DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

The board started in June, 1997. Then went from something-pop software to VBulletin software in August of 1999. Everyone had to reregister then, but could keep their original screen names. That's why you see a large number of August, 1999 start dates. I had come here in March, 1999. Then, back then, there were frequent 'board crashes' where posters post counts went back to zero, but still maintained start dates and names.

In April, 2000, there was some sort of a board update. I was a co-moderator here on the community board, along with about 5 or 6 others (what a great bunch, so much fun). Alex wanted me to be 'live' on the board when it went 'live' from the update, about 2 AM. I had to reregister at that early time, and that's where my April, 2000 date comes from. Hours later, after the update was stable, others did not have to reregister.

Those certainly were the days, wonderful memories. There are many fewer visitors here than back then. I know the community board used to do 7, sometimes 8 pages of new posts a day. Taking a look now...... about 1 1/2 pages for today, about average for now.

I always enjoy when some of the 'old timers', like you, S, stop by here to say hello.
I remember this and then also remember when I had a quote under my name from the Fairy Godmother. But that also went away when we had to reregister.

Some great news here from our friend Judi (Snoopy)! Judi's son is now the proud dad of a brand new little baby girl, Violet. :cool1:

Violet was born yesterday, January 21st, 5:09 PM. Violet was 7.6 pounds, 21 inches. Mom and dad are doing great. As is Gran Judi, who is definitely on Cloud 9 with joy! :cloud9: Judi said she is all set for her new role in life, grandparenting.

Congratulations all around, Gran Judi!!!

“Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
—Winnie the Pooh

Some great news here from our friend Judi (Snoopy)! Judi's son is now the proud dad of a brand new little baby girl, Violet. :cool1:

Violet was born yesterday, January 21st, 5:09 PM. Violet was 7.6 pounds, 21 inches. Mom and dad are doing great. As is Gran Judi, who is definitely on Cloud 9 with joy! :cloud9: Judi said she is all set for her new role in life, grandparenting.

—Winnie the Pooh

Congrats to Judi!! Thanks Dan for sharing. :love:

—Winnie the Pooh

Great news and Congratulations to Judi!! There is nothing like a granddaughter. <3

Congrats Judi! Remember that you have 3 years to get your DGD to WDW for free admission!;)

—Winnie the Pooh

How exciting! Congratulations to Judi and the whole family! Grandchildren are the best!

—Winnie the Pooh

Congratulations to her and her family! How exciting! 🎉 I hope she lives fairly close.

Hi Dan! 🥰

—Winnie the Pooh

Congratulations Gran Snoopy! Having a grand baby is wonderful! Ann aka Snuggles

—Winnie the Pooh

Congrats, Judi!! Being a grandparent is the best!! Hugs to all of the family.

I haven't been on in a long time. I haven't actually been to Disney World in years. Once I started back to work in public education, and then covid, and then life......I stopped going.

Well, we are here this week, staying at Bonnet Creek, and loving being back at the parks!

Our 5 year old (came to us at age 2.5 over Covid as a foster) is now fully adopted and it is his first time in the parks. We have our 25 year old son and our 5 year old son (oldest and youngest) with us. The other two boys are away at college.

Another reason we didn't come down for the last 3 years it because getting permission to take our (now) 5 year old out of the state was too difficult. They didn't even want to give us permission to take him to the beach in South Carolina (we live in North Carolina) due to Covid. We had to push back a bit and assure them it was a BEACH and we wouldn't let him get close to people to get Covid.

Once he was adopted he did indeed get Covid (we all did) after visiting TN, but hey, at that point he was fully adopted and it wasn't as much of an issue.

Last edited:
I haven't been on in a long time. I haven't actually been to Disney World in years. Once I started back to work in public education, and then covid, and then life......I stopped going.

Well, we are here this week, staying at Bonnet Creek, and loving being back at the parks!

Our 5 year old (came to us at age 2.5 over Covid as a foster) is not fully adopted and it is his first time in the parks. We have our 25 year old son and our 5 year old son (oldest and youngest) with us. The other two boys are away at college.

Another reason we didn't come down for the last 3 years it because getting permission to take our (now) 5 year old out of the state was too difficult. They didn't even want to give us permission to take him to the beach in South Carolina (we live in North Carolina) due to Covid. We had to push back a bit and assure them it was a BEACH and we wouldn't let him get close to people to get Covid.

Once he was adopted he did indeed get Covid (we all did) after visiting TN, but hey, at that point he was fully adopted and it wasn't as much of an issue.
Great to see you here on the oldtimers thread, Dawn. And congratualtions on your adoption of your little now 5 year old. :cool1: That's wonderful!! Enjoy your trip there back to WDW. Looks like great weather! :beach: 😎

Hi all! I joined in 1999 and still check in. I miss the “old Disney”. My first visit was in 1973, a greyhound bus ride from Pennsylvania. We are still DVC owners and had a trip planned in April 2020. We all know what happened then. I am having a hard time deciding to go back one more time or remember what Disney once was.

Hi all! I joined in 1999 and still check in. I miss the “old Disney”. My first visit was in 1973, a greyhound bus ride from Pennsylvania. We are still DVC owners and had a trip planned in April 2020. We all know what happened then. I am having a hard time deciding to go back one more time or remember what Disney once was.
You are DVC owners? Are you using your points for other things like the Disney HH resort?
I am here now after 7 years or so of not coming to the parks. It is definitely different, but I still love it.

Hello, hello! Guess who? Life sure has tossed us around. But we still love our Disney trips. We have a motorhome and camp at Fort Wilderness. I've got a muscle disease that now keeps me from being very active. I'm a scooter driving Disney guest! We've got two trips coming up! We'll be at the Fort in September, then we'll be hanging around Florida for a month and stop back for a Disney trip with two of our grands. Fun times for sure!! It's so nice to see some familiar names here.

Hello, hello! Guess who? Life sure has tossed us around. But we still love our Disney trips. We have a motorhome and camp at Fort Wilderness. I've got a muscle disease that now keeps me from being very active. I'm a scooter driving Disney guest! We've got two trips coming up! We'll be at the Fort in September, then we'll be hanging around Florida for a month and stop back for a Disney trip with two of our grands. Fun times for sure!! It's so nice to see some familiar names here.
I am DVC and cautiously excited about DVC FW Cabins that will allow dogs.

We are in our late 70’s and are also Scooter Driving Disney Guests!

Enjoy your upcoming trips.

I'm ready to race! Love you, Barb.:love::moped::moped::moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter