DIS 'WISH' Challenge UPDATE Clipart example added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
i just started atkins today- I am tired of loosing the same 10 lbs over and over again- I am hoping this will work.

I also never like how i look in my disney pictures - so my goal is to be 37 lbs lighter by my next trip .

but my most important reason to loose weight is because i have been on blood pressure medication for 2 months now and wish to be off it someday.
Hypertension runs rampid is my family. MOst of my family starts bp medication in thier 30's
I amd 38 and
Though I am not extremely overweight- I am 5'9" and 177 lbs-
I am hoping that getting down to a healthier wieght of 140LB will do the trick

Any eating suggestions while i am in the Induction stage will be greatly appreciated!!!

I am ready to start the challenge! I will be eating sensibly and using The Firm tapes I purchased six months ago (and which have been gathering dust in the basement ever since).

OK, by adding to this thread, I will officially commit to starting the South Beach Diet. I have read lots on SBD and have found excuse after excuse not to start at various times this summer but now is the time. I really think I can do this and I know with DIS support I will not have an excuse.

I may be full of questions as I start so have patience with me, ok?

Elise

I'm reposting to this thread because when I originally joined back in April I was not fully committed and did not stick with it. Trying to do it on my own was getting me nowhere. Not only did I not lose, but gained about five pounds. I finally realized that I need more support and motivation to stick with it. Years ago the pounds use to just fly off after watching what I ate for a week or two. Not anymore, age, change in hormones, and a more sedentary life-style have taken their toll. I'm tired of my clothes always being too tight and uncomfortable. I've flip-flopped diets for two long. I know the low carb diets work best for me, as I always shed a few pounds right away, look better and feel better, but never stick to the plan the way I'm suppose to and end up falling off the wagon and regaining the weight. I don't have a large amount to lose, about 18-20 pounds, but sometimes it feels like 10 times that much with how hard it is for me to lose it. Call it laziness, lack or motivation, or who knows what, but hopefully this time I can do it. I'm going to do the South Beach diet, as it allows more carbs initially than Atkins, which seems to be part of by problem, as the thought of absolutely no carbs for two weeks seemed impossible to me. At least I can have some nuts and more salad on the SBD. We're going to WDW in October, so I have something to work toward. I'd love for my clothes to be a little loose when we go, rather than straining at the seams, and leaving roadprints on my stomach from the tight waistband and zipper.:D

Hi,

My name is Deb and I'm from Maine. I'm a lifetime WW member who has lost/gained weight over the years. I recently heard that my father is on the Atkins Diet and I think I am going to try that. Is there a web-site that show's the diet?

I need all the help that I can get. I have 40 lbs to lose.

Well, I've decided to become official and take the WISH challenge! I'm one of those people who goes on a diet only to have the weight come back with a vengeance six months later. I turned 40 recently and decided it was time for a lifestyle change if I want to see 50. I don't just want to lose the weight, I want to keep it off and eat better. My SO and I both started on the South Beach diet two weeks ago and have had great results. I haven't started exersising yet but intend to do so when I lose a little more weight. In the past that has consisted of walking and lifting weights, which is probably what I will go back to as my energy level increases (which it has already begun to do). It's great that there is a group like this where we can all support and help each other.

OK- I'm in. I am a WW drop-out, never reaching my goal weight but have been successful in losing 40 lbs, which I have gained back. My class reunion is next month, and our trip to BWV is in November. I'd like to be thinner for both of those events, and I need all the help I can get.

Going back to the WW plan, as it has worked for me. Wish me luck!

Hi!
I am new to the boards. I just restarted WW yesterday after gaining back the 26 pounds I lost last year. I am going to Disney with my family, (DH, DS, DD and parents) in January, 2004 and need to get myself in better shape. I am hoping to lose 15 pounds by November and another 10 by the time trip comes. So far I am doing well....but it has only been 2 days and I am very weak. :(

Looking forward to giving and getting some much needed support from others in a similar situation.:)

I want to join the DIS 'WISH' Challenge! I will be doing WW since it has worked for me in the past. My longtime goal is 45 lbs., but for now I would like to lose 15 by Xmas. I will be going to Disney in 30 days and have lost 10 lbs already!

Karen

I am 6 months away from being 40 and need to feel good about myself.

I have been on every diet there is and everytime I reach my goal, it piles back on.

I started the Atkins Diet today and know from experience how hard the next two weeks will be. I am determined to sit this one out til the end. Wish me luck !!

Holly

Hi
I'm new to the WISH Board and I'm ready for the Challenge:D

I would like to loose 70lb:eek: by Aug 2004 which is when we go back to Disney. I'm 37 I am trying to eat healthy foods, count calories and exercise more.

Helen

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the WIsh Board. I'm curently on the Atkins Diet.
I'm taking a cruise in March 2004 and my goal is to lose 4 inches by the time of the cruise.

Looking forward to getting some support from the board.
I actually got a few of the recipes of the board and made them already.

Thanks

<b>njcarita</b> Welcome to the DIS and a special welcome to WISH. I'm really glad that you found us and decided to join us here.

I follow the Atkins plan, too and I love it. Lots of other WISHers follow the Atkins plan or a similar low carbohydrate eating plan. If you have any questions about the program all you have to do is ask and you will receive many speedy replies.

I hope you will visit often.

<b>T Bell</b> Welcome to WISH, I'm so glad you found us. I think you're going to like it here, lots of other WISHers are "eating sensibly" and I'll bet you will benefit from their expertise.

Don't be shy, now. Participate often, it's helpful to all of us when you do that.

<b>ColoradoBuffaloMom</b> Welcome to WISH, Elise. I'm so glad you decided to join us.

Lots of WISHers follow the South Beach Diet, so if you have any questions about the program all you have to do is ask. Help is always available, here on WISH. Visit us often and join in the discussion. I'm just tickled that you will be part of my support group, now.

<b>TeresaNJ</b> Reaffirming our goals and plans is an excellent idea. I'm glad you posted here again, it's very inspirational to me.

Do you want me to change your start date on the roster?

<b>WshUpnASta</b> Welcome to WISH, I'm so glad you found the DIS. I follow the Atkins way of eating too and so do many other WISHers. You can find some excellent information about low carbohydrate eating at www.atkinscenter.com. I use the information found there a lot and find it very helpful.

I hope you will visit WISH often, Deb. I have found WISH to be very helpful to me, I'm sure it will help you too.

<b>Grog</b> It's so great to see you here. Lots of other WISHers are following the South Beach Diet, so I know you will find lots of program help if you need it.

I'm just tickled that you are part of my support group now. The support group is such a help to me and I'm sure you will find it helpful, too.

<b>leanne2255</b> Welcome to WISH. We have lots of WISHers following the WW plan. Be sure and share any recipes and advice you have with them--they will always be here to help you, too.

Visit us often, please. Participating on WISH is a very empowering experience.

<b>lts862</b> Welcome to the DIS and a special welcome to WISH. I'm glad to see you are joining us.

We have lots of WW WISHers who are always ready to help someone along the road to goal. In fact, the support found on WISH is rather nondenominational. Everyone is ready and willing to help fellow WISHers no matter what program they follow.

I think you're going to like it here, visit often.

<b>#1 Disney Dork</b> I'm so glad you found the DIS! Welcome to WISH. Visit often, there are many WISHers following WW and will be here to help you along to road to goal.

I'll bet you do great with this.

<b>onlyholly</b> I'm glad you decided to join us. I follow the Atkins plan, too and so do many other WISHers. If you have any questions about the program or just need support don't hesitate to ask. The WISH support group will be here for you.

<b>sadeeyore</b> Thanks for posting here, too. Now you are an official WISHer.

Losing 70 pounds in one year sounds pretty reasonable to me. I'll just list your eating plan as "eating sensibly". Is that alright?

Visit often!

<b>gnome1b</b> Welcome to the DIS and a special welcome to WISH. I think you have set a very reasonable goal. Losing 4 inches altogether? Sounds "doable" to me.

Visit WISH often and I have no doubt you will reach your goal by March, 2004.

<i>I'm glad to see so many new members joining my support group. I hope everyone of you can visit often. No lurking allowed, either. Join in the discussions, offer support to others and you will gain motivation and strength for yourself.</i>

You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own Wovenwonder telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>

Let's get started, then. You are all on your way to goal and your new WISH support group is going to help you get there, you're going to do just great, I'm sure of it.

Katholyn

I would like to join the challenge. I am currently doing the Weight Watchers at Work program but am not able to attend all the meetings. I have lost 12 lbs so far and will keep updating as to future progress.

Thanks for the support!

After all this time I just came across this thread by reading about it in another post. I don't know why but I've never read this thread. So to make it official, here's a little bit about me.

I had tried and stopped the WW program twice before starting it on my own on 7/16/03. I was visiting the WISH board but then stopped. I returned for the following reasons: I'm tired of not being happy with the way I look, I want to be healthier, I hate dressing up b/c I don't like the way I look and I dread the sizes I will have to try on, I want to lose weight before I think of having another baby and because I have 3 weddings over the next year, one of them I'm in which is my brother's wedding in October! Sooooo, I started back on WW on 7/16 which has been working great for me and I've also started a regular exercise plan using WATP. So far, I've lost 15.6 lbs and I think I have to lose an additional 5.9 to have reached the goal of losing my first 10%. I'll still have more to go after that 10% but I find that setting smaller goals works best for me rather than one big goal that seems so far away. I post on the journals board because I feel accountable for how I am doing.

This board has been good for me because I can come here for ideas and support.

I have to agree with you. When you look at the big picture, it can be totally overwhelming.

I have joined the Onderland Challenge and it is a goal that is realistic and even attainable. I too found out about this site while on another board.

I have one beautiful boy and am taking him on his first (hopefully of many) WDW adventure in June 2004. There will be 6 kids (ages 3-14) and 4 other "grown-ups" in the group I am going with and I want to be able to keep up with them.

Good luck to you!

This is an awesome board for support and ideas. I joined WISH a few weeks ago. I have lost 5lbs to date. Not much but a start. I am on WW and have been writing down everything regularly and have started WATP. I am wondering though, how do you get all the cool clippies. I really like the onederlander club. Also, I'd like to have one for my 5lb accomplishment. Can anyone help me out? Also, Nativetxn, you rock. You're the biggest cheerleader here and I enjoy all your positive encouragement to everyone!

Nativetxn
Thanks for the encouraging words. Listing my eating plan as "eating sensibly" would be great. I'm looking forward to visiting WISH often.
Helen:D

Hi all! I would like to participate in the WISH Challenge.

I've just had my second child and I am DYING to get rid of some weight. I think about it every second. I am 20 lbs. heavier than I was when I had my first born. I am close to 50 lbs. heavier than I was when I graduated high school. I'm thinking that I will set my short term goal at 20, and my long term at 30. After all...high school was 10 years ago.

I haven't decided if I'm going to go on any 'plan.' I get so worried that I won't stick with it & then I'll end up gaining. I CAN NOT GAIN ANYMORE WEIGHT. I will cry. I've been exercising pretty regularly just lately. Some cardio...some weights. I seem to just be gaining....ughhhhh......

I hope to visit often!!!!

I'm so glad to see more new WISH friends joining us :)

<b>JoshMom5</b> Welcome to the DIS and a special welcome to WISH. I'm really glad you found us and decided to join my support group.

We have several WISHers who follow the excellent WW program but do not attend the meetings. You can share ideas and motivation with them.

<b>cinmell</b> I'm so glad to see you here! Welcome to WISH, Cindy, I hope you will continue to visit us often.

How great that you are having good success with WW. We have many WISHers following that program and they love it. You will find lots of support here from all WISHers regardless of plan.

<b>jmkst58</b> It's great to see you here. I'll just list your eating plan as "eating sensibly" you will join many other WISHers who eat that way. I so admire anyone who can do that and lose weight. I don't seem to have the talent for it but we have many WISHers who are having wonderful success.

Welcome to WISH, I hope you will visit often.

<i>I love welcoming new WISH members to my support group. The support group is the best part of WISH. Composed of men and women following all different kinds of eating plans, the support group is always here to encourage and help their fellow WISHers. All they ask in return is that you are there to help <i>them</i> if they ask.</i>

You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own Wovenwonder telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>

Now no fair lurking! When you participate on WISH you help all of us and you especially help yourself.

Onward and downward, my new friends.

Katholyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter