DIS 'WISH' Challenge UPDATE Clipart example added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Doreen. I've been on the DIS boards for over a year now, but have just decided to join all you WISHers! I've seen all the clipart and .... I wanna lose weight and feel healthy so I can brag too!! <grin>

Three years ago I lost 20 lbs using Atkins and other low-carb programs. I felt GREAT and lost my acid reflux problem.

I have been struggling with depression for a few months. I know that's no excuse for eating the wrong stuff but my weight is creeping up and I know that my poor eating habits are just one more thing I beat myself up about.

So, I hereby declare that I am back on the low-carb bandwagon as of today. Breakfast was 2 sticks of mozzarella string cheese and some macadamia nuts! My current stats are 5'2" and 142 lbs. Goal - I don't know - 135 sounds nice. I really want to be comfortable in size 10 clothes - whatever weight that is.

I'll be starting a WISH journal. I'm hoping you all will help me and inspire me. I'll do my best to motivate you and support you and share what knowledge I have and what's worked for me.

Best of luck to all of us!!

I'm official, too. I'm also hoping to see if my Member Clippie is working. I'm trying to make healthier choices in my food selections and am committed to working out 4-5 times a week. I started last Wed (8/20) and am on target. I really want to loose 10-15 pounds but want to start with the exercise first. If after a few weeks, I'm not loosing with the exercise, I'll have to seriously look at my diet.

Thanks to all of you and Good Luck Losers! Yippee!

Thanks for the welcome Nativetxn!

Lissa

I'm taking the plunge! I am a former WW lifetime member who gained her 35 pounds all back plus a few more. I keep trying to get started again and can't seem to stay motivated - so I decided to go a different direction and started the South Beach diet today!

I'm starting at 185. I'm heading to 150 as my goal, but would like to go lower - depends on how my clothes are fitting!

If so, sign me up!!! I have quite a bit to lose, and could use all the encouragement I can get!!! I started WW on 8/5, and have lost 7 lbs so far. I am following the plan pretty well, but I know I need to exercise too, and don't have a whole lot of motivation to do so. I even brought a WATP DVD, but haven't even looked at it yet, let alone tried it.

Hope to get alot of support, and give some too!!!

It's time to face it. I want to join. I've tried just about every diet out there and have been successful at each one(WW,adkins, carb addicts,slim fast,diet workshop,etc) It's just when I get within 5-10 of goal, I slowly go back to my old ways and bam! Here comes the pounds! Each time I've successfully taken off anywhere from 20-45 lbs. At the end of May, I began to do the Carb Addicts diet and exercise 4 times a week. I wanted to take off about 35 lbs, and at least 10 by our July Disney trip. I was able to take the 10 off by the end of June, but broke my ankle. That cancelled our trip and has had me laid up and off work since then. I've been doing nothing but sitting and eating(I couldn't put any weight on foot until this week). I've dreaded stepping on the scale, but did so today. I've gained back those 10 lbs and 15 more. I am at my heaviest I've ever been and need to do something about it. I'm also realizing I might soon be back to work and have a uniform I need to fit into. I knew I had put on the weight when my underwear started cutting into me. I haven't decided if I want to try WW because I have all the old info or if I want to do the Carb addicts diet. I love my carbs and really like having that reward meal. I know I will begin Pilates tapes again. I liked the results I received from those exercises. I also will begin to start walking after I get this silly air cast off my leg. Now that I've made these decisions,what do I do here? I hear talks about journals, weigh ins, check ins. I can't wait to get the clip art, but that could be a challenge in itself. I'm not too smart with the computer. Wish me luck and thanks ahead of time. I can see from all the posts that there is so much encouragement, support and help. For all of those who have already taken the challenge, keep up the good work. My overall is goal is 60 lbs.(yikes!) . I would like to have at least 20-25 lbs. by Christmas and hopefully at least 40lbs by our next Disney trip next summer.

Hi my name is Jennifer, and I am new to DIS Boards and the Wish journals. I have started a journal of my very own and am looking forward to participating in this exciting forum. Its definitely time to put aside the excuses and rationalizations and JUST DO IT! My goal is to get back into a size 8 (right now I am a Woman's size 16/18), and I have a long way to go. But, as they say, every journey begins with a first step. You guys have given me the motivation to take the plunge. THANK YOU! I hope to hear from anyone who cares to comment on my journal and progress - I need all the help I can get!

Jennifer

Well, I'm home again. Nine days at WDW just fly by, don't they? I see I have some more new members for my support group. I'm so glad to see everyone.

<b>pixiechick</b> Thanks for posting here, too. Now you are all official. Lots of WISHers follow Atkins or other controlled carbohydrate plans so you will have a lot of information and advice about the program if you need. Don't be shy about asking question and offering help to others. That is part of the magic of WISH. It is so empowering when you participate here.

I'm glad you took the challenge and I hope to see you on WISH often.

<b>DoeWDW</b> I'm so glad that you decided to join us. You will find that many WISHers follow a low carb eating plan and have had great success with it. I'll bet you do too.

The support group here is just wonderful, we're always here when you need us and now we can count on <i>you</i> being here if we need your help, too. I'm really glad to know it.

<b>Cinderelli</b> Welcome to WISH! It's great to see you here. I'm going to list your plan as "eating sensibly", will that be alright? Many WISHers are being very successful at eating sensibly and I know they are ready and willing to help you reach your goal.

I think it's great that you are taking control while you still have less than 20 pounds to lose. Wish I had done that. I hope you will visit WISH often and join in whenever you can, it's really helpful.

<b>disykat</b> I'm really glad you decided to join us. There are several other WISHers who also follow the South Beach Diet so if you have any questions about the program, all you have to do is ask and you will receive many speedy replies.

WISH has been a very positive and helpful place for me, I'll bet you find it helpful, too. Visit often and you will see how motivating our support group can be.

<b>t2simon</b> Of course, there's room for you. There is always room for one more WISHer. If it is encouragement you need you have definitely come to the right place.

I'm glad you took the challenge because now you are part of my support group. I depend on my support group a lot to encourage and motivate me. These wonderful people will do the same for you, just wait and see.

I'm glad to know that you plan to offer support to others. That is so important here on WISH, supporting and helping each other makes WISH a magical place. Don't let the amount of weight you want to lose discourage you. I had over 100 pounds to lose when <i>I</i> took the challenge and many other WISHers did too. You are not alone, so visit WISH as often as you can.

<b>rafikimom</b> I'm so glad to see you here. Welcome to WISH.

Now, first of all:

That cancelled our trip

I'm sorry to hear that you broke your ankle. I know that is a very painful injury and I hope you are 100% painfree, now. But...these trips are <i>never</i> cancelled, only postponed. You <i>will</i> have your trip, just next summer, instead of this summer ;-)

Let me know when you decide which plan you are going to follow. I like to add the plan when I add you to our member roster. Once you find a plan that works best for you that is half the battle, I think.

I think you're going to like it here, WISH is a wonderful place and I hope you can visit everyday.

<b>MKbound</b> Welcome to the DIS and a very special welcome to WISH. I'm so glad that you have decided to join us.

Will you be following any particular eating plan or will you be "eating sensibly". No matter which plan you follow, I can just about guarantee you that there are other WISHers following the same plan. There are WISHers following just about every plan that exists. That makes our support group a very effective motivating tool. Now you will be part of my support group and I'm so glad. Please visit as often as you can.

<i>It makes me smile to see so many new members joining my support group. I think all of you will find that is the best part of WISH--our support group. Composed of men and women following just about every eating plan ever devised, the support group is ready to help you along that road to goal, always ready to help. All that they ask in return is that you help <i>them</i> if they ask. It is a pretty good deal.</i>

You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own Wovenwonder telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>

<i>Well, let's get started. You are all on your way to goal now and you are going to reach that goal, just wait and see. Every one of your new WISH friends plans to help you do that, I promise.</i>

Katholyn

Hi Everyone , Wow looks like a lot more have joined you Katholyn.. I am getting ready to start my second 6 weeks . I am hoping with fall arriving it will kick my butt in gear ! altho 15 lbs isn't a bad thing in 6 weeks .. Best of luck to everyone.. Michelle

I started the south beach diet on 8/25, I want to loose 20 lbs by the end of the year and a total of 45 lbs by next summer.
I am really exited about it, and have a very supportive husband who is doing a modified version with me.

Hi,

Well I am Nathalie Kaye (nattyk) I live in Woking, England I am 30 and have 2 kids - Amy who is 2 1/2 (3 at xmas) and Joshua who is 5mts - hence me needing to diet!!!

I started SBD last Sunday, after reading about it on here!!! so a week tomorrow - my starting weight was 12st5lb I am now 11stone12lb so that is 7lbs off in 1wk - yipeeeee.

I have found SBD very easy and have not missed carbs as much as I thought - had 2 things this week which I should not which was frappe coffee with vanilla syrup (full of sugar!!!) otherwise I have been very good.

Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else.

Thanks
nat
:Pinkbounc

Well Hello, I was just surfing around this site and saw this ! It's a great idea to help others! well me myself i have just started Atkins about 2 weeks ago. so far i have lost 11 lbs! I am very excited. To lose weight is a big deal for me seeing how i am still a teenage boy so i get lots of preassure to look my best. Hopeing for the best! Thanks for all.

<b>christinou</b> It's great to see you here. There are several other WISHers who follow the South Beach Diet and love it. If you have any questions about the program all you have to do is ask and you will receive many speedy replies. I imagine you will have information and advice to share, too.

I hope you can visit WISH often. No fair lurking either. When you participate on WISH is it helpful to all of us.

<b>nattyk</b> Welcome to the DIS and a very special welcome to WISH. I'm glad you decided to join us.

I see you follow the South Beach Diet, too. That's great. You're going to find lots of support and information here, so I hope you can visit everyday.

We have a chat this evening at 7PM GMT. I hope you can join us.

<b>flounder77</b> Welcome to the DIS and to WISH. I'm very glad you found us and I hope you can visit often.

Many WISHers follow the Atkins plan so if you have any questions about the program all you have to do is ask, someone will be there to help. I think you're going to like it here, WISH is a fun and helpful place.

<i>You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own Wovenwonder telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>.</i>

I love meeting new members of my support group. The WISH support group is the best part of WISH and it is composed of men and women who follow all different kinds of eating plans. They are always here to offer help, support, information and encouragement when you need it. They count on <i>you</i> helping <i>them</i> if they need it, too.

Let's get started, then. We're on our way to goal now and we'll help each other along the way. Remember to visit WISH as often as you can and participate. It is helpful for everyone when you participate on WISH, I think you will find that participating here helps keep you motivated and determined. It's an interesting phenomenon :)

Onward and downward!

Katholyn

I am starting my South Beach (again) tomorrow. It worked excellent for me, ummm..that was until I went off it and boy did I go off it! lol

Well, I want to say GOOD LUCK to everyone and Flounder77, I know A LOT of successful people who tried the Atkins diet so I'll definitely be rooting for you!

I am starting my South Beach (again) tomorrow. It worked excellent for me, ummm..that was until I went off it and boy did I go off it! lol

Well, I want to say GOOD LUCK to everyone and Flounder77, I know A LOT of successful people who tried the Atkins diet so I'll definitely be rooting for you!

I've been lurking this board for months now. You all are such an inspiration for each other and that's great!

I'll be using my own "plan" (not WW or Atkins, etc). Just eating low fat with good veggies and fruits. I have about 45 pounds to lose.

I'll post my full story in a separate thread, but wanted to post here to ensure that I made the commitment in public.

Ok I want to join! I am a GBS (gastric bypass surgery) dieter and I have 94 more pounds to lose(give or take a few I need to get another weigh in done at the Dr's office)
My diet is similiar to that of atkins with the high protein first, then fiber and vitamins, etc. I am still learning what I can and cannot tolerate, it's been quite the adventure I might add!
So far I have gone from a size 24 down to an 18! I've lost around 31 lbs (give or take a few ) and I feel pretty darn good! I take my daily vitamins, calcium and biotin and get a B12 shot once a month. The iron makes me too sick so I quit taking that, but I try to eat food rich in iron and my vitamin has enough in it.

Do I need to post anything else?

Count me in!! I had started back on Atkins in May and lost 15 of the 30 pounds I needed to lose. We went on vacation in July for 3 weeks and I kind fell off the wagon (ouch!) while we were gone and never got back on. I gained back 5 of the 15 I had lost. I have been reading about the South Beach Diet and I think I will give it a try. It seems to allow more variety after the first 2 weeks than Atkins.

Good luck and great health to all here!!

What a great way for support! Please count me in...I'm not on any particular fad-type diet, I just want to watch calories, fat & carbs.

I didn't realize I needed to post here to be an official member, but here I am!:D Weight Watchers is the plan for me and let's hope onward and downward is in my future. I love reading everyone's successes and struggles as it helps me realize I'm not alone!

<b>LoriZH</b> I'm happy to see you here, very glad you decided to join us. There are several other WISHers following the South Beach Plan and have been having wonderful success with it. You have a ready made group to help you with the program and I'm sure you will have help to offer them too.

Welcome to WISH. I hope you will visit often.

<b>CALIFLADY</b> Thanks for posting here too. Now you are an official WISHer and I'm glad. I'm going to list your plan as "eating sensibly" on the roster if that is alright with you. We have lots of WISHers who "eat sensibly" and they have been have great success doing that, too.

No lurking allowed anymore, my new friend. I want you to join in with the discussions here, you will be amazed at how motivating it is to participate on WISH. Besides, you've lurked long enough, don't you think? :)

<b>~Sparkly~Zoe</b> I'm so glad you decided to join us. You are now an official WISHer. Sounds like you are getting the hang of your new lifestyle and doing that isn't as easy as it sounds in the articles, is it? Lots of new things to learn.

My mother had her entire stomach removed last December and being normal weight at the time, she has been slowly starving. I saw her today at the hospital and told her that you have learned to wait 5 minutes between bites. She is going to try that and see if it won't help her to not get so sick every time she tries to eat. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm just tickled that you are part of my support group. I hope you can visit often.

<b>rtwhite</b> Welcome to WISH! Are you a native Texan, too? I'm glad you decided to join us. Lots of WISHers follow the South Beach Diet so if you have any questions about the program all you need to do is ask and you will receive many speedy replies.

Visit WISH as often as you can, it's a very helpful place.

<b>TinkKel</b> Welcome to the DIS and a special welcome to WISH. It's great to see you here. I'll just list your plan as eating sensibly.

Visit WISH often and be sure to participate. It is helpful to us all when you participate, here.

<b>Pooh93</b> That's okay. You were on WISH when the challenge started so I'm gonig to show your start date as 2/1/03 if that's alright. My only guide for creating the roster is the challenge thread so that's why I left you off the roster, again. I'm going to add you now.

<i>I'm so glad to meet all of you. I love meeting new WISHers.

You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own Wovenwonder telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b></i>

Let's get started, then. You have your plans, your goals and now you have WISH. The WISH support group is always ready to help you along the road to goal. If you need help, all you need to do is ask and in return all we ask is that <i>you</i> help <i>us</i> if we ask. A pretty good deal.

Onward and downward, my new friends. You are on your way to goal and nothing is going to stop you now!

Katholyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter