Dis Exclusive July Backstage Magic Adventure 7/6-7/11 Sold Out

2. How exhausted are folks at the end of the trip? I'm thinking of staying through the weekend after the trip, but if I'm incredibly tired, I might be better off just flying home and crashing. After Podcast Cruise 3.0, I was jealous of all the folks I met who were headed to WDW afterwards, but I was so tired that I would probably have slept through at least the first day. (As it was, I slept on the shuttle to MCO, napped in the airport, and then slept through the cross-country flight back home.)

I was lucky enough to go on the DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic trip this past June. You are going to be exhausted - very, very exhausted - at the end of it. My first day back, I slept for 12 hours, woke up, ate breakfast, and then took a four hour nap.

Having said that, if you can, I really would add on at least one extra day. There's not enough on your own time in the parks to do too much during the actual trip, and I know I was glad I had a day to do some exploring on my own.

I'm a bit jealous of all of you who are just starting out on this journey of planning and getting to know each other. This is going to be an amazing experience for you all! :)

I was wondering something about the Images on the trip. Do you get Photopass as part of what is offered in the trip? I know the guides take lots of pictures during the trip, but am not sure how the attendees get those pictures. I was thinking about getting Photopass as a surprise, but want to make sure I'm not wasting money first on it.

I was wondering something about the Images on the trip. Do you get Photopass as part of what is offered in the trip? I know the guides take lots of pictures during the trip, but am not sure how the attendees get those pictures. I was thinking about getting Photopass as a surprise, but want to make sure I'm not wasting money first on it.

They don't load the images through Photopass anymore. ABD loads them through another site.

I am going on the adults only October BSM trip in 2 1/2 weeks as well. And, I contacted them to find out if I could add my post-tour days to it. ABD said their's only covers the days of the tour. So, I ordered and received the Photopass Plus for DLR a couple of weeks ago. I received the voucher and a CD in the mail probably a week after I ordered it online. I paid for the pre-trip CD package which is a little cheaper. I did this because I am staying another 4 days after the BSM tour and also to cover the photos taken on my own time during the tour days. If I stay afterward on next July's Podcast tour, I will do the same thing.

So, go for it! It will make a nice surprise!

Hi everyone. I'm Sara. I'm so excited to be doing the ABD BSM again! My sister Bonnie and I went in August 2011 and it was the best vacation ever. I can't wait! My sister and I live in different parts of the country so we don't see each other so much but at least once a year we travel together somewhere. So excited to see California adventure all done now. It was walls and construction on our last ABD. While I'm sure I'll miss my kids while I'm gone I can't wait to spend some time with my sister!

Hi Sara, welcome to our adventure. Can't wait to meet you and Bonnie.

Kim

Thought I'd share some recent Disneyland photos. The park looks amazing decked out for the holidays!!!

The gingerbread house in Holiday Haunted Mansion is always wonderful, but it it truly spectacular for the 13th anniversary!
10889984143_0deb9daf78.jpg

Christmas tree at DCA
10889652395_95e39153bc.jpg

Sleeping Beauty Castle
10889637705_1bfc086f4d.jpg

My favorite drink at my favorite bar!
10889661695_ce077d0112.jpg

A nice shot of me and my Dad enjoying our day!
10889665185_c640f65e18.jpg

Fantasmic!
10889800544_617640ebd4.jpg

Thanks for the photos! This will be my inspiration for getting up extra early to go to work and teaching reading camp. Doing that this winter and spring will pay for half my trip! But man oh man, do I not want to get up an extra half hour-hour early. :sad:

So I dreamed last night that I was still packing five minutes before my flight was supposed to take off. And I was frantically checking the website for a later flight. But it was to San Diego. Not sure why I wanted to go to San Diego. Still debating Southwest or going non stop on another airline.

Kim

So I dreamed last night that I was still packing five minutes before my flight was supposed to take off. And I was frantically checking the website for a later flight. But it was to San Diego. Not sure why I wanted to go to San Diego. Still debating Southwest or going non stop on another airline.

Kim

I've been having nightmares of me paying $530 for the flight or going three hours to an airport. I know that isn't going to happen, but I can understand those dreams about the flight.

Kim

I did the Oct 2013 BSM adults only tour (also doing this one) and there was actually someone on that tour who said she started packing about 3 hours before she left for the airport! I can't even imagine that!!!

I haven't even checked out flights yet, but a lot of times non-stop flights from here are cheaper than the others, probably since there are so many departing from here. Way behind in paying for this tour!

I did the Oct 2013 BSM adults only tour (also doing this one) and there was actually someone on that tour who said she started packing about 3 hours before she left for the airport! I can't even imagine that!!!

I haven't even checked out flights yet, but a lot of times non-stop flights from here are cheaper than the others, probably since there are so many departing from here. Way behind in paying for this tour!

I am such a neurotic planner, I've been checking for flights, but I know SW won't have their flights out for a while. But going by their current prices, United seems to have better rates. And if I don't have to change planes I would love that. I HATE changing planes. And Kevin hates when I change planes. :rotfl: Last trip I took an offer to change planes and I had to make a frantic call to Kevin to let ABD know I was getting in a little later and get the time to the driver. No changing flights at the airport this time. Also, the possibility of upgrading to first class for a cross country flight is so tempting.

Kim

I would go with United. Cross country flights on SW haven't been competitively priced in a few years. Add in the benefit of not having to change planes, and I think you've found your answer!

Melissa

We just booked nonstop flights on Virgin America for this trip. The prices were down significantly from what I'd been seeing.

Just wanted to give a heads up, in case anyone else is looking for (more) reasonable pices going cross country.

We've never flown Virgin, but the drop in prices (@$750 instead of $1350 round trip for the two of us) was enough to give it a try.

Kathy

I would go with United. Cross country flights on SW haven't been competitively priced in a few years. Add in the benefit of not having to change planes, and I think you've found your answer!

Melissa

Melissa, for a minute I thought this said you were flying United. I had a head scratch moment since you are a local! :happytv:

I have no idea what I'm flying yet. I want to figure out an exact schedule of when I'm going, then I'll decide. I figure I want to do at least one pre-day so I'm acclimated.

Not having to get on a plane is just one more reason why this trip is going to be so amazing!!!!!

Just 6 1/2 months to go. I have a question. If you have done this trip before both real and hypothetically, would you like the same guides again because you knew them and they were great or would you want different guides to see what their different perspective/method would be like. We had Dean and Matt on my last trip and they were wonderful. Kind of hoping for them again.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter