DISappearing Peeps...A fastpass to THIN! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendy, I know that you said that about yourself... but, why do others say that about us (me)? I'm 5'6, and 4 years ago, I went from about 200 in August of 2003 to about 140ish in July 2004. Granted, in August 2003 I broke up with my boyfriend-yes, the one that just left me in August for his now-wife (gee... August is a GREAT month for me) ,- graduated college, moved home and really didn't do anything for a month. And that's all people told me, was that I looked sick. Here, I am, finally happy with a number I see, and happy with how I feel, and people are telling me that I look sick, especially family. WTH?! Maybe they become so accustom to us being "bigger" than when we are "smaller", that it doesn't look right. :confused3 Anyone have any insight?

Because family members are doo-doo heads! At least mine are. Plus my family members are chubby girls and possibly a little jealous of threatened at the time? :confused3

The charts are just a guideline. This I know. Go with what is healthy for you.

Still my goal is 165-170 or size 9/10 then I'll re-evaluate. Keeping it off or not letting it get out of hand or not getting pregnant is the real battle. No, I had a hysterectomy so the odds are in my favor ;)

By the way...you look BEAUTIFUL! You don't look sick!!!!

WHATEVER!!!!!!!

Sit DOWN Ladies (and Aaron ;) )

Our this week's total was -55.9

which makes our grand total so far this year.....

100.7!!!!!!

:banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :wizard: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :worship:

SANDY JUST CALLED!

She finished the half marathon!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

And they were out of medals! :sad2:

They will send her one but shes disappointed she wont be able to wear it in the parks while shes there. I dont blame her! (I mean really....dont they know how many people were signed up to run?) :confused3

She also said to tell you that Allie and her DD both finished the 5K in one hour! :cheer2:

GO, GIRLS!!!

YAY Sandy!!!!! Our Hero! Bummer they ran out of medals! That just BLOWS!

Is there any other LoW Carb-er's out there? Besides me Mo and Bo???

I have a killer low-carb pizza recipe I found on LowCarbFriends.com...it isn't for the calorie counters or ww, I don't think because of the pepperoni and bacon and sausage and cheese....(feel your cholesterol rising) but it's a special treat and my kids actually loved it! No, there's no funky flour or tofu involved. I can post it here or PM it if anyone wants it.

DEEP DISH PIZZA

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce (I used the kind in a can)
1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.
Dash of garlic pepper or garlic powder and some Italian seasoning for top of pizza

In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the eggs until the mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread the cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below). Bake at 375º 20-25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool completely on a wire rack. When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan. Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen. Keep the crust in the pan. This makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later. Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time.

Spread the chilled crust with the pizza sauce, then the cheese and toppings of your choice. Lightly sprinkle with the seasonings of your choice. Bake at 375º about 15-20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

Makes 8 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 304 Calories; 25g Fat; 17g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

I don't recommend making this in a metal baking pan as it will stick making the pizza very difficult to remove and the pan very hard to clean.

I think I may have discovered the secret to a crispy crust. I left the baked crust uncovered in the refrigerator for several hours. I think that allowed it to dry out a bit so that it became crisp during the second baking with the toppings. I was able to pick the pizza up in my hands.

NOTE: If you lightly grease the pan and line it with parchment paper, you'll have no trouble removing the pizza from the pan later. Greasing the pan makes the parchment stick to it so you can easily spread the crust batter.

oh, i'm so proud of our girls!!!!!!! that's just so awesome. :goodvibes

if i was sandy somebody would be getting an earfull about me not having a medal after i finished busting my butt!!!!!

Wendy, I know that you said that about yourself... but, why do others say that about us (me)? I'm 5'6, and 4 years ago, I went from about 200 in August of 2003 to about 140ish in July 2004. Granted, in August 2003 I broke up with my boyfriend-yes, the one that just left me in August for his now-wife (gee... August is a GREAT month for me) ,- graduated college, moved home and really didn't do anything for a month. And that's all people told me, was that I looked sick. Here, I am, finally happy with a number I see, and happy with how I feel, and people are telling me that I look sick, especially family. WTH?! Maybe they become so accustom to us being "bigger" than when we are "smaller", that it doesn't look right. :confused3 Anyone have any insight?

maybe you need to just get a little tan going and that'll make you look healthier!

WAY TO GO SANDY!!!!!!!!!

WOOO HOOOTY SANDY AND ALLIE!!!

Hey Everybody~ thanks for the Birthday Wishes! I am having a great day!:goodvibes

Wow wait to go Sandy and her team :thumbsup2
Happy Birthday Pixie
it is just a slow lazy day at my house I mean lazy:sad2: my knee is killing me and to put any pressure on it hurts. I HATE OSTEO_ARTHRITIS
i am only 32 why does it feel like i am 90 yrs old sorry i am just in a depressing, ranting mood ..:headache:

Way to go on the weight loss everyone;)

oh, i'm so proud of our girls!!!!!!! that's just so awesome. :goodvibes

if i was sandy somebody would be getting an earfull about me not having a medal after i finished busting my butt!!!!!

If I have enough energy - I'm going to...

:cool1: Way to go Sandy and Allie & Daughter!:cool1:

Thanks for believing in me - everyone - and Monica, thanks for giving the info!

:cheer2:You guys ROCK!!!!!::cheer2:

WOOO HOOOTY SANDY AND ALLIE!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~~
and many more!!

Hey Everybody~ thanks for the Birthday Wishes! I am having a great day!:goodvibes

I'm vwey==very tired!! My eyse, brain, and fingers are not functioning correctly! eesh!

My first mile I did it in 12 min! :faint: I slowed down, that coulda killed me!! got to the magic kingdom and thought "I may never pass this way again" so I took pictures of pooh and me, Fairy Godmother and me - slowed down for the official photos - and stopped to pee in Frontierland, in a real potty thank you very much - - with A/C wooHOO!! but that took 4 min - felt lolonger!!

Mile 6 was the first sweep - we were told we were 7 - 8 min ahead of sweepers, and I was being passed right and left by walkers - honest I tried to stay up; with the walkers - adn got further and further behind...

Mile ten, I was told on the event/comp theread that no more sweeping - and at ten I was 4 min ahead of the dang sweepers - then a HUGE highway on ramp that looped up around and up again, (overpassing where mile ten was) and when you got to the top of the hill, I cried for all those that were swept - no one was behind us -

Mile 11 2 min ahead of sweepers - and a long way to go before 12 - the sweepers said Mile 12 was the last sweep, and I was 2 min ahead - I cant do it - this wonderful young man (who was tall and heavy - ) he was alone - (oh the Dis WISH team - in full force at MK - I cried - full force somewhere after or at the TTC - and Maheare ran with me giving me confidence for quite a few feet!! and people passing me reading my shirt encouraged me as well!!)

So back to this kid (maybe 20 years old!) he says as we get to the top of the dang hill - COME ON you can see MILE 12 - we didnt get this far NOT to get a medal!! And the WISHERS were beyond mile 12 and I cried and shook (I was in shock I wasnt going to be swept!) but had to run around the behind Epcot by the bathrooms then come out somewhere by the ball and run to the World showcase, turn and run back to Guest RElations - the kid ran ahead, and we high 5'd what an inspiration he was for me!!

Get around Guest RElations and A gospel choir - yep, cried again!! Get thru and see the WISHers again - I'm ok now - get my official crossing time - 4hours and some minutes - get a metal blanket, get my chip off - but where's the medal! IWANT MY DONALD....

so there you have it... and for those of you that have a faith in miracles -

Friday morning I wake up early, go get coffee (we'rea t Beach Club Villas) on the way I see the Landscape guys make small talk, go inside with my full cup of coffee and my tea... and WHOOSH - I lost it - my feet went up in the air, and I feel on my bottom, my arms hit hard (not my elbows)

I ddint get hurt! (my big toe felt like I stubbed it it still hurts!!) so I get up to my room and burst into tears - I know God is watching out for me!!

I NEED ADVICE
DS was invited to a birthday party for 3 kids and they are not siblings. It is a big 13 party. DO I buy a gift for all 3 or just the one that gave him the invitation. It is for 2 boys and 1 girl. Money is very tight since my paycheck was docked a grand and more if you count the money I usaully make from tutoring since I was on maternity leave and could not do. I can swing all 3 gifts but they would be small. Just curious about the proper way to handle. Thanks.

I guess I am a cheapo because I would only buy for the kid that invited your DS.

monymony3471 Yeah for you on the pizza. Last night was day 1 of 2 of my pizza dinners and I ate three pieces and two servings of salad. I wish I didn't eat that third piece but I heard it calling me from the box. I have to go to a Christening tomorrow and have nothing to wear so I know the feeling.

Punkin I say go to WDW for New Years. My cousin and his family where just there, I'll ask him tomorrow about the crowds, he'll be at the christening too with his family.

Looks like Sandy didn't get swept. She's a running! Here are my first 2 alerts!

SANDY, 00:51:28 @ 5K: Walt Disney World Marathon and Half
Marathon presented by Kaiser Permanente, Disney Destinations LLC

SANDY, 01:46:17 @ 10K: Walt Disney World Marathon and Half
Marathon presented by Kaiser Permanente, Disney Destinations LLC

Yeah Sandy :cheer2:

WHATEVER!!!!!!!

Sit DOWN Ladies (and Aaron ;) )

Our this week's total was -55.9

which makes our grand total so far this year.....

100.7!!!!!!

:banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :wizard: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :worship:

Give me a P, give me a E, give me a E, give me a P, give me a S

Yeah Peeps:cheer2:

SANDY JUST CALLED!

She finished the half marathon!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

And they were out of medals! :sad2:

They will send her one but shes disappointed she wont be able to wear it in the parks while shes there. I dont blame her! (I mean really....dont they know how many people were signed up to run?) :confused3

She also said to tell you that Allie and her DD both finished the 5K in one hour! :cheer2:

GO, GIRLS!!!

Yeah Sandy, Allie and Allie's daughter. I would have been upset about the medal too. I just don't understand how they would run out when they know how many people are going to be there. But good for them.

Wow wait to go Sandy and her team :thumbsup2
Happy Birthday Pixie
it is just a slow lazy day at my house I mean lazy:sad2: my knee is killing me and to put any pressure on it hurts. I HATE OSTEO_ARTHRITIS
i am only 32 why does it feel like i am 90 yrs old sorry i am just in a depressing, ranting mood ..:headache:

Way to go on the weight loss everyone;)

I'm sorry Misti that you don't feel well today :hug:

Happy Birthday Pixie

If I have enough energy - I'm going to...

I'm vwey==very tired!! My eyse, brain, and fingers are not functioning correctly! eesh!

My first mile I did it in 12 min! :faint: I slowed down, that coulda killed me!! got to the magic kingdom and thought "I may never pass this way again" so I took pictures of pooh and me, Fairy Godmother and me - slowed down for the official photos - and stopped to pee in Frontierland, in a real potty thank you very much - - with A/C wooHOO!! but that took 4 min - felt lolonger!!

Mile 6 was the first sweep - we were told we were 7 - 8 min ahead of sweepers, and I was being passed right and left by walkers - honest I tried to stay up; with the walkers - adn got further and further behind...

Mile ten, I was told on the event/comp theread that no more sweeping - and at ten I was 4 min ahead of the dang sweepers - then a HUGE highway on ramp that looped up around and up again, (overpassing where mile ten was) and when you got to the top of the hill, I cried for all those that were swept - no one was behind us -

Mile 11 2 min ahead of sweepers - and a long way to go before 12 - the sweepers said Mile 12 was the last sweep, and I was 2 min ahead - I cant do it - this wonderful young man (who was tall and heavy - ) he was alone - (oh the Dis WISH team - in full force at MK - I cried - full force somewhere after or at the TTC - and Maheare ran with me giving me confidence for quite a few feet!! and people passing me reading my shirt encouraged me as well!!)

So back to this kid (maybe 20 years old!) he says as we get to the top of the dang hill - COME ON you can see MILE 12 - we didnt get this far NOT to get a medal!! And the WISHERS were beyond mile 12 and I cried and shook (I was in shock I wasnt going to be swept!) but had to run around the behind Epcot by the bathrooms then come out somewhere by the ball and run to the World showcase, turn and run back to Guest RElations - the kid ran ahead, and we high 5'd what an inspiration he was for me!!

Get around Guest RElations and A gospel choir - yep, cried again!! Get thru and see the WISHers again - I'm ok now - get my official crossing time - 4hours and some minutes - get a metal blanket, get my chip off - but where's the medal! IWANT MY DONALD....

so there you have it... and for those of you that have a faith in miracles -

Friday morning I wake up early, go get coffee (we'rea t Beach Club Villas) on the way I see the Landscape guys make small talk, go inside with my full cup of coffee and my tea... and WHOOSH - I lost it - my feet went up in the air, and I feel on my bottom, my arms hit hard (not my elbows)

I ddint get hurt! (my big toe felt like I stubbed it it still hurts!!) so I get up to my room and burst into tears - I know God is watching out for me!!

YAY, Sandy, you did it! You finished! You should feel very proud and happy!!!!
Now enjoy the rest of your Disney stay as a reward!

Misty is falling apart;) ! Please remember her in your prayers!!! Her knee is BADly hurting. Poor little peep! Well, Spongie, at least you won't be going in and out of the kitchen to snack...SEE? there's a good side :hug:

Sandy- thanks for the scoop! Sounds like that kid was an angel! :angel: I'll go take a nap for you...that's a good friend for ya!

Mary Lou- Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pigget- the gift thing- Only for the kid who invited him UNLESS your son knows the others too. Also depends on how the invitation was worded. In the "For" column, was there just one kid listed or all 3? If all else fails, RSVP and tactfully ask. Love Emily Post

Mo! How's it going, lady?

I am at the very end of the second book, New Moon. I will start the third one today! :banana: Most riveting. But let me say that the second book was not what I was expecting. Still good though.

I weighed myself again today and I am UP .4 pounds! WTHeck? :confused3

Yeah I weighed today too and saw about an <1 lb gain.. bleah. Hopefully it is gone by next Friday. I really need to stop weighing so much.

i have a question for you guys....i'm playing with the idea of going to WDW for new years next year, from 12/30 to 1/5. do you think i'm crazy? i know it's gonna be crowded.....:scared1:

I hate crowds, so I wouldn't do it... I hear you have to be in the park that you want to spend the NY in by about 10AM or you won't get in. But, it is up to you...

Misty is falling apart;) ! Please remember her in your prayers!!! Her knee is BADly hurting. Poor little peep! Well, Spongie, at least you won't be going in and out of the kitchen to snack...SEE? there's a good side :hug:

Sandy- thanks for the scoop! Sounds like that kid was an angel! :angel: I'll go take a nap for you...that's a good friend for ya!

Mary Lou- Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pigget- the gift thing- Only for the kid who invited him UNLESS your son knows the others too. Also depends on how the invitation was worded. In the "For" column, was there just one kid listed or all 3? If all else fails, RSVP and tactfully ask. Love Emily Post

:hug: to Misty, hope her knee feels better soon.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIXIE!! :cheer2:

GO SANDY!!!
I am SOOOO proud of you!!

Food for yesterday:
B: Half WW English muffin (50), coffee
L: LC Steak Panini (330), yogurt (60)
D: 2 mini cheeseburgers (230), pringles/celery and ff onion dip (170)
S: 1 bag ff popcorn (180), chocolate ice cream cup (100), ff hot dog (40)
Total: 1160. Exercise: 30 min elliptical trainer, 40 min weight training.

Hope everyone has a great and skinny day!

I called Sandy. I just wanted to congratulate her personally. Sandy is getting her medal. She found the right person to listen to her and they are on their way to get them probably as we speak.:cool1:

That just makes me feel so much better. :goodvibes

Imagine the feeling walking around WDW with that medal on. :cloud9:

WOOT WOOT!

I cried reading your account of your run Sandy.

Now WALK proud. Wish your hubby luck tomorrow for me.

I called Sandy. I just wanted to congratulate her personally. Sandy is getting her medal. She found the right person to listen to her and they are on their way to get them probably as we speak.:cool1:

That just makes me feel so much better. :goodvibes

Imagine the feeling walking around WDW with that medal on. :cloud9:

WOOT WOOT!

I cried reading your account of your run Sandy.

Now WALK proud. Wish your hubby luck tomorrow for me.

Thanks for the wonderful news. I felt so bad that she wouldn't be able to wear her medal after working so hard! That she is getting the medal makes my day!

I thought I'd bring it over here - because one of you may run it too! (PS Thanks Wendy I need a nap, but I may never wake up - and we have adrs for Cape May in 30 min - food before sleep :sad2:

QUOTE>I'll write more later, but I have to start the thread out with sincere gratitude for the WISH team. I could not have done it without any of you - you cannot imagine how much I took from each and everyone of you!! THANK You...

rounding the bend into the MK - I cried - then HIGH FIVED the WISH team - a WISHER was down right by the turn into Tomorrowland, sorry I forget her name, but it was blisters, and she encouraged me to keep running!! Bless HER!!

Charles told me not to take pictures - but, I may never pass this way again, and didnt stand in line, but got one with Piglet, Fairy Godmother, slowed down for the castle picture (I came a long way Baby) Stopped in Frontierland for the a/c privy's (non porta potties!!)

Hit Mile 6 - pic with YoHo Capn Jack - around and out of the MK to be told we were 8 min ahead of sweepers...

and so the saga began - from Charles, I knew if I made it to mile ten I'd be good - I got to mile ten (4 min a head of sweepers - tough and right by the Purple teams 16min pace guy - I couldnt keep up with him - I couldnt keep up with anyone - one team had on their shirt how far did Jesus walk for you (or something) I kept trying to keep up with Jesus - Jesus was too fast for me!!

Somewhere along this route the screamers were htere - Bless Mahaere/ Anne, she ran alongside of me giving me courage, and her strength... so many people that passed me, patted me on the back "LOVE your shirt, Dead Last Finish is greater than Did not start - keep it up, you're making it!!"

Mile 11 I['m ahead by 2 min - I call dh, I'm not going to make it... its such a long stretch down and then up as we rounded the curve you could tell they were swept - they started the traffic, I wanted to cry for them - knowing I'd be next...

down a long stretch then up that dang hill - and a nice young kid very overweight and tall, told me at the top of the hill - "come on, we didnt come this far we're not going without a medal" down to 12 - I really hated seeing the bikers with the sweep flags - really hatedd them...

Round the corner, made it to 12... and saw our Cheer team... I still cry when I think of it!! I started shaking, hoping I wouldnt go into shock, I kept it up... someone gave me a bottle of cold water - loved that, needed that, I ran with a washcloth, and the cold water on teh cloth was great, but I felt like I had miles to go before I could stop... miles to go...

ran by the fountain, people wanted to play - and run in our path - its tough knowing youre last - my guy was able to run ahead, and as he passed me on the way back to the fountain, I let him know he was an inspiration - and he said "I told you we'd get that medal" (remember this please)

So now I round the corner, trying hard not to break into tears... trying to look like a "runner" and not able to keep up with the walkers - cried when I heard the Gospel singers~!

FINALLY I see it (cue the music) THE FINISH LINE!! I cross that - get my blannkie, take my chips... WHERE's MY MEDAL??? "go to the information line' The purple people kept pushing me away from the packet pickup - and I WANT my MEDAL!! They had medals - I WANT MY MEDAL>>> (spoiled brat that I am!!)

So dh comes up, the WIHSERs are great, but they dont have my medal,, the information line was 400 strong - I go up while dh stands in line - 5 volunteers 5 different answers, but basically, your chip has your info, we'll mail them!!

so NO MEDAL FOR ME!!

I didnt cry, I just want to go home and get drunk!! Well maybe a cheeseburger first!!

UPDATE - we're staying at BCV - and I told my sob story to the conceirge desk, she made calls, manager, managers managers -

MY MEDALS AT THE EXPO - until 7 tonight!! ( and those info people did say more than once - "DO NOT go to the expo, even if they come in they wont go there!! )

bye, the neighbor next door we met on the balcony last night while illuminations, she's going to drive me!! MUY MEDAL

The neighbor also finished near last and didnt get her medal, but found out I talked to the lady at the front desk, so she knocked on my door and drove me to the expo, we both burst into tears as the Volunteer placed the medal around our necks and said " on behalf of hte Walt Disney Marathon, we apologize for running out of medals, congratulations on a wonderful marathon"

Yep, I'm emotional!!

WAY TO GO SANDY!!!!!I CRIED READING YOUR ACCOUNT OF THE RACE. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU.

Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Congratulations Sandy and Allie and Allie's Daughter

Now I have a question. What is being swept? Does that mean if you are not keeping up with the pace that they put you out of the race?

Way to go sandy i was very touched by your race report i am so proud of you. i would totally protest and stomp my feet for my Medal ,that is the most inspiring part of finishing a race.when they place it over your head;) Way to go . you are an inspiration to all of us..:lovestruc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter