Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Thank you! Looks like something I need to make!

It's one of those things I love to make on a morning where we're not planning on doing anything. I've found though that with my current oven, I need to bake them about 3-4 minutes longer so that the eggs are cooked and I like my eggs with runny yolks, but when I took them out (mine after 20 minutes), the whites were not cooked and were still translucent.

Plus we have new cats in the house, and that is proving to be interesting to say the least!

Real life is crazy busy here.

I know you got one new cat.....but your post above implies more than one! How are they all getting on?

Real life is crazy busy here.

I know you got one new cat.....but your post above implies more than one! How are they all getting on?

A week later we got an older cat. She is actually getting on better than the first one. Natasha has now taken to hiding and doesn't seem to like to cuddle much. She keeps going under the bed.

Pryncess comes out into the rest of the house, and even comes on the bed in our room. She eats out of the food bowls in the kitchen. Natasha won't venture past the threshold of Olgas suite.

Whew, we finally made it to the weekend! Should be a quiet one here, DS and DGS are both out of town.

:wave:

I'm heading cross-country tomorrow for a raptor bird photography event. Hopefully, the 2 hour drive will be worth it!

So where does two hours drive get you? As you well know two hours doesn't even get us out of California. Four hours gets you to Mexico (maybe), and it's almost five hours to Arizona or Nevada.....

So where does two hours drive get you? As you well know two hours doesn't even get us out of California. Four hours gets you to Mexico (maybe), and it's almost five hours to Arizona or Nevada.....

Two hours get me to Disneyland!! :hyper:

It just about gets me to AZ. It will, however, get me quite a good ways down into Mexico! ::yes::

Two hours almost gets me to where you are, but not quite!

It's funny being in a big state after coming from New England. There are some spots there where two hours in any direction will let you visit like three states!! :rotfl:

I have to remind myself that while we have a bucket list of things in CA we'd like to see, quite a few of them are a solid day's drive just to get there!

It's funny being in a big state after coming from New England. There are some spots there where two hours in any direction will let you visit like three states!! :rotfl:

Yeah, I was born there and my grandparents lived there until they died. I would go back every summer. I was always amazed when we'd drive to New York or Connecticut in less than a day. We would drive for hours at home and never leave the state. :laughing:

I have to remind myself that while we have a bucket list of things in CA we'd like to see, quite a few of them are a solid day's drive just to get there!

And if you want to go to Yosemite, you'd either need to leave at the cracks of dawn or make an overnight stop!

....And if you want to go to Yosemite, you'd either need to leave at the cracks of dawn or make an overnight stop!

Yeah, that's high on our list. I'm thinking maybe next spring or fall. I'd also like to see Joshua Tree and Death Valley, but neither of them in summer.... :scared: Someday, the giant Sequoias. I think our next destination (well, me and the boys, at least.....DH says he has no interest) will be LA/Hollywood, just to see it and do the tourist thing, then come home. I plan to take the train up from San Diego, though; I've driven to Anaheim and that was enough! :crowded:

I think our next destination (well, me and the boys, at least.....DH says he has no interest) will be LA/Hollywood, just to see it and do the tourist thing, then come home. I plan to take the train up from San Diego, though; I've driven to Anaheim and that was enough! :crowded:

Make sure you do your research because a lot of Hollywood is spread out. Parking sucks so the train is a good option, but you may have to walk a lot. I'm assuming you want to see Hollywood Blvd as that's the only part of Hollywood that's really accessible by Train (Metro). I'm assuming you would take the train from San Diego to Union Station and then take the Red Line from there to Hollywood. You don't have to worry about parking that way, it just limits where you can go, which isn't necessarily a bad thing....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter