Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Hi Fogies.

Hope everyone is well.

Life is just passing by here. Sleep-work-eat.
I'd love to get a Disney fix but that's not on the horizon for quite a while.

Aside from that, we are all well here.

princess::upsidedow

Hey! Nice to see this thread resurrected!

Nothing much going on here right now. Enjoying having a TR to post after a long time without one.

I didn't know ACDSNY was going Down Under!

I've learned. If I really want it, use a TA. We just would have liked to do it, but really right now it's not financially in the cards so it's better that I didn't get it. I'll find another way to get Fran to HI.
Well, we canceled the HI to Vancouver for next March. I decided it was too expensive for us right now, and also I didn’t think Vancouver would have nice enough weather in March.

Really looking forward to seeing @ACDSNY when she gets here!

Hi, @PrincessInOz! I haven't been on Disboards in a very long time. Dwight and I were planning to get back to AU/NZ in early 2024 (our son Eric and his wife still reside in Wellington, NZ), but we couldn't find an itinerary that had both Melbourne and Wellington. We had thought about flying to Melbourne and spending some time in that wonderful city, but that is no longer in the plans.

I'm not sure if you know, but in October 2022, a week before Dwight and I were loading up a truck and moving to our newly built home in Ocala, Florida, Dwight passed away suddenly (cardiac arrest). He was (we thought as did his doctors) the picture of health for a man his age. Although I've come out of my "fog", I am still in disbelief. We had celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary 2 weeks, to the day, before he died.

God-willing, I am taking our daughter Tori on the February 2024 Celebrity Edge cruise that Dwight and I had booked. It leaves Sydney and heads to NZ without any other AU ports. :sad1:

I have so many fond memories of our time in Melbourne in 2017; sure do wish we could have come back again.

Hi, @PrincessInOz! I haven't been on Disboards in a very long time. Dwight and I were planning to get back to AU/NZ in early 2024 (our son Eric and his wife still reside in Wellington, NZ), but we couldn't find an itinerary that had both Melbourne and Wellington. We had thought about flying to Melbourne and spending some time in that wonderful city, but that is no longer in the plans.

I'm not sure if you know, but in October 2022, a week before Dwight and I were loading up a truck and moving to our newly built home in Ocala, Florida, Dwight passed away suddenly (cardiac arrest). He was (we thought as did his doctors) the picture of health for a man his age. Although I've come out of my "fog", I am still in disbelief. We had celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary 2 weeks, to the day, before he died.

God-willing, I am taking our daughter Tori on the February 2024 Celebrity Edge cruise that Dwight and I had booked. It leaves Sydney and heads to NZ without any other AU ports. :sad1:

I have so many fond memories of our time in Melbourne in 2017; sure do wish we could have come back again.

Lori!!!

Lovely to chat to you here.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I did see the post and responded on FB. I couldn't believe it. He was so full of life and always looking for the humourous side. I think of the two of you often and wish we could have had more time in Melbourne.

Hope to see you in Australia at some stage. Let me know about your plans for Sydney.

Lori!!!

Lovely to chat to you here.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I did see the post and responded on FB. I couldn't believe it. He was so full of life and always looking for the humourous side. I think of the two of you often and wish we could have had more time in Melbourne.

Hope to see you in Australia at some stage. Let me know about your plans for Sydney.
I will let you know about Sydney. Yes, I definitely hope to return to Melbourne one day. :love:

Hey Fogies.

It's Wednesday hump day and its been a hard year so far at work. Most days, I'm brain dead by this time of night.
Coming back to the Dis keeps me awake-ish to catch up on the games, photos and posts.

Looking forward to the ramp down to the weekend.

I'm not sure if you know, but in October 2022, a week before Dwight and I were loading up a truck and moving to our newly built home in Ocala, Florida, Dwight passed away suddenly (cardiac arrest).
I'm so sorry to hear this. :hug: I never met him, but I can't even imagine after 40 years how something so sudden like this would feel. I'm glad you have family to lean on. Hang in there.

It's Wednesday hump day and its been a hard year so far at work.

I don't have "weeks" every day just runs into the next. This year has been been better than last not only from a medical standpoint. At least we are "all rented" with people who actually pay their rent and not squatters.

Now the next major thing is to do the taxes. :faint:

I don't have "weeks" every day just runs into the next. This year has been been better than last not only from a medical standpoint. At least we are "all rented" with people who actually pay their rent and not squatters.

If it isn't one thing, it's another.
Glad you've got a good set of renters!

I actually got my tax return submitted recently. I was only about 7 months late!
But the good news is I am expecting a refund. A small refund. But it IS a refund. Will be the first time in about 4 years that I see a refund.

Hot, hot, hot and hot here.

Expected top of 37C. They did say it would be windy too. But I forgot it was going to be windy. Really windy.

Oh well. The order of the day is to stay cool.

....heyyyyyy.....HOWDY! :wave:

....wow...how did I MISS all you peeps!!??!

Hey! Nice to see this thread resurrected!

Nothing much going on here right now. Enjoying having a TR to post after a long time without one.

I didn't know ACDSNY was going Down Under!
....me neither.....heading to WDW this Thursday....

I'm so sorry to hear this. :hug: I never met him, but I can't even imagine after 40 years how something so sudden like this would feel. I'm glad you have family to lean on. Hang in there.
Thank you. :hug: It is still so hard for me to believe. I'll never understand "why". He was a great guy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter