Dis Exclusive December Backstage Magic 12/14 - 12/19/2014!!!

Well, it turns out that UPS did deliver our ABD box as they originally intended yesterday. Just opened it and its pretty much the exact same thing as we got for last months ABD Italy trip. No surprise there.

Thanks for the update Jeff. Nothing yet delivered on the Gulf coast of the state.

I popped into chat Thursday night around 8. Nobody there so I did not hang around.

Well, it turns out that UPS did deliver our ABD box as they originally intended yesterday. Just opened it and its pretty much the exact same thing as we got for last months ABD Italy trip. No surprise there.

I came home yesterday to a box at my front door as well. It came earlier than I thought. Now to figure out if I have to pay the brokerage fee in it.

Our official December Backstage Magic Chat starts this coming Thursday 11/6/2014.

We will be using the ABD Chat board beginning at 8pm (ish) EST.

If you are unfamiliar with chat....click the link to the upper left that says Chat....see it?....click it.

It will take you to the chat area. You will need to sign in.

This is a great way to plot and plan and get to know each other.

Hope to see you there!

Oh boy - the box is coming! This is my first ABD so whatever is in it will be exciting! I started my Christmas shopping online last week so it's been nothing but boxes coming to my house lately but finally one will be for me. Yay!

I will try to remember to pop into chat after work on Thursday.

I fibbed. Our box did arrive yesterday. We we not home so the UPS driver left it with a neighbor.

We got our box this week too! This is our first trip with these goodies so it was nice to have something new :-)

Lots going on between now and this trip, but really looking forward to it!!

I tried to get in to Chat last night but for some reason the chat software did not like the new Mac OS (Yosemite) and/or Google Chrome. I got to the ABD room but I could not type. I also tried to use the 123FlashChat app on my iPad but it kept rejecting my password (OAuth error).

I saw that Karen was in the room so, Hi Karen!. I will try to figure what went wrong and hope to get back there next Thursday.

I too tried to log on last night but had trouble with my password. I will give it a shot next time.

December hours are finally out for the week we are there! DL 8am-12am and DCA 8am-10pm. Looks like Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr Circus Train will be under refurb.

December hours are finally out for the week we are there! DL 8am-12am and DCA 8am-10pm. Looks like Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr Circus Train will be under refurb.

Thanks for this info! Looks like there will be some late nights involved.

If the ABD plans don't include it already, I'd recommend to everybody that they plan on being at CarsLand at dusk one of the days. You remember the scene in the movie when the sun goes down and all the neon lights come on? And the music plays? That's what happens in CarsLand at dusk. Its really a magical time.

I was thinking the same here. Just want to see how crazy the line ups can be - I'm hoping that it would quieter at DCA location and the pines are too long.

On another note, is anyone planning to do the Holiday Tome tour? I'm thinking if doing it in the Saturday or the Sunday when the crowd levels are higher.

Here's a weird question... anyone know if Mickey's of Glendale takes Disney gift cards? :rotfl:

I have a big stockpile of them and was wondering if they did. I plan on getting just a few things there :) seems like a good place to do some Christmas shopping.

Here's a weird question... anyone know if Mickey's of Glendale takes Disney gift cards? :rotfl:

I have a big stockpile of them and was wondering if they did. I plan on getting just a few things there :) seems like a good place to do some Christmas shopping.

I have not been yet but I have heard from people who have that no, they do not take gift cards. Cash or credit card only.

I have not been yet but I have heard from people who have that no, they do not take gift cards. Cash or credit card only.

Used a Disney gift card at MOG during our December 2013 DIS Backstage Magic.

No problems, cast members were happy to accept it at checkout.

MOG did not accept Disney gift cards when I was there in Oct 2013, so I didn't even ask when I was there this past summer in July 2014. I guess it's at your own risk. I don't know if it's changed since then, but I would certainly be prepared with another form of payment.

Quick question. Would it be worth it to purchasing photo pass plus for after the trip and on my own time. I know the guides are there to do photos of our adventure - as a single traveller I have found photo pass useful in WDW in past trips. I don't plan on doing character meals during my post stay, but would like to have the ride photos and maybe do character meet and greets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter