Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

.....hey, how have you been?? :hyper:

Hello!!

I was wondering where you were.

Been posting on this thread to see if there are any nibbles. Looks like the fishing paid off! 🎣

I've been well. Miraculously....I've stayed clear of Covid. But then Melbourne has had a long lock down and there is a definite mental impact the lockdowns have had on those that live here (me included).
I get the feeling that we have been hermits for the last 3 years and are only now re-emerging back into normal life.

I'm still work from home and count myself lucky to be able to have the flexibility of being able to do so.

Otherwise, life in a nutshell:
2020 - Lockdown and no work for 3 month, the work, work, work.
2021 - Lockdown and work, work, work. Then a brief respite from the lockdown. A manic road trip for 7 days. Then more lockdown.
2022 - Out of lock down. Work, work, work.
2023 - Work, work, work. A snap 2 week trip to UK. Work, work, work.

You?

Hello!!

Been posting on this thread to see if there are any nibbles. Looks like the fishing paid off! 🎣

I've been well. Miraculously....I've stayed clear of Covid. But then Melbourne has had a long lock down and there is a definite mental impact the lockdowns have had on those that live here (me included).
I get the feeling that we have been hermits for the last 3 years and are only now re-emerging back into normal life.

I'm still work from home and count myself lucky to be able to have the flexibility of being able to do so.

2021 - Lockdown and work, work, work. Then a brief respite from the lockdown. A manic road trip for 7 days. Then more lockdown.

You?
This sounds crazy but I know that down under you folks had a lot crazier lockdowns, but were able to keep the death count down.

Here it was all over the place. Florida was like a no rules kind of place and people were dying left and right. Now the governor thinks that's a great model for him to be president. We were very reluctant to travel to Florida last year but we seemed to be OK so we're going back again.

We are also "Novids" as you could call it but we have stayed home mostly with just one trip to FL last year before everything hit the fan. We haven't been anywhere until the cruise that I'm currently doing the TR.

We have a 10 day trip to WDW and I wouldn't have planned it except we thought that by now we would have been out out of this BS. But now it appears we have almost another year of it. Not sure if we will be going much of anywhere after WDW until this is over.

This sounds crazy but I know that down under you folks had a lot crazier lockdowns, but were able to keep the death count down.

Here it was all over the place. Florida was like a no rules kind of place and people were dying left and right. Now the governor thinks that's a great model for him to be president. We were very reluctant to travel to Florida last year but we seemed to be OK so we're going back again.

We are also "Novids" as you could call it but we have stayed home mostly with just one trip to FL last year before everything hit the fan. We haven't been anywhere until the cruise that I'm currently doing the TR.

We have a 10 day trip to WDW and I wouldn't have planned it except we thought that by now we would have been out out of this BS. But now it appears we have almost another year of it. Not sure if we will be going much of anywhere after WDW until this is over.

:wave:

Yeah. We managed to keep the death count down but then it kinda felt we were thrown to the wolves when they decided to "let it rip". It was obvious that there was a plan to keep the death count down but there was no plan to bring us out of the lockdowns. So when people were let loose, they behaved as is nothing had changed and the covid infection rate was astronomical. But the death rate stayed low.
At that point, we decided to stay at home even more. But that was over a year ago and I guess things are as normal as they can be over here now.

Covid has left the supply chain for everything in disarray. Cost of living is crazy high here. Housing is even worse. The lower incomes are pretty much decimated by this economy. And now we're starting to see the signs of this Covid economy hitting middle income earners. For months the food aid agencies have reported the increasing numbers of middle income families reaching out for support. Now its almost just become the new normal.

I'm enjoying the vicarious living of your TR. But I need to make sure I wander in having eaten something. :)
I hope you have a great time in WDW. You and Fran deserve it! I know you'll do all the safe things and keep as clear of Covid as you can.
Stay safe!

Hello!!

You?
......sooooooo.....I'm sensing that you worked a LOT.....I'm psychic :rolleyes1

This sounds crazy but I know that down under you folks had a lot crazier lockdowns, but were able to keep the death count down.....We are also "Novids" as you could call it but we have stayed home mostly with just one trip to FL last year before everything hit the fan. We haven't been anywhere until the cruise that I'm currently doing the TR.
.....'novid'....loving it! Heyyyy, I'm a 'novid' too! Although.....:sad1:

Hey Kimmar! Nice to see you again! Have fun at WDW! I'll be there in a little under a month.
Nice! Two more sleeps for me! AND, soft opening for Tron....fingers crossed that we get a virtual queue pass for MK on Thursday....

......sooooooo.....I'm sensing that you worked a LOT.....I'm psychic :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

.....'novid'....loving it! Heyyyy, I'm a 'novid' too! Although.....:sad1:
....and I'm a grandma!

OMG!! Congrats.
Hope grandma is being spoilt silly!

Just the one???? 🤔

Nice! Two more sleeps for me! AND, soft opening for Tron....fingers crossed that we get a virtual queue pass for MK on Thursday....

Enjoy. Tron is a GREAT ride!! Fingers crossed, toes crossed, everything crossed that you get on.
We loved it in Shanghai.

:rotfl2:
OMG!! Congrats.
Hope grandma is being spoilt silly!......Just the one???? 🤔.....Enjoy. Tron is a GREAT ride!! Fingers crossed, toes crossed, everything crossed that you get on.
We loved it in Shanghai.
.....we promised my Stella that we'd bring her back a Woody and Buzz Lightyear....my middle DS is getting married this August....they'll be coming with us tomorrow [they're DVC] and then they are going to Disneyland Paris for part of their honeymoon...and in October, they will be visiting Disneyland...

Really looking forward to seeing @ACDSNY when she gets here!
We're so looking forward to our visit too!

Just getting caught up on here. We had a fun trip to WDW with our son and teenage grandson, came home, then went to the Northern CA Coast for our anniversary. Then spent the last weekend with my aunt and uncle to help out since she hasn't been well. I'm tired!
Now the next major thing is to do the taxes. :faint:
I need to do ours too.
Well, we canceled the HI to Vancouver for next March. I decided it was too expensive for us right now, and also I didn’t think Vancouver would have nice enough weather in March.
Join us on the Vancouver to Honolulu in October.
....me neither.....heading to WDW this Thursday....
Darn, we just missed you, we were the March 11th to 18th.

We're so looking forward to our visit too!

Just getting caught up on here. We had a fun trip to WDW with our son and teenage grandson, came home, then went to the Northern CA Coast for our anniversary. Then spent the last weekend with my aunt and uncle to help out since she hasn't been well. I'm tired!

I'm looking forward to seeing you too

Glad you had a fun trip.
Rest up!

Where does the time go?

I looked at the calendar today and was almost shocked to see April around the corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter