DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Even older when I got blood clot in left leg the size of Rhode Island end of August.

Seems to be the year for life's reminders that we're getting old. Turned 50 in March, found kidney cancer in April, cut it out in June, diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis in August. Ugh! But at least I'm still here to complain about it. ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Seems to be the year for life's reminders that we're getting old. Turned 50 in March, found kidney cancer in April, cut it out in June, diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis in August. Ugh! But at least I'm still here to complain about it. ::yes:: :thumbsup2

....wow......just.....:hug:

:goodvibes:cool1:
Guess I may qualify as an oldtimer! Definately adding another generation to my typical trip! :hippie:

Hi to all my friends who I have met, and those I haven't :lovestruc We are family here.

I attended the first Dis Con with many of you, and it was the best experiance of my life at Disney World. Hi Ya'll

I've been planning 3 trips for this year to our "Home" and I started back on these boards the day after the big migration! I'm an Old Timer that still remembers the great DIS "purge" from a long long time ago. Anyone remember that mess?

Anyway, just thought I'd bump this thread back up and see it on these new fancy boards. Hope all is well!

I always smile when I see this thread bounce back up. :) I'm still trying to get use to the "fancy new boards" ;) LOL

Hi Old-Timers! This is my first post on the new boards. We haven't been to WDW for 5 or 6 years because of my back problems and have trouble walking. I had my 3rd back surgery last July and I got an infection in it and I'm still off of work. It looks like I'm going to file for disability. It's not fun getting old! I'll be 60 this
September.

Hi Old-Timers! This is my first post on the new boards. We haven't been to WDW for 5 or 6 years because of my back problems and have trouble walking. I had my 3rd back surgery last July and I got an infection in it and I'm still off of work. It looks like I'm going to file for disability. It's not fun getting old! I'll be 60 this
September.
....a-MEN, brudder....

September.
I'll third that!

I hope that you get better soon.

I hear that. Kidney cancer last year, then just as I recovered from that, I landed back in the ER with breathing problems that were eventually traced back to an auto-immune disorder that I'll need to deal with for the rest of my life. Getting old sucks!

I was a lurker for the longest time, but more recently I've become active on the boards. Many thanks for the help planning my first on-site stay, but now planning my next adventure on the World. I injured my back before that trip on the job, boy some of those rides really jostle you when you feel every bump and bend.

:wave2:

First came to the boards in preparation for our WDW/cruise honeymoon...and we just celebrated our 15th anniversary!

Army life is leading us back to Georgia soon, so I'm back on the DIS to plan another trip.

I remember when this thread started. Does that make me an old-timer now? I was in my first year of college then. Finished my Master's Degree 3 1/2 years ago, and have been working as a speech-language pathologist ever since. Time flies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter