Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

When are you coming down? We have two weekends in April booked at the Grand. If I didbt use the points I would have lost them. I guessed wrong that F&W would be after Easter, so i had to keep the reservations.

I don't tend to hang out in WeHo, but i take it that your DS proposed on their CA trip?

Flying down 4/17 then heading to SD for Baja cruise on 4/22. We're all alone (which doesn't happen very often at DL).:earsgirl::earsboy: When are you going to be there?

Congrats!

Flying down 4/17 then heading to SD for Baja cruise on 4/22. We're all alone (which doesn't happen very often at DL).:earsgirl::earsboy: When are you going to be there?

We have the 13-15 booked and 27-29. Looks like we have opposing weekends booked. Originally i booked every weekend, but i kept the ones that i booked with banked points. I have some points that I can bank for next year left.

We have the 13-15 booked and 27-29. Looks like we have opposing weekends booked. Originally i booked every weekend, but i kept the ones that i booked with banked points. I have some points that I can bank for next year left.
Darn we just miss you. I haven't even looked at F&W dates. What's that like banking points, mine are always used up and then some? Lol

What's that like banking points, mine are always used up and then some? Lol

:lmao: Well when you have 888 points and only go to WDW once a year, there's leftovers! It's hard to get in at the Grand with WDW points and two years in a row i misjudged the F&W dates. Next year I'm booking for March!

Well winter decided to finally show up here in the mountains of SoCal......this would have been nice TWO months ago!! At this point we're all ready for spring. At least we are getting rain which is SO badly needed. Cal Fire is even getting in several prescribed burns because conditions are so favorable. It's crazy, though -- yesterday back in NH they got to 75*.....here, we topped out at 43*.

:lmao: Well when you have 888 points and only go to WDW once a year, there's leftovers! It's hard to get in at the Grand with WDW points and two years in a row i misjudged the F&W dates. Next year I'm booking for March!

Yeah you have way more to play with than we do. We're down to 330 points after we sold a contract. Next year you'll book March and the dates will all be in April. They just like to drive us crazy that way.

Well winter decided to finally show up here in the mountains of SoCal......this would have been nice TWO months ago!! At this point we're all ready for spring. At least we are getting rain which is SO badly needed. Cal Fire is even getting in several prescribed burns because conditions are so favorable. It's crazy, though -- yesterday back in NH they got to 75*.....here, we topped out at 43*.

It tried to sprinkle up here in NorCal on my way home from work, sure haven't had much rain up our way.

What will you do with yourself? :laughing:
I'll figure that out after my year of Disney travel I'll probably go through withdrawals.:earseek:

I'm looking forward to a little less stress in my life. It was a little scary signing my final papers last Thursday after working for 37 years.

Last edited:
I tell myself that I should start planning for DH and my trip in November but, frankly what do I plan at this point for Disneyland? I just know I'm happy to be going it was September 2015 the last time I was there.

When it's just the two of us I don't plan very much at all. When I have a large group I try to plan dinners so we don't have to wait so long with kids.

That was my thought. It's just he and I, so I think that there isn't a real issue like when there's all 6 of us. When it's all of it's a different story! I haven't even set the hotel yet. Then today I realized that the day wee are coming to town is Dapper Day. When we there for our last trip it was when Dapper Day was in September and it was super busy.

Good point! Well, it was the busiest I had seen it since a President's Day. It makes no matter, a busy day at Disneyland beats anything! My last two vacations were "camping" in a cabin at a state park where I had to hike to the bathroom. This will definitely be an improvement. Not that I didn't love being in a cellphone quiet zone!

You'll have a fun time being a kid again and without the whole gang you can do whatever you want. Enjoy.

It wasn't fun. My mouth still has discomfort. Its not somethi g i woukd want to repeat, but at least i was fairly knocked out for it.

Hope that the tooth and mouth is feeling much better now.

Hi,

Can this old fogie join in the fun?

Welcome to the Old Fogie clubroom!

@franandaj - I have a question for you.....

You've been a DLR pass holder for some time, I gather, or at least someone who has been frequenting the parks. What is your opinion of the SoCal passes, as well as the payment plan option??

I'm looking for a "real" person's take on this. I have been lurking around a [non-DIS] DLR discussion board for some months now, but recently left. The hostility towards those of us who -- *gasp* -- actually take advantage of the payment plan was getting a bit much. I ended up feeling like the scum of the earth, because apparently, according to these posters, it's people like me who have totally ruined DLR (as in it's always busy, yadda yadda yadda....).

I just feel like yelling through my screen to them, "HEY!....It's DISNEY!! Have you been to WDW lately?! SAME thing happening there and they have much more expensive passes!!!"

Anyway, just wondering how you feel about all this. And please be honest, I won't be offended! I mean obviously when I"m at the parks, I am no different than someone who forked over close to $1000 for a Premium pass. But again, I'm curious.

:hug:

I hate when people do that. Hope that you just leave them behind!

Congratulations!!!

:wave:

Can you believe it's March?

We are heading into Autumn. Been a dry summer for us. Here's hoping that we have a wet (but not too wet) rest of the year.
I'm still on track to finish up my current work contract at the end of the month. No idea what I'll get next but I need the change from the current client.

DS is in his last year of high school. We've been on 'no family vacay plans' for last year and this year. Here's hoping that we start travelling again either end of this year or next !

We’ve been on vacation hold too. Now DH and I are planning a trip. I really need a break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter