Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making a statement about being victimized on these boards but not mentioning the actual victims is bizarre.
In all fairness he can't. I am sure he has been advised to not contact Dustin or any former employee by his counsel. However, it is in pretty poor taste to even talk about people being mean to him and Kevin. I think they just need to disappear off of social media until Pete is formally divested.

Last edited:
In all fairness he can't. I am sure he has been advised by his council to not contact Dustin or any former employee by his council. However it is in pretty poor taste to even talk about people being mean to him and Kevin. I think they just need to disappear off of social media until Pete is formally divested.
Most counsel, like - legitimate attorneys and not friends - would have said not to comment on that element but also not to strike out about the personal feelings. And sometimes people do things against advice of (legal) counsel - but few attorneys would want a client to say, "I won't comment about the allegations but let me tell you how this hurt me."

100%. It would be dumb and further open the business and themselves up to being drug into any sort of future legal dispute if it were to occur. Better to just "plead the 5th" in a situation like this until you know what the final solution and resolution will be.
To be fair, again - pleading the fifth is most often used to not answer any questions because when you start to answer some and not others, it creates a complication. It's not necessary to do it that way; but, it is a way that many people are advised to move forward. I think I would've been far more understanding of, "This is too complicated for us to comment right now; we are working on it." I get that this has to be hard and that I can't possibly understand what it was like - and - this was another sign that this is a "family-esque" workplace vs. a more professional place. (and many people know enough now to run when a workplace is described as "like a family")

I just finished reading Dustin’s post

the user among us who kept saying “I don’t know how a straight man could do that” must be eating his words right now. that is the nicest thing i could come up with to say to you. how dare you

i havent read anything else so i may be making assumptions here but also thank you charles for waiting this long to tell dustin. my mind is blown
Where did you read the post? I'm trying to catch up on everything. I hope Dustin is ok

John has to do what he has to do to ensure the business survives. Sure we can blame but but we must understand. The burden of being an executive of a company, all the pay and prestige that comes with it is counterbalanced by the sole responsibility that the company survives even if it means he can’t defend himself from the masses.

He is doing what legally and financially is required to ensure the company keeps running as normally as possible (people’s jobs depend on it) and he is doing his DL trip to project an image and keep clients calm.

Imagine he had canceled the event and posted a picture of himself at the courthouse with the caption “taking care of business.” Clients will be canceling their trips as fast as Monera will approve you for your DVC.

Last edited:

Most counsel, like - legitimate attorneys and not friends - would have said not to comment on that element but also not to strike out about the personal feelings. And sometimes people do things against advice of (legal) counsel - but few attorneys would want a client to say, "I won't comment about the allegations but let me tell you how this hurt me."
This is true too. Let me put it this way, and sorry for misspelling counsel I think may have been me just typing as fast as I could on my phone, the statement on dreams was carefully crafted and probably written by his attorneys. The one on here not so much. Two entirely different tones. I do think they are trying to not draw more attention than needed to the allegations by just not mentioning them. That also could have been advice he was given.

This is true too. Let me put it this way, and sorry for misspelling counsel I think may have been me just typing as fast as I could on my phone, the statement on dreams was carefully crafted and probably written by his attorneys. The one on here not so much. Two entirely different tones. I do think they are trying to not draw more attention than needed to the allegations by just not mentioning them. That also could have been advice he was given.
You were fine - I think you spelled it (or I didn't notice it) correctly. You're 100% right - my bad for also sort of conflating them!

John's statement tells me everything I need to know. I understand maybe not being able to comment about the actual accusations, but the attacks and playing victim are disgusting.

I hope Disney is made aware of all of this.
I think the one on wdwinfo.com was drafted or at least approved by his legal counsel. The one he posted on the boards was not and does come across as sort of tone deaf.

Of course he won’t comment anything about Pete the serial abuser, but he was quick to talk about all the “meanies” who said bad words to him.

If on such a strong financial foundation, why getting sued for a million dollars? Pay AMEX their million, and admit you didnt have control of your out of control co-owner!

Those $5000 drink YouTube videos on the ship sure did bring him lots of attention and lots of attention to his business. I hope they get sued right out of business…

So it comes to light that Dustin was drugged-

We get a statement where John has made this about he & Kevin being victims here. Take the heat & acknowledge that terrible things have taken place. I even understand not saying anything directly, but to go on the attack sounds exactly like something Pete would say. They chose to post on social media today as if nothing has been exposed- all while the allegations got worse. Don’t blame others for being shocked & angry on behalf of YOUR employees being treated terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter