Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember Pet's anti-Gay Days column from almost 20 years ago? I think he ultimately deleted from everywhere online because it got a lot of pick up and traction from the (pre-MAGA) conservative crowd. I remember it being very preachy and sanctimonious (if I recall, the crux of it was that the attendees were way too in-your-face).

If any of you internet super sleuths could find it, I'd be curious to read it again. Not related to this topic directly, but I wonder how it sounds now in hindsight with all of this.

I’m glad there was a space for Sean and Dustin to tell their stories but too much of the content there is remarkably toxic

It is toxic, but there's something to be said about the level of open discussion that's allowed there. Because Sean and Dustin's stories could NEVER be told here, and discussions about any possible toxicity regarding Pete would be instantly squashed, and you'd probably be punished/criticized for daring to vocalize it.

Going forward, I believe these boards need to allow more free discourse. No attacking others or anything like that. But we should be allowed to talk a little more freely than we have been able to in the past. Because this shows that mandatory silence allows toxicity to spread, and open dialogue allows it to be exposed, processed, and handled.

Last edited:
It is toxic, but there's something to be said about the level of open discussion that's allowed there. Because Sean and Dustin's stories could NEVER be told here, and discussions about any possible toxicity with Pete would be instantly squashed, and you'd probably be shamed/criticized for daring to vocalize it.

Going forward, I believe these boards need to allow more free discourse. No attacking others or anything like that. But we should be allowed to talk a little more freely than we have been able to in the past. Because this shows that mandatory silence allows toxicity to spread, and open dialogue allows it to be exposed, processed, and handled.
Agreed. Not long ago all of this would have been deleted and we would have been banned and that's not ok either.

Last edited:

I dont know if she ever would say anything, but I feel like JL might have a lot of things to say.
Her last show wasn't even on the main tuesday show, but the Universal Edition. I felt like Craig probably had to push to let her be on there to say bye (seems odd that she wouldn't say bye on the main show with Pete).
She posted what I'd describe as a statement on insta. A long "caption" to an old photo.

Agreed. Not long ago all of this would have been deleted and we would have been banned and that not ok either.
If by not long ago you mean just days ago you would be correct. The previous thread started with the deletion of any and all info about the situation, then they reinstated all the deleted posts, then the thread was closed (this one sprouted) then it was deleted and later reinstated, now the name of the other site is banned, (some have reported their dis account was closed for mentioning it). So while I’m glad the discussion is seemingly open for now, I don’t doubt some trigger friendly webmaster is eager to shut these threads down when given the ok to do so. If the other site didn’t exist, these stories would never have made it this far.

Agreed.

And I think John (and Donna behind the scenes) were in an even tougher spot. As someone said upthread, this isn’t a club that they can just kick Pete out of. He founded it and owns part of the business. So even if they had a hunch about him, they’re kinda stuck unless they want to blow the whole thing up. Remember, John is the original “work boyfriend” and has probably been trying to handle Pete behind the scenes, make him go to rehab when he gets too out of hand, etc.

Going after Craig, Ryno. Etc. cause they “had to have known isn’t fair. If you want to direct that sentiment somewhere, they’re a more logical direction to point it towards. Just my opinion.
Well.... I believe John probably did his best to control things but found it simply impossible. John was more than a "work boyfriend' the primary reason PW had the opportunity to start TheDIS was because John paid the bills for a long while. John wasn't going anywhere. There are a multitude of personal problems here ...addiction, depression, as well as personality disorders. It's not as if someone wasn't trying or other employees/partners had hopes that his would be the "one" that works ...it was a fairly steady cycle. People can do crazy things when starving for affection ...and ultimately(and kind of sadly) that is probably PW's core issue. Not drugs, not booze, not power, nor money -simple love.

Does anyone remember Pet's anti-Gay Days column from almost 20 years ago? I think he ultimately deleted from everywhere online because it got a lot of pick up and traction from the (pre-MAGA) conservative crowd. I remember it being very preachy and sanctimonious (if I recall, the crux of it was that the attendees were way too in-your-face).

If any of you internet super sleuths could find it, I'd be curious to read it again. Not related to this topic directly, but I wonder how it sounds now in hindsight with all of this.
Is it this one?

https://web.archive.org/web/20050609024151/http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-gay-days.htm

P3te Sheidle was another person that disappeared overnight from these boards and the Dis DVC shows. I never pulled the trigger but at a time I was looking at DVC his content was amazing. He's on another podcast now for DVC related content. It's entirely possible he did something that warranted banning, but at the time he was "disappeared" I politely asked what happened on these boards with a few other people, received no answer and some folks who took it a few steps further were also banned. He's another person with a username you can't even type here.

Looks like DVC Show is up and running now in it's "new" format. Hope Paul and Amy can get a new studio/recording space, and perhaps one that's separate from what WODVC uses for their show.

I suspected things went bad somehow between him and PW, because Pete S is still active in the DVC community. His departure was very abrupt, without any explainations, just like the other ones.
I'm assuming it had to do with his availability charts (perhaps sharing of ad revenue?), since mention of those charts or even how to find them aren't allowed in the DVC forums here.

I know he did a live in the DVC Fan Facebook group and got reprimanded for it. I don’t remember other details though.
A common issue in my industry due to aging leadership. When the boss and other people are really stretched for time, you often see employees take initiative and try and do things on their own. They think they're stepping up, but the boss sees it as threatening him/her in some way. Pete S. probably wasn't a traditional employee, but I can see that move (and the charts) being a thing for Pete W.

Agreed. Not long ago all of this would have been deleted and we would have been banned and that's not ok either.

It is toxic, but there's something to be said about the level of open discussion that's allowed there. Because Sean and Dustin's stories could NEVER be told here, and discussions about any possible toxicity regarding Pete would be instantly squashed, and you'd probably be punished/criticized for daring to vocalize it.

agreed

I received this email from my Dreams agent last night. Maybe people are reaching out with questions about where their money goes and if it’s safe? Seems weird if it’s not related to this situation.

Below is a message that John Magi, President and co-owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel has asked that I send to you in his behalf. We do not have the capability to email all clients at once so he has asked me, and my fellow agents, to send this to our current clients. If you have any questions or would like to follow-up with him his direct email address isJohn@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thanks

Dear Valued Client
Thank you for choosing Dreams Unlimited Travel for your precious vacation.
I wanted to make sure you are aware of our policy regarding reservation payments.
When you book with Dreams Unlimited Travel we do not charge your credit card directly. Every payment we receive from you gets passed along to the destination you booked (i.e. DCL, WDW, DLR, RCCL, ABD, Aulani, Universal, etc.). We do not hold your money. This ensures that your vacation and your money is protected and safe.

If you would like to verify that all payments made so far have been applied to your reservation, just send your agent an email and he/she can provide you with the most up-to-date confirmation showing all payments.
Please feel free to email me directly with any questions or concerns you might have atJohn@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
Sincerely,
John Magi

President, Co-Owner

Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter