Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

....I'm using my DH's MacBookPro and I am not used to it....yes, it seemingly did start to download, but then I got an "Error" massage, that also said to try it again, but the 2nd time nothing happened....

....at the bottom is an 'icon' that says "Downloads" but when I put the cursor over that, the only downloads there are previous ones that my DH had downloaded....

....okay, so how do I download my photos from photobucket onto a zip drive[memory stick]? I clicked on the button "download" but it didn't even give me an option of where exactly I'm gonna download them TO.....WTH?

When I want to get pictures off the Internet I usually go to the page with the largest version of the picture and right click on it. I usually get an option of "Save picture as..." and then I save it.

I wish I still had my PhotoBucket page, just so I could sort of walk through it on my end and see what happens. I really hope they aren't getting snarky about people leaving and making it hard or impossible for them to download. Those photos are YOUR property..... :headache:

When I want to get pictures off the Internet I usually go to the page with the largest version of the picture and right click on it. I usually get an option of "Save picture as..." and then I save it.
....so I am going to have to save each and every one, one at a time??!???!? :eek: :faint:

Oh I hope not. I'm no help since I didn't use PhotoBucket.

I'm so done with days over 100 degrees, 107 today.

....so I am going to have to save each and every one, one at a time??!???!? :eek: :faint:

Didn't you save them in a central location before uploading them? If not and if their download utility didn't work, then that might be your only option.

Didn't you save them in a central location before uploading them? If not and if their download utility didn't work, then that might be your only option.
...no, because they were uploaded directly from my phone to Photobucket...

Talk about family drama surrounding this hurricane.... My dad lives in Florida as many of you know, in the greater St. Petersburg area. As of last Thurs. night, his wife was making plans to evacuate with her daughter and family, and my dad was outright refusing to go. I was like, Really?....you're going to be one of these stubborn old men who refuse to leave your home and face destruction and potentially the loss of your own life, just because of your house?! I finally texted him and "yelled" at him. He packed up and left with them. (He's been SUPER crabby ever since, but I digress.....)

Now for the last 4-1/2 days I've been getting the texts from him about how tired he is, the rental van that they drove up in was returned and now he doesn't know how they're getting home (they're in TN, and they're flying home; his wife has been saying this all along), and yesterday he went so far as to suggest that the real reason they evacuated to TN was just so his wife could visit the friend they're staying with....:headache:

They have since gotten word from someone who's back already that their house is FINE. They are without power and I can only hope it's back on before he gets back but that's not guaranteed at all.

You know you have arrived at mature adult-hood when you have to treat your parent as though they were your child!!!!!

Anyone familiar with the "Courage The Cowardly Dog" cartoon??!......he's really nothing like this but during all of this hoopla, all I can envision with my dad is the grumpy old man in that series!! :rotfl2:

Sorry about the drama LegoMom, I'm glad your Dad evacuated after all and their house is fine. I don't know why, but guys do seem to get grumpier as they get older. I hope all is well otherwise.

Sorry about the drama LegoMom, I'm glad your Dad evacuated after all and their house is fine. I don't know why, but guys do seem to get grumpier as they get older. I hope all is well otherwise.

Thank you, it is. He was finally able to return home yesterday, although the flight was delayed so I got all the grumpy texts re: that.... :rotfl: I expect he'll call me today sometime and I'll get to hear all about the horrible week in TN. In a house. With a/c. And real meals. :rolleyes2 Anyway, he's none the worse for wear, now we can get back to making sure he stays on his heart meds and such.

Sounds like Fran's father. He was a grumpy old man too. We had to move him out to fumigate his house and he reacted similarly...

Glad everything worked out.

I'm very upset - I've been feeling REALLY achy since going to Puerto Rico; weird how it came on so suddenly [ I attributed it to the uncomfortable bed]. I finally went to my doctor, who ran a blood test....turns out that I probably have Polymyalgia Rheumatica, which is a type of autoimmune disease that affects the muscles - mainly, my arms, shoulders, hips, and thighs. So, now I am on a 6-day regimen of a corticosteroid [for the SECOND TIME in two weeks]; I might have to be on a low-dose regimen of it for the next year or so.....great, just great. I turn 60 and I fall to pieces.....:sad: It STINKS getting old....

Sorry you aren't feeling well Kimmar, I hope the corticosteroids do the trick.

I'm very upset - I've been feeling REALLY achy since going to Puerto Rico; weird how it came on so suddenly [ I attributed it to the uncomfortable bed]. I finally went to my doctor, who ran a blood test....turns out that I probably have Polymyalgia Rheumatica, which is a type of autoimmune disease that affects the muscles - mainly, my arms, shoulders, hips, and thighs. So, now I am on a 6-day regimen of a corticosteroid [for the SECOND TIME in two weeks]; I might have to be on a low-dose regimen of it for the next year or so.....great, just great. I turn 60 and I fall to pieces.....:sad: It STINKS getting old....

:hug:

Yay me! 2 bouts of a flu/virus during July and August!

It's been a bad flu season this year in Oz. Hope that this strain isn't making it's way across the pond! We've had a few deaths from this one.

Yay me! 2 bouts of a flu/virus during July and August!

It's been a bad flu season this year in Oz. Hope that this strain isn't making it's way across the pond! We've had a few deaths from this one.

:eek: Wow you're not having any fun either. :hug:

I hope that strain doesn't hit here it sounds bad. I've already had my flu shot since we leave next week for our hop to the middle of the Atlantic with my Dad.

Hey everyone! kimmar and PiO, I hope you're both feeling better. pixiedust:

Just took a 2-mile walk, first time in well over a month. The early morning air is finally brisk (mid-summer it was already very toasty at 8am....). Need to get back into regular exercise.

Thinking of heading up to DLR next week. I want to see the Halloween decor, esp. the Haunted Mansion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter