• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 17 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo, we only need 4 more pages to move? Come on people! We can do it!

I've seen it move 5 pages in little over an hour! Let's get with it! What are you working on right now?

I am working on 3 Thanksgiving Wall Hangings. One for me, one for my daughter, and one for my daughter in law.

My DIL just saw it when she was dropping off GD2 and wants me to make her a Halloween one. She will get me the fabric this afternoon and hopefully I can get it finished this weekend.

How about you?

Nini

What I have in mind for Hannah as one idea is a twirl scallopini with every other twirl being a different fabric (so in other words two fabrics). One would be minnie dot and the other some type of tonal green. or just a tonal red, with a christmas fabric underneath. You could do mickey/minnie christmas embroidery on the tonal pieces.

I also have in mind another scallopini with a snowflake theme. I'd love to make the embroidery into "snow globes" putting them under clear vinyl, with little plastic snowflakes that "move" inside!!!
I just saw this snowglobe design idea...I think it was on the Anita Goodesign site- ite was all christmas themed and made into a tree skirt.
ETA
YUP!
go to www.anitagoodesign.com and click on their virtual catalog and go to page 50-51
VERY COOL! I WANT that!

Embroidery question already!! As I said I have the Bernina Bernette Deco 600. I have the 4X4 hoop and a 6.8x4" hoop. What will this bigger hoop help me do?? Would it be possible to do a design bigger than 4x4 on it?? Or can I just combine designs without re-hooping?? Thanks!
You should be able to use a 5x7 design and just make it a tad bit smaller to fit your 6.8x4" hoop. Although, you do lose some design quality when you resize designs, so beware of that.

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I just called my mom in near tears about it and she said, "did you have her step into it instead of pulling it over her head?" DUH!!! Mom's always know the right answers! :love: It went on much easier that way so I think I am good. I am definitely going to go bigger next time I do a big satin princess dress with that pattern though. I used a really heavy bridal satin so at the waist there are two gathered skirt layers and four bodice layers...that is a lot of material! It isn't going to be easy for her to change in the bathroom before our dinner at CRT stepping into the dress. At least grandma will be there to help!

Now all I have left is the bows and slip stitching the lining down and I will be actually done early with Halloween costumes for the first time ever! Woo Hoo!
I'm so glad you got that figured out! That must have been so frustrating! I can't wait to see pictures!

Tessa's pink Cinderella was definitely the most expensive dress I ever made her and then I kind of screwed up when I was putting in the zipper. It never looked quite right, but the bow in the back covered it up, so it was all good! :thumbsup2

What I have in mind for Hannah as one idea is a twirl scallopini with every other twirl being a different fabric (so in other words two fabrics). One would be minnie dot and the other some type of tonal green. or just a tonal red, with a christmas fabric underneath. You could do mickey/minnie christmas embroidery on the tonal pieces.

I also have in mind another scallopini with a snowflake theme. I'd love to make the embroidery into "snow globes" putting them under clear vinyl, with little plastic snowflakes that "move" inside!!!
I love your idea for the Christmas skirt! That is going to be awesome! I thought about doing the snow globe design. But, none of my other designs would fit inside it since you'd have to make them a lot smaller to fit inside of a snowglobe. I'm thinking filled designs would work great for that, though!

Hi Everyone -

If you could say a prayer, Daniel was just admitted to the hospital because his counts are very very low right now. He had already had the swine flu (first kiddo with cancer at our hospital to get it = what a prize - lol) so not sure why its so low. He did have his more intensive round of chemo last week, so we are hoping he is just recovering from that......

Thanks friends!
Wendy
I'm praying for Daniel. :hug: to you and his family. :hug:

My brother and I use to fight over the Sears Toy catalog every year! I loved it!

Oh no, I hope he will be ok. :hug:
And I got the tattered remnants when they were done. :sad2:

Thank you for the prayers everyone - you are all so sweet - I love sharing to his family the way you all support them in different ways!!! Thank you friends!!

I just got confirmation that my card reader (PED basic) should arrive on Saturday!!!!So, Im hoping to be able to do a Halloween shirt for work for next week!! So, which design should I buy? Will the 4x4 look dumb on my 2x sweatshirt????? or, should I do like a Mickey pumpkin in the middle with candy corns on either side????? Im uber excited!!! I cant wait to try one of Heather's designs for sure as I hear you all talking about them all the time!!!
I used some 4x4 designs on the upper left chest area of some of my shirts. To find the right placement, I tried the shirt on and marked where I wanted it to go. You don't want to put a design in the wrong spot on the chest, if you know what I mean! :rotfl:

I'm posting this morning just so I can see my countdown clock. :) I'm worse than the kids...they're still sleeping, I'm ready to go! For this trip I CASE'd many great ideas I saw here. My oldest is dressing as Giselle in the "curtains dress", the middle sister is "Pink Cinderella" and my youngest is "Disney Store Jasmine" (How can I be Jasmine if I don't wear a 'real' costume?) I've made 4 t-shirts since Monday, all machine applique...can't thank y'all enough for putting up with me on that! And finally the Simply Sweet Cinderella. I'll be sure to take lots of pics. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.
When are you leaving? I can't wait to see your pictures!!

On another note - how hard would it be to add pockets to the Sophie Tunic? I made one for dd for Halloween, she wants to be a nurse and it made a cute scrub top. So cute in fact, that I wouldn't mind making them for me to wear to work, but I need pockets. (I'm not good at altering a pattern, I can follow directions, but the thought of altering it - not really)

Emily

I think it would be really easy. Are you thinking of side pockets, like in the seam of the shirt. Or, are you thinking of square pockets on the front of the shirt?

I just saw this snowglobe design idea...I think it was on the Anita Goodesign site- ite was all christmas themed and made into a tree skirt.
ETA
YUP!
go to www.anitagoodesign.com and click on their virtual catalog and go to page 50-51
VERY COOL! I WANT that!
(The Link isn't working for me...what is the Anita Goodesign site?)

Aww here I thought I was being somewhat original :( I had originally wanted to make it for Disney on Ice with the DoI logo on the shirt, but we all know what a mess that turned out to be (thank you Crystal for your help saving us).

Our Christmas trip isn't until 2010 so I don't know if I'll give it a try this year or not.

I love your idea for the Christmas skirt! That is going to be awesome! I thought about doing the snow globe design. But, none of my other designs would fit inside it since you'd have to make them a lot smaller to fit inside of a snowglobe. I'm thinking filled designs would work great for that, though!

My thought was that since I only have a 5x7 hoop...maybe do the globe as a 5x7 design and the "inside" as a 4x4 design.

I used some 4x4 designs on the upper left chest area of some of my shirts. To find the right placement, I tried the shirt on and marked where I wanted it to go. You don't want to put a design in the wrong spot on the chest, if you know what I mean! :rotfl:

I actually got a cool template at my local brother dealer, but I'm sure other places would have them. It looks like a white carpenters square, but has markings up both pieces for all the adult sizes (xs-xxxl) both men and women. I just line up the center of the front, look for the corresponding line and presto! perfect placement every time. I got it because DH likes the "golf shirt" look, but won't wear heavily embroidered shirts; this way I can do the 4x4 on his chest and the bigger design for the rest of us. THey make one for kids sizes, too.

Hi Everyone -

If you could say a prayer, Daniel was just admitted to the hospital because his counts are very very low right now. He had already had the swine flu (first kiddo with cancer at our hospital to get it = what a prize - lol) so not sure why its so low. He did have his more intensive round of chemo last week, so we are hoping he is just recovering from that......

Thanks friends!
Wendy

Prayers and pixie dust....... sounds like he deserves a break long about now.

Sooooo, we only need 4 more pages to move? Come on people! We can do it!

I've seen it move 5 pages in little over an hour! Let's get with it! What are you working on right now?

I am working on 3 Thanksgiving Wall Hangings. One for me, one for my daughter, and one for my daughter in law.

My DIL just saw it when she was dropping off GD2 and wants me to make her a Halloween one. She will get me the fabric this afternoon and hopefully I can get it finished this weekend.

How about you?

Nini

I've got a pair of jeans embroidering on the machine right this very minute. I should be more attentive, but I'm on the Dis instead. That probably means that the machine is going to eat the jeans at any second.

ETA
YUP!
VERY COOL! I WANT that!

I've never heard of the anita goodesign site. COOL! I'm checking it out. She has some beautiful designs!

:worship: Oh my goodness Janet!!! That is INCREDIBLE!!! Wow wow wow! :worship: The crown, the dress, EVERYTHING!!! It is truly a work of art!

Many thanks! It was fun to revisit those photos.

I wonder if that's what I used on Arminda's Belle skirt? It was from Joann's. I need to go find a picture of it. I used Carla's Flouncy skirt pattern, so I didn't have to gather anything, thank goodness!

Here she is at Akershus with a petti underneath. I didn't really get any very good pictures of her in it!

8333_158422503159_677208159_2758891_4498640_n.jpg

and, the whole gang. Don't they all just look like they are melting! It was very hot! Record breaking!
8333_158422483159_677208159_2758890_2847532_n.jpg

Adorable photos! (not to mention the kids and customs!) I do love the Belle skirt, so comfy with the t-shirt, but also gorgeous!

I'm trying to move the page along...with pictures. I was thinking last time we showed ruffles ( butt ruffles I believe:) ) to make the last few pages go quicker. So how about castle pictures or something like that to get us in the mood? To make it appropriate for this board....kids with customs on in front of the castle??

Here is my daughter in front of the Partners statue ( I know you might have to use your imagination a bit to think of the castle) wearing her Briar Rose costume before Bippity Boppity Boutique

DisneyWorldSeptember2009500.jpg

And here she is after the makeover....now she is Aurora/Sleeping Beauty! At least these do have the castle in them. So anyone else up for the castle/custom picture challenge?

DisneyWorldSeptember2009537.jpg

DisneyWorldSeptember2009538.jpg

Embroidery question already!! As I said I have the Bernina Bernette Deco 600. I have the 4X4 hoop and a 6.8x4" hoop. What will this bigger hoop help me do?? Would it be possible to do a design bigger than 4x4 on it?? Or can I just combine designs without re-hooping?? Thanks!

I don't have this machine, but from what I saw online, it looks like it only does a 4x4 design. You can try putting a larger desing on your card and putting it on the machine, it will tell you if it won't work.

LOOK at these SANTAS! HOW CUTE! Wouldn't that be the cutest quilt?
http://www.anita-goodesign.com/Ecommerce/Products.asp?CatID=70

(scroll down to the bottom of the page)

There's an Anita Good Design Club. I've belonged for 2 years and I love the monthly selections. You can join at your dealer's store. If you don't like the monthly selections, just bring them back and choose something else. The designs stitch out beautifully.

Square on the front, easier to get stuff in and out of.

Emily

Here is a tutorial: http://sewducky.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/patch-pocket-tutorial/

I'm trying to move the page along...with pictures. I was thinking last time we showed ruffles ( butt ruffles I believe:) ) to make the last few pages go quicker. So how about castle pictures or something like that to get us in the mood? To make it appropriate for this board....kids with customs on in front of the castle??

Here is my daughter in front of the Partners statue ( I know you might have to use your imagination a bit to think of the castle) wearing her Briar Rose costume before Bippity Boppity Boutique

th_DisneyWorldSeptember2009500.jpg

She looks so cute Maureen! I love the Briar Rose dress

And here she is after the makeover....now she is Aurora/Sleeping Beauty! At least these do have the castle in them. So anyone else up for the castle/custom picture challenge?

th_DisneyWorldSeptember2009537.jpg

th_DisneyWorldSeptember2009538.jpg
I love that! I remember you talking about this dress, but I don't remember if you made it or had it made. It's so cute!

i can't believe it's almost time to move again! I must get busy sewing today. I've got 3 pirate costumes to finish up.....and then get started on a billion other things for our trip. It seems like it's coming up so fast and I've got so many things planned out to do, just not enough time to get them all done. I'm hoping to have lots to share on the new thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter