DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Just wanted to thank everybody for dropping by for a hug for our friend Judi. She has been warmed and comforted by your thoughts, many memories of times past, and words. Judi said she was happy to see so many friends return to say hello, albeit from a sad event. She wishes she could thank everyone here directly. As said so many times, Judi is one classy lady.

As you can see, I'm not exactly an old timer, but I can pray. And please send to Judi sincere condolences and sincere thanks. For although her husband John may not have died in the "line of duty" he as well as so many others keep me safe, keep my President(s) safe. For that I thank him for his service and her and her family for any and all sacrifices they have made to make his service possible.

Peace to them all. God Bless.

And Dan, although we have never met. I must agree with the person who posted what a gift of language you have. You are a well spoken...gentleman. Gentleman in the true sense of the word. Thank you for all you do on these boards.

Dee

I would like to add my sympathy for Judi and her boys. It is so proufoundly sad to leave this world when you are in the middle of your life. :(
I remember 'Snoopy' writing so fondly about her husband. He sounded like such a warm and loving man, and expressed his love in kind ways, like making her coffee every morning. I remember that, because my DH does too. :(
I am so very sorry for your loss, Judi. :sad1: :grouphug:

I came across something that might be helpful for the boys. It's, Comfort Zone Camp. It's a bereavement camp for children ages 7-17 who have experienced the death of a parent, sibling or primary caregiver. There are camps in Mass., N.J., VA, TX, and CA.

Judi, I hope you see this. It looks like a many of the dates are full, but it might be something to think about in the future. :hug:

http://www.comfortzonecamp.org/parents-and-guardians/faq

I haven't been here in ages but occasionally log on to see what's going on and was so saddened to hear about Judi's loss. I always enjoyed reading her threads and remember the loved she expressed toward her husband and at-the-time young sons. I'll never forgot the mauve bridesmaid dress story. . . had me laughing out loud. Once again, so sorry Snoopy.

Snoops you and the boys are in my thoughts and prayers.:hug:
oxoxoxo

Haven't been here on this board in years, something told me to visit.

Snoppy so sorry to here this sad news, my prayer and thoughts are with you and the boy. :hug:

Definite old timer here.:rotfl: I remember the crash of 1999 of which Webmaster Pete has asked me NOT to remind him of. :laughing: Lost a lot of my post counts in that one.

I haven't checked in here for a long time either and am so sorry to hear of Judi
s loss. Please know I will keep you in my thoughts. I'm sure it is very hard on her sons to loose their father. :hug:

Definite old timer here.:rotfl: I remember the crash of 1999 of which Webmaster Pete has asked me NOT to remind him of. :laughing: Lost a lot of my post counts in that one.

Haha I remember that:rotfl:

Just stopping in to say Hi (waving) Haven't been around the boards as much as I used to. Busy blogging and traveling to WDW every few months.
It's good to see old time DISers on this thread:hug:

I'm suffering from some late night insomnia and ended up on the DIS for the first time in at least a year. I just went back through and read this entire thread, gave me such a since of nostalgia and fond memories. I've smiled through every page and had forgotten about all the people I considered my friends on this board. Just wanted to stop in for a quick hello.

First my condolences to Snoppy, I still remember the first time I found out her husband was a Secret Service agent, I had wanted to be one at one time in my life. Thought that was so cool. Prayers for Snoppy and her sons.

As for me, I'm expecting to be a father in less than a week. Wife is due July 28th. Quick rundown of the past 4 years. Proposed to the love of my life at our home DVC resort, Old Key West, back in Sept 07. Married June 08 and honeymooned in Disney of course. My wife tolerates my Disney obsession and she still can't believe we've been together 4 years and she's been to Disney 6 times. Awesome. So now the next chapter in our life begins with a child. We don't know if it's a girl or boy, just doing it the old fashioned way and praying for health.

Thanks again Dan for this great thread. We truly are old school DISer's now. I can't believe there are 2 million threads and 350,000 members! I remember when the boards passed 20,000 members! This was such a great trip down memory lane for something that will always be a special part of my life. I'm very glad to catch up and see everyone. I pray this message finds you all in good health and hopefully you're planning your next trip to the most magical place on earth.

Below is a picture of my lovely wife, our spoiled rotten dog Hudson, and of course your's truly.

Untitled by unclekyle, on Flickr

:wave: Uncle Kyle--so good to see you here! I met up at WDW with Dan last December and we remembered the time I met you there (I guess you were doing the CP then). He filled me in that you'd gotten married (& it seems he showed me a photo). Congrats!

And now, a baby!! How exciting! You'd better get some sleep as new baby tend to keep you up in the night! ;) Please come back and fill us in on whether it is a he or a she and all the details that all your Disney aunts will want to know!
I wish you the very best and I hope your wife has a *easy, safe delivery and a healthy baby. You will be a wonderful father--I remember how much you loved your little nephews (who must teens now?).

Take care and thanks for updating and stopping in.

PS I see in your tags about Princess Michelle. I'll be sure to pass your news onto her. So many old timers aren't here anymore. Luckily, I'm in touch with several.

Hello, everyone.

First, my most sincere condolences to Judi (Snoopy), and her boys and family. I hope that you are in good health and doing well.

Second, Dan, thank you for this thread. So many memories I read here.

And UncleKyle. I remember you as a very young Cast Member at WDW so long ago. And now you are going to be a proud papa. Your wife is beautiful. I pray that you and your Dear Wife and your Dear Child will all be happy.

Hi, Buckalew11 and Mary Jo and Barb and Dan.

Ray :)

I'm suffering from some late night insomnia and ended up on the DIS for the first time in at least a year. I just went back through and read this entire thread, gave me such a since of nostalgia and fond memories. I've smiled through every page and had forgotten about all the people I considered my friends on this board. Just wanted to stop in for a quick hello.

First my condolences to Snoppy, I still remember the first time I found out her husband was a Secret Service agent, I had wanted to be one at one time in my life. Thought that was so cool. Prayers for Snoppy and her sons.

As for me, I'm expecting to be a father in less than a week. Wife is due July 28th. Quick rundown of the past 4 years. Proposed to the love of my life at our home DVC resort, Old Key West, back in Sept 07. Married June 08 and honeymooned in Disney of course. My wife tolerates my Disney obsession and she still can't believe we've been together 4 years and she's been to Disney 6 times. Awesome. So now the next chapter in our life begins with a child. We don't know if it's a girl or boy, just doing it the old fashioned way and praying for health.

Thanks again Dan for this great thread. We truly are old school DISer's now. I can't believe there are 2 million threads and 350,000 members! I remember when the boards passed 20,000 members! This was such a great trip down memory lane for something that will always be a special part of my life. I'm very glad to catch up and see everyone. I pray this message finds you all in good health and hopefully you're planning your next trip to the most magical place on earth.

Below is a picture of my lovely wife, our spoiled rotten dog Hudson, and of course your's truly.

Untitled by unclekyle, on Flickr

What a lovely story :goodvibes ... and what a darling photo. You both look very happy and content. Best wishes on the new addition :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter