Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

This trip sounds like an absolute dream. I hope all of y'all who are going have a blast. We'd be joining you except the timing just stinks for me next spring.

Well there's no turning back now . . .

We've booked the Bernini Bristol for 2 nights pre-cruise ( prepaid for the lower rate ) NON-refundable
Also found out that the Bernini offers a private car service from the airport to the hotel - for a fee of course. But that solves the whole finding a taxi at the airport or taking the Metro or going with an unknown car service. Worth every Euro knowing that we're going to get where we need to be :goodvibes

Also, going to spend 4 extra nights in Venice after the cruise. We're trying something out of our comfort zone - We're renting an apartment :D
It's located in the San Marco Sestiere - about a 5 minute walk to Piazza San Marco in one direction and the Rialto Market in another . One bedroom, huge kitchen and living room, overlooking a small canal, upper loft with access to a rooftop terrace.

Hoping to get to the supermarket and the Rialto market on Saturday to get provisions for Easter Dinner.

I am beyond excited :love:

I always try to rent furnished apartments in Europe when we're in one spot for more than just a couple of days. It's usually pretty cost effective and the extra room to stretch out and breathe makes a ton of difference over hotel rooms.

When we did the ABD, we ended up on the food tour the evening of our arrival day. It actually worked out well because it made us stay up and moving so we could go to bed at normal time instead of ridiculously early and getting ourselves all messed up. The only time that was tough was sitting down at the restaurant towards the end of the tour for pasta and wine. That's when we started having a tough time keeping our eyes open! But the rest of the evening wasn't too bad and we ended up fully adjusted to the time by the next day.

Dino and I would love to do the evening tour as well. We'll be getting in on Thursday, so either evening would work for us, with Friday being the night of choice.
Keep us in the loop Karen. Can't wait to see you again

Same here Karen, arriving Thursday. Please add us in. Day time or night you always pick the best food tour.

Last edited:

So jealous of the price and flight times. I'm just hoping for a halfway decent itinerary out of New Orleans. Price wise nothing looks that great right now.

I have already emailed about the food tour. Both Thursday and Friday will be doable. They will have tours between 4:15 and 6:30. Last time we did the night food tour in 2014 there was a max of 10 per time slot/ they did allow us to go to 13 and we had 2 groups. I am checking to see what the max number would be for us in 2018.

In 2012 we did the daytime tour. It was fun too. It was wicked cool seeing the pyramid in the cemetary :duck:
We would like to join the tour on Friday. Just let us know where and when. Bob and Nancy

Looks like the flights have opened up for both legs of our vacation.

That KLM flight out and into JFK will work for us.
We can fly to JFK on our JetBlue points for free

I'll probably be booking this week

Does anyone have any input for me on flying American Airlines overseas? My husband had a horrible flight from Philadelphia to Berlin on US Air Equipment several years ago. He said it was so cramped beyond belief in Coach.( Don't ask me why he didn't upgrade to business since it was for work). But his concern is because both of us are about six feet tall and he said that he had horribly inadequate legroom.on that very long flight. I've been on seatguru and it just seems like the American/ British Airways equipment is just standard. We are okay on domestic flights. Has anyone had any experience with the A330 cramming more seats in so you have less legroom? Is this a concern, I'm wondering? Is there a way for me to look into this more? I was on American's website trying to decipher the pitch and seat width and I don't really know what I'm looking at to tell you the truth.

I shared your concerns, and I was very nervous ($3k for 20 hr connecting flights). I searched 6 months out instead and could not have been more pleased to see from PHL (our airport) we can fly direct NONSTOP both to Rome and from Venice. But they will not be available til Oct I am guessing. Big Whew!

These are three of *my* favorite pics: Enclosed glass dome over main pool, infinity pool, and SNOW GROTTO!!! I can't decide if I'm more excited by the ship or the ports!

View attachment 235294
View attachment 235296
View attachment 235297

The Snow room looks interesting :P. It will remind me of home. (Lake Ice is finally melting off the lakes here (We had snow on 05/07) ) ((Northern Canada)) :P

I have been daydreaming about this trip since I booked last week! I love this thread, so much helpful info, it's going to be so great to travel with you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter