' cabin in the San Jacinto mountains. As luck would have it the best airfare was into John Wayne airport! So maybe a one day trip to DL on January 3rd for the family! We will wait and see...and if we do it we are going to try to keep it a secret from the kids...don't know if that is going to happen since both my dh and I are big mouths when it comes to Disney trips! Too excited!

TTYL,

Just popping in again to say hi! The kids go back to school tomorrow and I am so not ready for that!! :(

Lisa, good luck to your husband, although I think it would be hard to only see him every few weeks. I know I could never do that. Hope it works out for the best for you both! :wizard:

Sarah, sounds like a fun time you're planning over New Years! Good luck on keeping the secret! ;)

Hi, Karisa and Heather, good to see you here! :wave:

Hi Beth! :wave2:

So NO ONE is coming to look at my house! We have now dropped the price AGAIN (scary, as that doesn't look good on the listing) and still no one is coming by. Has the market slumped again???

The new house is supposed to be done September 18. My sister and BIL moved their close date back to be the same as mine so we can have a big MOVING EXTRAVAGANZA. Two housefuls of stuff that is currently divided up amongst 4 houses... aren't you all sad you're going to miss that?

Trying to see if I can still manage to scrape together a trip to Disneyland with my kids this October. If I can manage it, it'll be good because my AP expires October 14. If I don't make this trip, the money I spent on the AP won't have been worth it!

Hope everyone is doing well... I am really looking forward to our trip next year so I really hope I can make it!!!

First day of school in our household! :cool1: I missed having the kids around today, but I'm excited to hear all about their first day back. And, it was nice to be able to clean the house and have it last more than an hour. lol

Karisa, good luck on selling your house. I hope someone is interested soon! And, I hope you get to go to DL in October. APs are so expensive, I hope you can get your money's worth.

I feel bad because I don't post much on here or the FB thread. I'm just busy chugging along with housework, chores and regular work.

Lisa, good luck to your husband, although I think it would be hard to only see him every few weeks. I know I could never do that. Hope it works out for the best for you both! :wizard:

We've done the every 2 and 3 week thing before. We did a once a month when he was in Guam for a couple months. This would most likely be once a month home. He put in a resume to a position in Portland, OR yesterday (much preferred, even if it does subject me to more frequent mother visits- LOL).

He put in a resume to a position in Portland, OR yesterday (much preferred, even if it does subject me to more frequent mother visits- LOL).
Oooohh, that would be awesome Lisa! Just don't tell your mother that you moved.

Happy Hump Day, ladies!! :cool1: This week feels like it's creeping by ever so slowly..... But, I hope it's been a good one so far for all of you. :)

I feel bad because I don't post much on here or the FB thread. I'm just busy chugging along with housework, chores and regular work.
Hi, Cristabel! Oooooh, look at your ticker! A little under 5 months until your WDW trip! And with the holidays coming, time is going to fly by.

We've done the every 2 and 3 week thing before. We did a once a month when he was in Guam for a couple months. This would most likely be once a month home. He put in a resume to a position in Portland, OR yesterday (much preferred, even if it does subject me to more frequent mother visits- LOL).
Well, lots of luck to him! Portland would be awesome. Then you can go to Voodoo Donuts for their ****-and-balls. :thumbsup2

Hi, Carol! :wave2:

I'm still around but it has been busy, busy, busy!!! Trying to get all my students settled and in their classes.

You would be amazed at how many students show up a week in and say - "I need to register for classes" :confused3 UMMM...Yeah you do!! School started a WEEK ago - where have you been???? Amazing!! :faint:

Every year I feel older and older - the students are totally unconcerned with missing an entire week of classes and I'm the one freaking out for them. :eek:

Hope everyone's start of the school year is going smoothly.

My to do list is sooo long i dont know how I am ever going to get it done, but come h*ll or highwater, my daughter and I are off to WDW this Saturday! :hourglass

Hi all! My mom and I will be heading down to DL tomorrow night. I haven't been since the Diva trip. It feels like forever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter