Disboards & iPhone!

The difference between an Iphone and Itouch is that you surf the web from anywhere with an Iphone. Granted, it's much slower than being in a WiFi spot, but it can be done.

With an Itouch, you have to be in a WiFi spot from what I understand.

I'm not here to slam anybody's choices....to each his/her own...but I have had Treo with Windows and now have an Iphone.

I much prefer the Iphone over the Treo. Maybe it's just a personal thing but I seem to understand the Iphone more that I ever did the Treo. The Iphone seems to be laid out the way I think. I dont know if this makes sense but the Ipone seems to be more logical to me. Things are where I think they should be and it does things the way I think it should.

I also have an 80 gig Ipod (which I love) and it has approx 1600 songs, 800 photos and 4 full length feature films and that uses about 2 gigs. The Iphone's 8 gigs is bigger than I thought. It wasnt until I got the Iphone that I realized exactly how little space I was using on my Ipod..

The other thing I like is that I know have to carry one thing. I have a camera, a phone and my Ipod in one device.

Again....I am not saying this is better than that. I'm just telling you why I like it better.

Kevin

I 100% agree here, and yeah, I have iPhone envy! :lmao: While my Treo 700 suits my needs, I spend a lot of time "surfing" on it when not at home, and the browsers capabilities for anything other than WAP sites leaves a little to be desired. I'd also love to have all of my devices in one, including my iPod, which the iPhone would allow me to do.

Maybe in the meantime the DIS boards can setup WAP\Phone access forums for all of us NOT lucky enough to have Safari in hand.........:worship: :goodvibes

that's a great way to say it Kevin "The iPhone is laid out the way I think"
That is such a true statement! This thing is just so logical. It doesn't have the best camera but for a cell phone its better than most, I have taken some shots that surprised me at how good they looked. I'll post a few when I get home right now I'm in the car on my iPhone:-)

No worries rotlex by Sept maybe. 3G 16 gig v2.0 iPhone will be out!

Just got home. Not to further tout the iPhone and all of it's many positives but here are some photos I took from the iPhone last month.

iPhonePic-Windowatarestaurant.jpg

iPhonePic-Guitarbythefire.jpg

iPhonePic-Cannonsbythewater.jpg

iPhonePic-BethanyRudolph.jpg

Not to bad for a cell phone camera! and when I take a bad shot it's O.K. because I love the delete animation just as much as a good shot.:lmao:

The iPhone is the best phone I have ever owned. Let's just say that having Safari and email makes my commute home much better. I would say I check the boards more on my phone than my computer!

One of the Passporter author's December newsletters had a big feature about the Iphone - how much she loves it and how she uses it on her travels to WDW and elsewhere. Worth a read if you're interested in the phone: http://www.passporter.com/news/news122007.htm You need to scroll down a bit.

I took an Iphone class at my local Apple store - I highly recommend it. Everyone had an IPhone but me but it was still very informative. I'm thinking of getting one in March when our current contract runs out.:thumbsup2

Thanks Selket for the link. I can't wait to use my iPhone on my next Disney vacation, talk about being plugged in!

That was a great read! I couldn't have said it better myself. We are staying at Fort Wilderness this June. I brought up the map feature on my iPhone and typed in Disney's Fort Wilderness and it mapped it instantly and gave me turn by turn directions from my house right to Fort Wilderness! And with the 1.13 firmware update coming soon the maps app will include cell tower triangulation so that it will be able to know where you are at. Not quite as good as a real GPS chip, but close & it won't suck up your battery either.

I too have an iphone that I could not live without. No one will ever regret owning an iphone! They are great!

I Maybe in the meantime the DIS boards can setup WAP\Phone access forums for all of us NOT lucky enough to have Safari in hand.........:worship: :goodvibes

Have you tried changing the forum style at the bottom to DIScreet - Mobile ? That is how I used to browse on my cingular 8525 before I got the iphone.

Have you tried changing the forum style at the bottom to DIScreet - Mobile ? That is how I used to browse on my cingular 8525 before I got the iphone.

Wow, thanks for that tip! I never even realized that option was down there! While still not quite as quick as a dedicated set of WAP forums, ;) , that is a much faster browser setting for my Palm.

I thank you very much! :thumbsup2 Now I can easily check things, and get my Disney fix from anywhere much more easily! :cool1:

The only problem w/ that is when a forum has a sponsor or specific skin, you can't change it to Discreet. Like on TPA&S, it will stay Tour Guide Mike, this one will stay DIS Unplugged, etc. But, other than that, it works great!

One of the Passporter author's December newsletters had a big feature about the Iphone - how much she loves it and how she uses it on her travels to WDW and elsewhere. Worth a read if you're interested in the phone: http://www.passporter.com/news/news122007.htm You need to scroll down a bit.

I took an Iphone class at my local Apple store - I highly recommend it. Everyone had an IPhone but me but it was still very informative. I'm thinking of getting one in March when our current contract runs out.:thumbsup2

This was my first trip w/ my Treo and it came in so handy! Similar to Jennifer, I used it so much for planning, looking up info, etc. I had a spreadsheet w/ all my itinerary on it. Then, on each calendar day, I had our park & the parade/show schedules, our ADRs (with confirmation numbers), I had Steve Soares' site bookmarked so I could look up all the shows and stuff that aren't on the Times Guide, and I even had a spreadsheet with all the ride height requirements so that I could quickly look up if my DSs would be able to ride a ride or not. It was great!!

Sounds like Pete has an iPhone too! but when stuck in the middle of nowhere and in a "Technical Twilight Zone" even the great and mighty iPhone couldn't save the day. Maybe Apple can get in touch with Rod Serling to help develop a Twilight Zone resistant v2.0 model:lmao:

Of course even Steve Jobs will have a hard time getting Mr. Serling on the payroll.;)

The other thing I like is that I know have to carry one thing. I have a camera, a phone and my Ipod in one device.

Again....I am not saying this is better than that. I'm just telling you why I like it better.

Kevin

:rotfl: I love your disclaimers Kevin! You need to put that on a business card and hand it out!! :rotfl2: Or put it in your siggy :hug: You need the tag fairy to come and visit you! (i hear she is around.....)

I have a mobileQ I think it is? It runs windows.....anyway it is confusing.

With Apple, like you said, it is the way you think its easy....with windows it I have to think if I was to hide something in a very dumb place where would it be? Oh I found it!

So I need to get the apple touch, since we are on a sprint plan and can't switch for awhile. :cloud9: (save up for Pod Cruise first then touch?)

Thanks for the info everyone!

Those pics were great!

The difference between an Iphone and Itouch is that you surf the web from anywhere with an Iphone. Granted, it's much slower than being in a WiFi spot, but it can be done.

With an Itouch, you have to be in a WiFi spot from what I understand.

I'm not here to slam anybody's choices....to each his/her own...but I have had Treo with Windows and now have an Iphone.

I much prefer the Iphone over the Treo. Maybe it's just a personal thing but I seem to understand the Iphone more that I ever did the Treo. The Iphone seems to be laid out the way I think. I dont know if this makes sense but the Ipone seems to be more logical to me. Things are where I think they should be and it does things the way I think it should.

I also have an 80 gig Ipod (which I love) and it has approx 1600 songs, 800 photos and 4 full length feature films and that uses about 2 gigs. The Iphone's 8 gigs is bigger than I thought. It wasnt until I got the Iphone that I realized exactly how little space I was using on my Ipod..

Kevin

before I became a bum, I traveled a lot for work and have had pretty much every phone, smartphone, and mobile device under the sun... the iPhone rocks for one major reason, it works... nothing to figure out, no lenghty learning curve, it does what ya think it should do when you are trying to do something. The ablility to make a powerful interface so simple is not easy and Apple hit the ball out of the park.

I got the iTouch and used it about a week, all that did was make me want the iPhone, so I returned the iTouch and got the iPhone.

Oh I have Sprint!! So I need a Treo then? :worship:

I love my Ipod though, can you get an iphone and not use it as a phone? That sounded like a dumb question! :confused3

Mommyceratops you can use that Motorala Q you have thru Sprint but you need to upgrade you service for the internet coverage, Email and what not.

;)

And to think -- I was excited because my cell phone had a camera. Thanks a lot you guys...I feel so inadequate now!!! What can I say, I guess I'm just a loser because I don't have an Overland Donner either. :sad2:

:rolleyes1
Mommyceratops you can use that Motorala Q you have thru Sprint but you need to upgrade you service for the internet coverage, Email and what not.

;)

:sad2: Leave to DH to burst my bubble! Hmmm he would post just to get me huh? :rolleyes1

BTW.....:welcome: :darth: :yoda:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter