• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboards App Timing Out

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
I have been having a lot of problem with the Disboards iPad app timing out when trying to load any of the forums. If I use a browser, there are no problems. I tried removing and redownloading the app but the problem persists. Any ideas on how to solve the problem. My iPad IOS is up to date.

I have been having a lot of problem with the Disboards iPad app timing out when trying to load any of the forums. If I use a browser, there are no problems. I tried removing and redownloading the app but the problem persists. Any ideas on how to solve the problem. My iPad IOS is up to date.

The exact same thing happens to me about half the time I use the app. It's frustrating.

I have the same problem (no matter if I'm on wifi or LTE). The iOS app has become painful to use. The forum via a browser is the only way I can connect to DisBoards.

For me, the timeout connection problems started this week and have worsened the past few days.

The funny thing is, they got better for me for the past few weeks. But today has been awful.

I'm having the same issue. Sometimes it's ok, but lately (last 5 days?) it's been really bad. Wifi (home/work/panera),3G... All the same. I also tried deleting & reinstalling app. Same issue. Iphone 4S, latest iOS 7.1.1

Same issue. Seems to be the past 5 days. Just had it trying to respond. Timed out trying to send and lost my 1st response (hopefully this isn't a repost). IPhone 4s, latest iOS 7.1.1. Happens on wifi (home /work/panera), 3G.

Hate to keep beating this to death , but this has been an issue for far too long. After being horrible for months and months, earlier this year the iOS app suddenly worked fine. A month later it was horrible, then just ok for a few weeks, now horrible again.
I'll ask again, are there any plans to try and address this issue? I realize the website direct access works fine, but those of us who love to browse the boards are tired of being frustrated by the lack of support and performance of the mobile apps.
Any info at all would be appreciated.....thanks!

Hate to keep beating this to death , but this has been an issue for far too long. After being horrible for months and months, earlier this year the iOS app suddenly worked fine. A month later it was horrible, then just ok for a few weeks, now horrible again. I'll ask again, are there any plans to try and address this issue? I realize the website direct access works fine, but those of us who love to browse the boards are tired of being frustrated by the lack of support and performance of the mobile apps. Any info at all would be appreciated.....thanks!

I agree!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This is a really frustrating problem. Getting on the boards takes forever and them you are timed out. When I try to respond to a thread, same thing happens. Then my response is deleted when I'm timed out. When will this be fixed? It is very unDisney to have an app that is frustrating everyone trying to access the Disney Boards.

Same here. iPhone 4s with the latest OS. I've had no problems for years but it's been horrible the last few months.

We really have no control over the app since it's a 3rd party.

What does this mean? Isn't there some kind of availability threshold that this party is contracted to supply? The frustration to deal with this is slowly overtaking the enjoyment of the site.

For me (iOS), the strange thing is that some of the forums (like this one) load more easily than others. The thread that I can rarely load is the "Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies," which happens to be the largest forum. So, I have to believe that that is part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's been so bad lately that I can barely visit the boards now. I'm only in my iPhone, never on a computer. It takes longer to load a page or thread than it does to read the posts. It really needs to be fixed!

Ok chiming in with a conspiracy theory here to humor me ; ). Saw a post the other day from dis technical support that they had no control over the app because it is operated by a third party. I was curious who this third party was that they could attach their name to such a crap app. From I turns I saw it was a company called Werner technologies. A bit more sleuthing and I found on the wdwinfo site that the owner of Werner technology is also the CEO of dreams unlimited! the primary advertiser and travel agent company of the dis. Seems a bit of a conflict of interest to me but also raise a red flag that the app does not have advertising. Anyone think they put a subpar app out there to drive more folks to the traditional site where there is dreams unlimited advertising?

Let the maligning of me begin ; ). Of course after my post times out and I have to try 3 times for you all to see how my twisted brain works.

Ok chiming in with a conspiracy theory here to humor me ; ). Saw a post the other day from dis technical support that they had no control over the app because it is operated by a third party. I was curious who this third party was that they could attach their name to such a crap app. From I turns I saw it was a company called Werner technologies. A bit more sleuthing and I found on the wdwinfo site that the owner of Werner technology is also the CEO of dreams unlimited! the primary advertiser and travel agent company of the dis. Seems a bit of a conflict of interest to me but also raise a red flag that the app does not have advertising. Anyone think they put a subpar app out there to drive more folks to the traditional site where there is dreams unlimited advertising?

Let the maligning of me begin ; ). Of course after my post times out and I have to try 3 times for you all to see how my twisted brain works.

There are ads on the bottom of my app all the time.... I'd be fine with dreams unlimited ads or even paying a small fee for a better app.

This app is the worst app I've ever had with regards to timing out. I can hardly read the boards. It's like having dial-up from the late 90's. A new app should have replaced this terrible one. Is anyone from The Dis looking at other options? Surely there are better apps out there to replace this one! Someone somewhere does have control to do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter