Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

I can't believe how big this has gotten! When first announced it sounded interesting but perhaps a bit out of reach for most of the usual gang of DIS travelers. Apparently I grossly underestimated the depths of the whole DIS pool. This makes well over 100 people now. Wow!

To Donald & Paul - :welcome:

I can't believe how big this has gotten! When first announced it sounded interesting but perhaps a bit out of reach for most of the usual gang of DIS travelers. Apparently I grossly underestimated the depths of the whole DIS pool. This makes well over 100 people now. Wow!

I agree - I remember when my wife and I signed up and we pushed the group into the 30s I thought it was a good size group ... little did I know though!

I think the fact it is the week before Easter is a factor - I know that is why we are able to go as our kids are off from school so we are able to bring them to "camp Nanna and Grandpa's" while we travel

It just took some of us longer to find buyers for our extra kidney. Or, in some cases, more time to convince significant others that life would surely be Hell on Earth if they didn't agree to join the group.
Just saying :rolleyes1

Welcome Donald and Paul

Welcome to all the newbies who have joined up in the last few weeks! We are going to have such an AWESOME time!! :welcome:

We would be interested in the food tour if there is still room! :love:

:surfweb: Finding Non-stop flights from JFK to Rome & Venice to JFK on Delta for under $700 - just might be finalizing transportation this week :love:

I was going to post about that too - that first time I saw the flight back from Venice

The only direct over I am seeing is via an Alitalia flight, which has me a bit worried about them being out of business come next March which is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger. Are you seeing other direct flights to FCO?

The only direct over I am seeing is via an Alitalia flight, which has me a bit worried about them being out of business come next March which is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger. Are you seeing other direct flights to FCO?
Delta flys non-stop (which is different than "direct") from JFK to FCO.

Delta flys non-stop (which is different than "direct") from JFK to FCO.

The day we were looking at (Thursday the 22nd, overnight to the Friday) the only non-stop flights offered on Delta's site are serviced be Alitalia. If we look the day before there are 2 by Alitalia but actually is one by Delta

The day we were looking at (Thursday the 22nd, overnight to the Friday) the only non-stop flights offered on Delta's site are serviced be Alitalia. If we look the day before there are 2 by Alitalia but actually is one by Delta
I prefer to fly Delta. When I'm booking one of their code-share flights, I always go with the one actually operated by Delta. When we did our ABD Viva Italia trip a couple of years ago, we flew Delta non-stop from JFK to FCO.

:surfweb: Finding Non-stop flights from JFK to Rome & Venice to JFK on Delta for under $700 - just might be finalizing transportation this week :love:

Those look perfect! I'm holding out for when they release the VCE>PHL leg. Not sure if that's a mistake, tho since PHL>FCO are out. If history is any indication, the VCE>PHL won't be available for months. I'd love to not have to drive to JFK if we could get the nonstop Phila flights. :hourglass:hourglass:hourglass

I prefer to fly Delta. When I'm booking one of their code-share flights, I always go with the one actually operated by Delta. When we did our ABD Viva Italia trip a couple of years ago, we flew Delta non-stop from JFK to FCO.

yeah, that is what I am looking to do - unfortunately, as of now, the day we are looking to fly is the only day that week that doesn't offer a non-stop operated by Delta (I am trying to find out form them if it will become available or not)

Though, I guess the other option is we travel a day sooner but that creates other issues/challenges/costs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter