DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Hi everyone......been back on boards as DS started the Disney College program Monday. Dropped him off, and even though Disney very hard.
Where has the time gone! From Pete helping me while on our first cruise, to
Meeting so many if you at meets or at the DVC resorts. The DIS was a big part of our lives.
Glad to see this thread. Made me smile tonight.

So many fond memories. I must have made over 500 of those DIS buttons through the years.Glad to see at least one survived. Happy Anniversary AngieBelle. I remember your CM days at WDW. Now my daughter is finishing up 8 months in the College Program and will be performing in the Candlelight Processional before starting her professional internship in.guest relations. I wipl be heading to WDW in a couple of weeks to see her and a few of my DIS friends.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

I thought I already commented on this but I dont see it so Im gonna try again. :)
I Loved my Dis pin, Dis Shirt and fanny pack!!! lol lol Do people on Dis still put green ribbons on their things at Disney?? I always wonder when I see a green ribbon while Im there.

Hi again, folks.

I just got to go to Disneyland for my husband's and my first anniversary. I can't believe it's been a whole year. This was our first return to DL since moving to CA. It was wonderful to be "home" again! But it also reminded me how sad I am to no longer be a WDW CM. Don't get me wrong- I love Northern CA which is far most interesting than FL, but no longer being able to hang out at the parks whenever I want to just breaks my heart!

If only the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Fransisco weren't such a pain to drive to from here- that would be the perfect place for me.

I got a job as a puppeteer at a little local family park- it's neat to get to do that sort of thing. I've always wanted to learn puppetry, and we get to be involved in the whole process of creating and performing the shows- although the process seems to be going at a snail's pace at the moment since the park isn't open a lot at this time of year. I've learned to do a one person puppet show of The Three Little Pigs.

I'm still doing community theater. I just got cast in the ensemble of a production of Brigadoon, and I did The Wizard of Oz last summer.

Hi AngieBelle! I can't believe it's been a year already since you married!
Good to hear from you!!

Hi Towncrier. I still have my button :)

I think I was possibly going to go to a DIS Meet but was not able to make it .. can't remember the specifics, it was a long time ago.

But yeah, I still have it :P

Good to see so many familiar names here in this thread.
Every so often, I come back and check things out here on the DIS

:wave2: So nice to see you pw2pp! I actually thought of you the other day when I was trying to remember someone's name! I've never forgotten you *teaching* me yours! lol

No, if I could only remember where I left my keys! :p

Nice to see all these names here. :flower3:

I thought I already commented on this but I dont see it so Im gonna try again. :)
I Loved my Dis pin, Dis Shirt and fanny pack!!! lol lol Do people on Dis still put green ribbons on their things at Disney?? I always wonder when I see a green ribbon while Im there.

And I sold them to you! I still have a few of everything from the old DISshop!

TC, I still have the pin you gave me!!

I still have Spongebob Squarepants here with one of your DATW buttons from those great adventures! Wouldn't trade it for the world. :)

Very cool to see some familiar names from days gone by.

You know what's funny, SSB, is that the bump in the night tag was something you said to me and it's just stuck there as something I've always remembered! It's neat how little things from all those years on the DIS stay with us. :-)

I still have a LGR on my suitcase and the Mickey "paint chip" head as a name tag on my backpack! :lmao: I laugh thinking about how everyone would run to find those Mickeys ...the home stores probably never figured out why the green ones kept disappearing! :rotfl2:

You know what's funny, SSB, is that the bump in the night tag was something you said to me and it's just stuck there as something I've always remembered! It's neat how little things from all those years on the DIS stay with us. :-)

I got my "Anthony's Girl" tag back when there was a group of us who all loooovvvved the Wiggles! We would fight over who loved Anthony the most. :upsidedow Ahhh those were the days. :goodvibes My teenagers probably don't even remember their Wiggles phase.

After a very long absence, I am back! I was not terribly active back in the days but I have always loved hanging out here!

Wow it's been a long time since I posted here. As you can see from my name I've had to reregister since I couldn't remember my password.:rotfl2: So many good memories of many of you. The daily riddle, which led to Riddlecon at Cedar Point where I had the pleasure of meeting many of you :banana: I still remember that Dan lost his hat on one of the coasters and had to go back for it later.
I know that the news is now a couple of years old, but I still cried when I read about Judi's loss and about the loss of other DISers as well.

I remember Dan Murphy from the first Dis meet at WDW. I am remembering it being in 2000. Wow how time flys. I had no idea there were only 200 or so members back when I registered. I did support the site and still have my Dis cup somewhere. Thinking I got a T-shirt also. I am so glad that supporting a new site helped lead to what it is today. I had such a great time with the DIS -- the dessert party at Epcot, The mystery dinner at one of the DD hotels ( I forget which one), meeting some of the dearest Disney loving people was so wonderful. Thanks for keeping the memories alive :)

Patty

Hello DIS World. I really enjoy seeing updates from so many 'friends' from back in the day. That first DIS Con was something else, wasn't it! So fun!! I still keep in touch, mainly on Facebook, with a small posse of DISers from way back when. Barb O., Sandra B., Patrick and Roger, Sam B., Carol H., Jody C., Corinne E., Karen K., Mary S., Brian S., John H., Rachael W., Ray S.Wishing everyone *magical* days.

I am an oldie from years ago. I had to re-register because I forgot my password LOL. The other day DH and I were looking through old Disney pictures and there is one of my son when he was really young on top of Dan Murphy's shoulders. My son is now 15. Brought back a lot of great memories. My old screename was lvs_eeyore.

Haven't been on here for a very long time -- but I'm planning a late October trip, so I've been looking up some info. This month marks my 14th anniversary of registering! Guess that makes me a very, very old-timer! lol :wave2:

It's always fun to see this thread bumped up once again. As one who has stubbornly continued to post here it's nice to see some old names pop up.

CarolAnnC and I spent some time touring the parks last week with TVT and Floydian. Wasn't able to catch up with Cleo as she and Simon had just returned from their Alaska Un-Cruise.

Sent via my iThingy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter