DISappearing Peeps...A fastpass to THIN! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What - you have a real LIFE???

Ok, true confessions.
I vowed when I was in 5th grade to NEVER let food be an issue. I dont care if my kids eat or not - and I know I could've done a better job, its the whole pendulum - you see my mom made us eat. I remember sitting at a table for hours refusing to eat peas, then learning to swallow them whole... I remember having to make a carrot sandwich to hide the carrot flavor... I remember mom pulling my hair so hard I screamed and she shoved the stewed tomatoes down my throat and dared me to throw up. (and of course I calmly went to the bathroom ten minutes later and threw it up) There are more, but suffice it to say these are some lowlights. Because of this my kids are picky eaters, horribly so, and they hate having to go to my moms - she of course yells at me for their horrible eating habits.

today, my sons eat tons of stuff, and make me feel ok. (hey ds 19 has had borscht, he'll eat it, not like it, but he'll eat it!)

I chose to make a dinner, if the kids chose not to eat it, I've always made sure there is something of the food groups - and if they dont eat, dessert is going to be something healthy period. I serve raw veggies (carrots, lettuce, etc) and fruits, lots of fruits... and we always always discuss the 4 food groups and healthy eating.

So, please try and raise your kids in the way that works for you - none of you would be abusive to your kids... but like Alec Baldwin (that's going to be a phrase , "I had a Baldwin moment, forgive me") sometimes food does become an issue (yes, I've gotten extremely frustrated - like tonight, she didnt eat her protein - cheese, and she asked for cheese11) but I try and remind myself...

Life is short, too short, and goshdarnit they grow too fast...

I have a hard time too because although I was never forced to eat everything, I do remember many a night sitting at the table way beyond when everyone else was done trying to finish. And I was always a slow eater, so it seemed even worse for me I think. So I try to give DD just enough to be healthy on her plate. If she wants more, fantastic! But if not, she needs to eat at least some of everything, and I set a time limit of sorts for dinner. Like she has to try to eat it for x#of minutes past when we are all done, and then she can get up. (but I do save it for later if she doesnt eat it. Because 50% of the time when she doesnt eat, an hour after dinner she is 'hungry')No clean plate club here....BUT we celebrated and made ourselves feel better with food in my family. So I have a hard time trying to reward Amanda without using food. And trying to make myself findother ways to reward and comfort myself is no easy task either.

Tara-good for you on locks of love! I cant wait to see some pics!! I have been growing mine out too, but I am nowhere near that point yet. I wear it up 99%of the time, but when it is short, I wake up looking like Don King, and I have no time to deal with it in the morning...so I need it long enough to be pulled up.

Oh, and who asked about wedding flowers? We did ours ourself, and if you are thinking of going that route I have a great website to share. We got all of ours (99% of them roses) all the bouquets for 6 BM, corsages and flowers for the tables for $500. They were so pretty!!
And the ones I am holding in the photo from earlier are fake, and I did them myself :) I am going to be doing all of them for her I think.

There was some damage in Pecan Plantation (subdivision north of Granbury)... one of my students said her house was on the news on 3 different channels... and tonight my mom called to say she saw my HS BF on the news because her store in Denton had flooding/water damage.
Name: Dene' Carter (Dene' is Renee, with a "D")
Love, ya'll... I'll try to get some pix (of my anyway) on my trip!

Glad you are ok! I saw those pics on tv too. My sister lives up near Denton in Aubrey and a tornado touched down there a few blocks from her house. It was ok, thankfully.

Hope your legs arent too sore! Ouch!! And I have to say from the tone of your posts, I would have never guessed your age! You really are 43 going on 20!

attention

I need t shirt info for the following people:

mousehouselover

Dance

celery stalker

disneyjo

fidge

harley girl

We have such a great looking group of peeps here! I love looking at all these pictures. I thought I would share some wedding ones too....since my anniversary is coming up 5/12.

Here is one of my favorites, even though you cant really see my face. I am about 15 pounds heavier here than I want to be when I hit my goal. Gosh I loved that dress....too bad there isnt really any reason to get to wear that again:guilty:

wedding1.jpg

And here is a closer up picture, just for good measure.
wedding2.jpg

OK...I want to see more wedding pictures peeps!

I forgot, I was wandering the Dis and on the Theme Park board is a thread declaring that Spaceship Earth in Epcot will be CLOSED AUG - OCT! Not fair, not fair atall - we always get stuck in that ride, its a tradition... where else am I gonna find to make out with dh???

We got stuck on that ride once and they had to close it down and we had to walk down the stairs to exit. We were in Rome at the time. It was actually pretty cool!

I am chopping my hair on Sat...TEN INCHES!! (I hope to donate it to Locks of Love) I had short hair about 6 years ago but have let it grow since then. But I have only worn it down about TWO times in THREE years!! I hate it. It is in a ponytail or a clip everyday. So time to cut it. I will get it highlighted too. I will be sure to post pics!!

speaking of short hair, check this out......

dawnkristie.jpg

that's me on the left in the summer of 2004 with VERY SHORT hair. i cut it all off because i had a major brain fart and got a perm and fried my hair. it looked like i had a blonde gerry curl! DH kept calling me "easy D" (as in easy E, the rapper from the '80's with the gerry curl)!!! :sad2: it was BAD! so i took all the blonde out and chopped it off to start over. i liked it like that, but got bored with it really quick, so i grew it back out.

And Miss Minnie Moo, I know I had a woo hooty for you. did you get new bling? Way to go!
Thanks, Danielle! It's funny how such little things like new bling can make your day!!!

About 800 pages ago, we all introduced ourselves and I think it's about time to do it again. I saw a thread over on another message board where everyone is just filling in a little questionaire so I thought that would be easiest.

Birthday: March 3
Just had to say what a GREAT idea this was, Melinda! AND, March 3 is also my hubby's birthday.

Okay I will post one, big as it is. This is from my wedding in May '05, at about 175 lbs (roughly 20 thinner than current):

Wedding_044.jpg
Gorgeous wedding photo, Kat!

Yes, I have the same problem. My DH tells me I dont try hard enough. That I dont really want to lose weight. It really hurts my feelings and sometimes I dont try- after hearing him tell me how I'm failing I give up. He can decide he wants to lose so he just wont eat. I cant do that - I start feeling sick. But then after not eating all day DH will come home and have a bag of chips or 2 bowls of icecream and call that his dinner. We all know thats not good. I dont cook alot. I used to. But I got tired of nobody eating what I cooked and the DOG was getting fat.:rotfl: I am going to check out the Super Suppers place this weekend and I was talking to the girls at work and they told me about another place called Meals in the Making. Didnt know we had those around here so I am excited to have some yummy meal options.
It is truly difficult to lose weight when your spouse is not supportive or critical. I can relate to having family members turn their noses up at healthy dinners. I only cook once or twice a week now. My hubby is used to fending for himself. It's just the two of us, anyway.

I have been buying a lot of food from Schwan's home delivery lately. A little pricey, but very convenient. We have a couple of the meal prep places in my area, but I haven't checked them out yet.

yep, that's me. my hair color changes with the weather.....seriously. i get bored with my hair really quickly. it's been red, blonde, brown, black, purple (when i was a rebellious teenager), brown with blonde highlights, brown with red highlights. the listgoes on. i just got it cut and colored today, as a matter of fact. go check out my latest post on my TR to check it out!
Hubba hubba, punkin! I need to get over to your TR and do some reading, I see!!!

Hey all does anyone wanna give me the cliff notes version of what is happenin on this busy thread? :rotfl: i am too far behind to even begin to catch up ...but just wanted to drop by and say Hi to all the peeps and welcome to the newbies and happy belated birthday to those who have celebrated.:cloud9:
Spongie, be sure to at least skim through and see the bios and photos - you'll be glad you did :thumbsup2

Attention Peeps... I wanna make sure that I have all the info I need so far...

This is the info I have from all attending Sept. am I missing anyone?

I am also going in September!

Glad you are ok! I saw those pics on tv too. My sister lives up near Denton in Aubrey and a tornado touched down there a few blocks from her house. It was ok, thankfully.

Hope your legs arent too sore! Ouch!! And I have to say from the tone of your posts, I would have never guessed your age! You really are 43 going on 20!

OMG! Aubrey is the first place I taught! That was 10 years ago!

As for my legs, the ace bandages are actually worse than the shots themselves were.

I'm usually told I look younger than I am... and being around teenagers all day, I often act like them! :laughing: My husband was 13 years older than me... this time, I want to be the older person in the couple :thumbsup2 . Hunky trainer dude is 9 years younger than me... too bad he likes younger girls instead of older WOMEN :lmao:

We have such a great looking group of peeps here! I love looking at all these pictures. I thought I would share some wedding ones too....since my anniversary is coming up 5/12.

Here is one of my favorites, even though you cant really see my face. I am about 15 pounds heavier here than I want to be when I hit my goal. Gosh I loved that dress....too bad there isnt really any reason to get to wear that again:guilty:

wedding1.jpg

And here is a closer up picture, just for good measure.
wedding2.jpg

I love your pictures! So, pretty!

DH kept calling me "easy D" (as in easy E, the rapper from the '80's with the gerry curl)!!! :sad2: it was BAD! so i took all the blonde out and chopped it off to start over. i liked it like that, but got bored with it really quick, so i grew it back out.

:rotfl: Too funny!!!

Posting my totals, then off to bed. I am getting pretty sore already from pilates this am. I just went to 'use the facilities' and my thighs started to quake when I tried to get up :sad2: Not a pretty sight.

Breakfast-luna bar
Lunch-hot pockets ultra (the one with lots of fiber)supreme pizza flavor and iced tea, and some doritos
Dinner-chicken stroganoff with salad and tons of water
snacks-apple with peanut butter
dessert-1/4 cup (I evenmeasured!) m&m's, dark chocolate
Total for the day:1557, under my max, and feel full.
A good day overall, lots of exercise.

Have a good night peeps!

speaking of short hair, check this out......

that's me on the left in the summer of 2004 with VERY SHORT hair. i cut it all off because i had a major brain fart and got a perm and fried my hair. it looked like i had a blonde gerry curl! DH kept calling me "easy D" (as in easy E, the rapper from the '80's with the gerry curl)!!! :sad2: it was BAD! so i took all the blonde out and chopped it off to start over. i liked it like that, but got bored with it really quick, so i grew it back out.

Your hair looks great in every style I have seen you post! I wish I could do that. I pretty much stick to the same thing.

i love pics too......any pics!!! but ESPECIALLY wedding pics. so i'll play too...

my favorite one of me and ray....i just love it because everyone behind us is smiling.

File0007.jpg

this is so cute of ray and his nephew....he's like our pretend kid! when he was a baby we'd take him places and tell people he was ours!

File0005.jpg

this is my favorite one of me. wish i could still fit into that size 6 dress! the reason i had it preserved and put away was so i couldn't take it out and try it on and be depressed! :rotfl: my goal is an 8 though, so not too far away from this.

File0002.jpg

Check in, peeps!!!

You know who you are!!!

Aww, thanks for wondering. :goodvibes I'm here although I can honestly say I have not been on this thread for a couple days. I'm swamped! I'm taking a week long course for school that goes from 8:30 - 4:30 and we have assignments due everyday (which I have to work on all night). Plus I had my last BIO class tonight and our last test.

And, it's cookie time again. DSIL's friend asked me to do cookies for her DD's bday party this weekend so I've been making mini flower and palm tree cookies since Monday. She originally told me 40-50 goodie bags (which means 400-500 cookies for a decent bagfull). I made 550 to account for boo-boos I might make while icing them. Today she emails me and tells me she only needs 35-40 bags. :confused3 So I have a ton left over. Luckily, DSIL is going to a luau party the following weekend and has asked me to make cookies for that and the extras I have will be used towards that batch. They last forever and freeze beautifully (thank goodness). Tonight was "make the icing" night, Th and Fri are "decorate the cookies" night, and Sat is "bag the cookies" night. Fun, Fun.

So I'm here. I only gained 3 lbs on my cruise according to my scale at home. I don't have time to get to WW this week either. I'm trying to be good but its more like mediocre. I probably haven't gained, but I'm not losing thats for sure. This weekend I'm getting back into the hardcore WW routine so I can lose some more before my trips to WDW.

So anyway, yes, I am here. Just busy, busy. And about 20+ pages behind on this thread!

Hope you all are well!

Your hair looks great in every style I have seen you post! I wish I could do that. I pretty much stick to the same thing.

thank you! i'm very adventurous with my hair....usually. don't be afraid to try new things - it's hair.....it will grow back! that's the one thing i learned from my gerry curl experience! i even color my own unless i'm getting it highlighted, then i pay a professional to do it.

by the way, can i just say AGAIN what gorgeous peeps we have here!!???!!!! you are all so BEAUTIMOUS!!!!!!!!! (that's a dawnism - i can't help them sometimes.)

disneywedding.jpg

disneywedding2.jpg

my contribution to the wedding photos... this was from our DIsney wedding Ceremony.... I'll get ones from the church on too... my hair looked better and i looked skinner in the one church one it was 3 months after disney one...

IMAGE_00019-1.jpg

Pre-starting point photo with my daughter. I'll post a new one when I hit my 10% goal.

Name: Cheryl
Birthday: 7/21
Personal: Married 26 years, DD (24) in grad school --> empty nester
Total weight to lose from starting point: I can't make my fingers type the number.
Progress so far: 26 since January
Method: Weight Watchers at Work - I'm near the point where I stopped last time and will NOT make that mistake again!!! I need those weekly weigh-ins.
Exercise: Recumbent exercise bike about 5 days/week; occasional aquatics classes
Best tip: Having supportive family members, co-workers, and real-life and "imaginary" friends AND setting achievable mini-goals (5-lb WISH bling increments) makes all the difference!

.. I've been so touched by the posts - the beauty of all of y'all!

a long time ago, in a place far away from here...

a man got a dream job and moved his family away, it broke his heart as he had moved so many times in his youth. Get over it. so the girl did. but her senior year she could drive - and drove back to her old haunts... and met a 15 yr old who moved around a lot and never got a party - she threw him a sweet 16 party... then married him a few months after he turned 21.

yes, the years before digital were indeed the dark ages, and when one cannot work the scanner, well you get splots...

but one has to party and let her hair down, or his hair... hair, silky shiny... long beatiful... well

he always loved the white tux, God only knows why!!

but we've been told by utahthreadmomma to post ourselves in a swimsuit... and a year after we married, we took this amazing honeymoon trip.. to Jamaica... and what goes around comes around as DS and DFDIL are planning a honeymoon here.... here i am...

I may never have those gams again, but I always have liked them, even now!!

thanks for being my support system, my friends. Thanks for your kind words, and your strong arms helping me back on the wagon... and of course most of all...

Thanks for noticing me!!

Sandy - Did your dress have really fine pleating on the skirt and bottoms of the sleeves? Your dress looks suspiciously similar to mine!!!!! Of course it is difficult to tell from the photos, so I may just be imagining the similarity. But we did get married within a year or so of each other . . .

Meeting ran late.........

Need sleep........

Caught up.........

Beautiful peeps and wedding pix...........

Christine, shirt large to xlarge, xxl if it's fitted, need room for the girls........

Sandy, I read your post about the girl in your neighborhood; very sad. We had a shooting here a couple of weeks ago. A young pg mother of 3 moved into an apartment and just a fw hours later was shot in the head by a stray bullet. She died instantly and left 3 kids 5 and under. It was very sad, poor kids had no idea what was going on. The person who has been arrested is only 18. Too many lives cut short and forever altered by one thoughtless action. However, as you posted, life's too short; we have to live each day to the fullest. If we let fear hold us hostage, we will never get to experience the great joys that are waiting for us. This is true for relationships, work, dieting, you name it. We hold ourselves back and sell ourselves short by thinking about all the bad there is in the world. No one has all the answers, the most well known people are the ones who went with their gut and stood their ground.

That's my profound thought of the day. :upsidedow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter