DISappearing Peeps...A fastpass to THIN! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:

i'm gonna wait on weighing in today. i don't like what i see.....it's not horrible but not what i wanted. and i'm thinking i may have luck in the bathroom this morning....i'll be back later to post.

have a good friday, everyone!

Totally feeling that this morning..i expected to see something even slightly lower, instead ...Same same samer ! Oh well..I am taking it with a grain of salt because i also measured myself and i lost a total of 1 3/4" this week ( i measure my natural waist, low waist, hips, thighs and arms..all my lovely trouble areas..basically everything but my nose! :rotfl: )
So i am not TOO upset..i wish i had a scale at work to see if the bathroom trick works..but i do not..oh well, maybe thismeans a good loss for next friday...
Today is my cheat day too..perfect day for it, its rainy and grey out there today!

have a loverly day everyone!

Hope everyone had a great week! I lost 0.6 pounds this week. That brings me to a grand total of 33.4 pounds lost since the start of the year; an uber-grand total of 57.4 pounds lost since April 2005; and I am now 27.6 pounds from my goal weight of 155. I hesitate to say that I've hit a wall because I do keep losing, but these losses are getting smaller and smaller each week. Since June 1, I’ve only lost 5.4 pounds. Time to evaluate what I'm doing and see if there is anything I can do to kick start things a little bit.

Good luck to all!

Hope everyone had a great week! I lost 0.6 pounds this week. That brings me to a grand total of 33.4 pounds lost since the start of the year; an uber-grand total of 57.4 pounds lost since April 2005; and I am now 27.6 pounds from my goal weight of 155. I hesitate to say that I've hit a wall because I do keep losing, but these losses are getting smaller and smaller each week. Since June 1, I’ve only lost 5.4 pounds. Time to evaluate what I'm doing and see if there is anything I can do to kick start things a little bit.

Good luck to all!

wow..good for you! i hope i can say those pretty numbers eventually..gotta keep trucking.
Now, I dont' remember, do you do WW or just watch what you eat and exercise primarily? Obviously whatever you do works for you! :thumbsup2

Lost 4.5 lbs this week! Of course these lbs are really just the lbs I put on last week while enjoying myself a bit too much with my visiting relatives, but I'm very happy nonetheless. I was miserable with myself all week because of the gain last week.

My big weakness is sweets and the farmers market near my office has been evil and tempting all summer (that and the cupcake bakery). This week I didn't give in to temptation and buy anything I shouldn't all week. That felt good. I almost feel as if I needed one really good week to get myself back on track after so much time away from plan. I treated myself to a salad at Panera last night as a pat on the shoulder. Love their Fuji Apple salads!

I'm still having problems getting the exercise that I need. I always intend to do something, but when I roll off the train at 7pm I'm beat. I have a quick dinner, get my lunch made for the next day and already it's 9:30 or so. I hate my commute sometimes, but I love working in NYC. My yoga class will be starting up in September so I'm looking forward to that.

wow..good for you! i hope i can say those pretty numbers eventually..gotta keep trucking.
Now, I dont' remember, do you do WW or just watch what you eat and exercise primarily? Obviously whatever you do works for you! :thumbsup2
Thanks! I lost the majority of the 57 pounds by doing WW religiously. But the past few months I've mainly just watched what I ate and used the WW points as a general guideline of how much I should eat. I know that I tend to have 10-11 points left after work, and since my wife is also on WW we try to come up with our dinner menu so that it isn't more than 6-7 points per serving (to save room for dessert!). So while I'm not actually counting points, it is always in the back of my mind; I guess it's sort of a non-counting counting, if that makes any sense. But in general, I've just learned to control my portions and not snack as much, which has given me the knowledge I need to make good choices so I hopefully won't gain back any of the weight that I've lost.

I'm sure if you stick to any sort of plan that allows you to make better choices through out the day and get a little exercise in, you'll start to see some great numbers yourself!

EDIT: I just took a look at your little ticker, and you've already lost 5 pounds! Congratulations! You are obviously doing something right.

Good moring everyone! It's a great day for air conditioning here in Kansas. Only predicted to be 98 today - at least we're under 100.

I lost 6 lbs this week. This is the same 6 lbs I managed to gain over the last few weeks of traveling, birthday cake, and picnics. Now on to next week and beginning to get the 'real' weight off!

Hope everyone has a great day!

MORNING ONE AND ALL!! :cool1:

The best part of Fridays is EVERYBODY Posts!!
I love seeing the quieter posters come out and share!!

Amen to what these and everyone else said! Glad you're feeling better but I wanted to add my $.02. You're a great encourager!

Happy Birthday, Heather!

Welcome to Aimee and the other newbies I missed welcoming!

Thank you my friend! And another Happy Birthday to Heather, and definately welcome to NEWBIES, and LURKERS!!

:hug: hope he feels better soon......for his sake and yours!

i'm off to bed. have skinny dreams, everyone, and pretty numbers tomorrow!!!

Yes, Hope things are better this morning!! and I also hope we all had pleasant dreams... (in all my dreams I'm skinny!)

Thanks everyone! :hug:

Skinny dreams to all!

Kat Thank you for sharing your negatives - and how you are overcoming, that you are willing to share, and then fight to be healthy, truly inspirational!!

:cool1: Dene!! Is school starting for you as well? We 'officially' start 27 or 28th of August (in between there are those 'get to know you days, teachers start the 21st!)

Was sluggish getting out of bed so now I am behind on the morning routine. I hope that everyone has a great weigh in and a great Friday :cool1:

Sluggish - you and Monica I dont know how you move at all in this heat!! I'm the slug-a-bug!!

:laughing: it's funny to see the word "pleasant" describing 91 degrees! it's still hot as hades here.....103 today. i can't wait til this breaks!

i'm gonna wait on weighing in today. i don't like what i see.....it's not horrible but not what i wanted. and i'm thinking i may have luck in the bathroom this morning....i'll be back later to post.

IT SURE IS HOT out!! I cant stand it, I'm hibernating in the a/c... I'm such a wimp!

It's all relative. ;)

an unwelcome relative!! *wink *wink

loss of 2 lbswas really hoping for better but on the flip side its still a loss right?/

Happy Firday all!

FIDGE:woohoo:

OMG ! i am Down 4 pds i was drinking alot of water yesterday and i guess all the walking i have done has helped.. i will recheck my scale in a lil bit and see if it say's anything different:laughing:

I am posting a gain of .4 lbs. I don't know how accurate that is because I can't stand on the scale quite right with or without my toe wrapped. (I tried both ways. :laughing: ) I hope I can by next Friday. I get my stitches out on Monday. I just want to be able to step down on my foot normally. And I want to be able to wear all my cute summery shoes again before summer is over!

I meant to quote punkin and Kat, but I guess I didn't. I also can't run. I injured my knee (dislocated my knee cap at dance team practice) back in high school, and it has never been the same since.

I AM planning to post a couple of pictures of the AKV models from last weekend at Doorway to Dreams, but haven't had a chance yet. I've been working on wedding pics.

I got my Vera Bradley bag yesterday! :woohoo: My mom called me from my house to let me know it had arrived. I LOVE it! I ended up getting the Vera in Mod Pink Floral, and I don't think I could be happier with it. Shannon - which one was it that you got?

Well, back to work for me! I hope everyone has a great weigh in day! ;) Thinking skinny thoughts for you all!

DOWN 2LBS!!!

I am determined to get under 190 by next Friday, so I am bringing my scale with me to Conn to keep track so I won't overdue it all week! I need to make a conscience effort to eat healthy while away! DH thinks I'm nuts to bring the scale, but he loves me anyway!!! ;)

Congrats to all the losers and samers. If you gained, know that it is only one week and next week will only get better if you want it to! That's what I am sticking to. I want better numbers next week, so I will make it happen!!! :banana:

Working on favors tonight and tomorrow if necessary. Still waiting on the candle holders for the centerpieces. They better arrive by tomorrow so I can decide if I want to add ivy to them or not. :scared: I leave Tues and need to have everything by then!!! Guess I may have to go shopping in Conn, but really don't want to do that!

<Punkin...John Mayer just came on the radio and I thought of you immediately!!! :hug:>

OK...I better do some "work" since that's what I am getting paid for.

:sunny: Happy Day!!!:sunny:

I am down 1.2 pounds today!!! I am so happy because this was my first week and I really didn't think I would lose any!

Thanks, everyone, for the motivation!

:laughing: it's funny to see the word "pleasant" describing 91 degrees! it's still hot as hades here.....103 today. i can't wait til this breaks!

Totally feeling that this morning..i expected to see something even slightly lower, instead ...Same same samer ! Oh well..I am taking it with a grain of salt because i also measured myself and i lost a total of 1 3/4" this week ( i measure my natural waist, low waist, hips, thighs and arms..all my lovely trouble areas..basically everything but my nose! :rotfl: )
So i am not TOO upset..i wish i had a scale at work to see if the bathroom trick works..but i do not..oh well, maybe thismeans a good loss for next friday...
Today is my cheat day too..perfect day for it, its rainy and grey out there today!

have a loverly day everyone!

Me either... scale says mean samer. I am going to wait and weigh in again in another hour. It was a lot nicer to me on Monday!

MORNING ONE AND ALL!! :cool1:

Kat Thank you for sharing your negatives - and how you are overcoming, that you are willing to share, and then fight to be healthy, truly inspirational!!

Oh Sandy, you have no idea how many negatives there are!! I fight daily to stay on track, and my DH doesn't help most days. He tries to be encouraging but the better I am, the more he tries to knock me off because he feels bad about his own efforts. I feel better about my body than I did, but I still hate all the bulges and flab, and the mirror still isn't very nice to me. It is okay clothed but nekkid is still scary.

The positives, though, are that I am down almost 40 lbs, and I think I can do the remaining 27-33. I have grown to almost like cardio, or at least the way I feel when it is over. I feel less like I am sliding down into obesity and more like I am struggling up toward thin.

Anyhow, hope everyone has a great day!!

Down 0.4 for a total of 46.2

Crappy week. I hope to do better next week!

Thanks for all the support.

:cool1:

I'm back to reading... :surfweb: DH took computer to work...

:yay: hey lookie looky... kklllaaaa (a iz zlow, but there!!) :yay: oopz zpoke to zoon...::- (

Kat one of life's learning curves - no one knows the burdens/crosses we carry, behind closed doors - it is what we need to remember - no one has it 'easy' - look inward, not outward!! Thanks for the reminder!

I got my Vera Bradley bag yesterday! :woohoo: My mom called me from my house to let me know it had arrived. I LOVE it! I ended up getting the Vera in Mod Pink Floral, and I don't think I could be happier with it. Shannon - which one was it that you got?

Well, back to work for me! I hope everyone has a great weigh in day! ;) Thinking skinny thoughts for you all!

YAY! I am plannng on getting a "on the go" style in the new Mod Floral Blue when i lose a total of 10lbs..yup..nothing like motivation ;) I think i will "reward" myself with the matching zip around/wallet when i hit a total of 15. heehee.
I love my little bag in "capri melon" with matching wallet..but its way too summery looking for the fall...

DOWN 2LBS!!!

I am determined to get under 190 by next Friday, so I am bringing my scale with me to Conn to keep track so I won't overdue it all week! I need to make a conscience effort to eat healthy while away! DH thinks I'm nuts to bring the scale, but he loves me anyway!!! ;)

:sunny: Happy Day!!!:sunny:

nothing like an understanding hubby! my boyfriend sees me on the Dis all the time and thinks i'm nuts, but loves me anyway too. haha

Thanks! I lost the majority of the 57 pounds by doing WW religiously. But the past few months I've mainly just watched what I ate and used the WW points as a general guideline of how much I should eat. I know that I tend to have 10-11 points left after work, and since my wife is also on WW we try to come up with our dinner menu so that it isn't more than 6-7 points per serving (to save room for dessert!). So while I'm not actually counting points, it is always in the back of my mind; I guess it's sort of a non-counting counting, if that makes any sense. But in general, I've just learned to control my portions and not snack as much, which has given me the knowledge I need to make good choices so I hopefully won't gain back any of the weight that I've lost.

I'm sure if you stick to any sort of plan that allows you to make better choices through out the day and get a little exercise in, you'll start to see some great numbers yourself!

EDIT: I just took a look at your little ticker, and you've already lost 5 pounds! Congratulations! You are obviously doing something right.

Nice...sounds like you've got a great plan, man!
Yah i've lost a tidbit of weight so far..i am just happy with myself for getting back to the gym/working out 5-6 times a week. it makes me feel better, and like you said i should see some great numbers soon enough :goodvibes

I don't have a fancy scale that tells me fractions of pounds, so I'm just going to say: down 1

Hope you're all having a great day!

MA pigletfan said:
nothing like an understanding hubby! my boyfriend sees me on the Dis all the time and thinks i'm nuts, but loves me anyway too. haha

It's my kids who laugh at me for DISing! :laughing: They like to tell me I'm "Obsessed with Disney" and I say "Did you see my screen name??? You're right I am!!!!" :rotfl2:

I almost forgot!!!!

I paid off my Disney trip today, also on my Disney Visa, but will pay that off as soon as it comes in since the money is in the savings account!!! Decided I could use the Reward Points!!!! :banana: YAY BABY!!!! :banana:

Okay, I am down 0.6 according to the 2nd weigh in and I will take it.

I changed my sigpic too... can't stand pink and was like, why did I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter