Disboutiquers Part 19 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cheer2: Back to school today! I was totally ready to send my two little devils and then I realized back to school means back to work for me, lol!

But good news: when I got home the coat pattern I ordered was here waiting for me. Now I just have to make it, wish me luck!

yeah back to school means I have to get up early too. I was concerned for Georgia's day would be too hectic and she would not be in a good mood....but she had a great day. Got a new book from the school library and is super excited to read it. Right now she is watching Jonas movie we rented from the country library that will go back when she is done to get a new movie. I love that the library has movies.

I've been on here all day and I go and get busy with the grandkids and you all move while I'm gone.:rotfl:\

Oh well I found you.

Teresa, so if and when it ever makes it to 60 here again...if I complain, you'll drive to Texas? Yeah! Then I'd finally get to meet you! I'm bummed I'm missing you in May.
You should just extend your vacation a few days!
My DH and I keep trying to decide if we should have a third baby. We go back and forth. I guess it would be an easier decision if we knew we could have a boy and I wasn't sick for 9 months straight! It is a long 9 months for me and my family.:rolleyes1
Yes, three is a good number!!!
Heather had horrible migraines when she was pregnant too, she can comiserate with you!

I should have swung by your house when I went to my cousin's house the other day! Corey fixed her computer for her.

I forgot to mention that it is FREEZING here!!!!! My poor DH has had to work nights where it has gotten down to 1 degree! I wish he didn't have to be outdoors in the cold!

I wish we could move some place warmer but I am also one of those people who could never move away from my family...although there are days....:lmao:

What does your hubby do?
In the winter I always ask myself WHY anyone would chose to live in Michigan???

It is a fast usually done in January where you restrict what you eat to just fruit and vegetables. It is Biblical in its origin.

So there we have it!

Now all I need is willpower....!
Hmm, sounds interesting.

I have a quick question for you...

On the Simply Sweet pattern that goes to a size 8... any ideas on how to make it a 10? I assume the skirt I would just add 2" like in the difference of the other sizes, but as far as the top goes, do I add an inch or two all the way around it it just to the sides?

I see Heather answered you. I used that method to upsize one to a 10/12 and it turned out great.

What was everyone's favorite Christmas present? I have two - my embroidery machine from my husband and parents, and our Flip video camera from MIL & FIL. Also, not for me, but I LOVE the gifts that my BIL gave my kids - he teaches English at a university in South Korea and he brought back authentic clothing for each of them. For Ella, he brought her a gorgeous silk gown with a matching short jacket and headband. And for Caleb, he brought a taekwondo uniform (Caleb is currently a blue belt in TKD) and it has a Korean flag embroidered on the front and his name in Korean on the back. So neat!
!

Do you have pictures of Ella and Caleb in their outfits?

My sons were invited to a first birthday party of dear friends' little girl. I want to sew her something, but I only have until Saturday to get it done. Any ideas? Normally I'd say that was plenty of time, but I have one of my sons home with me until Thursday so I am basically devoting most of my time and attention to him.

Also, if I make her a simple little dress, would it be better just to embroider her first initial or to do the proper three initial monogram?

Dawn
I would do her first initial.

In the spirit of the snow talk and getting closer to the move here is a pic of the boys in October.
th_IMG_7530.jpg
Cute picture!

You know the "obligatory Minnie sewing machine picture"? I think Minnie's house will be gone by the time we get there in September. Do you think my DH would understand a short trip to Disney just to get a picture :rolleyes1

I think that is a great idea!
Here's another random pic. My boys with 2 cousins and my brother over the summer walking to the park.
th_IMG_5843.jpg

That looks nice and warm!
We probably did...yep we did...I think I spent most of the last part of the summer in a fog!

Get out!!!!! We were married on the 6th of July! We were going to be married on the 8th but we changed it the week of the wedding so we could have a longer vacation! No kidding! We got married in our back yard with just our family and our best friends there so it was no big deal to change it. Now we have the hardest time remembering the date because for months before we would say it was easy...7/8....so that stuck in our heads...so Tim gave me a new ring to match his with our date engraved on the inside, so I have to look at it to remember sometimes.

Where are you staying?

BTW the reason he gave me a new band is becuase my band belonged to my great-grandmother. My grandmother (Katie...whom my Katie is named after) gave it to my great-grandma when she was 11 years old. At 11 she had a job and she saved all of her money so that my great-grandma could have a wedding band. My grandma, Katie died the year before I was born, but my great-grandma lived to be 91 and passed away in 1993. She left the ring to my mom. My first marriage my mom didn't even offer the ring...I think we all knew that was doomed. Then when Tim and I got married she asked Tim if he would like to give it to me. I was thrilled! But, someday I would like for Katie to have it, so Tim already gave me a replacement. Long story, but just thought I would share.

That is such a sweet story!!! Thank you! What did your grandma do to earn money?

And here is the Princess dress that I forgot to take a picture of while my DD5 was wearing it. I used fabric I had lying around :)

th_princessdress.jpg

She got spaghetti sauce on it :(

And I don't know why my pictures are showing up so small. I think maybe because I changed the resolution on my camera. (Now that I am thinking of it, I bet that is what happened)
I love the dress!
That's the one good thing about snow. The cute snow pictures! Here's one of Tessa in the cool fort that Henry made for the kids a few weeks ago!
th_Snowfort003_800x528.jpg

Aw...that is really sweet! I think Sawyer has that brown/orange shirt! What does it have on the front?

Here is the birthday cake that I made for Lydia's 7th birthday:
th_Snowfort017_637x600.jpg

I looked all over for an astronaut to put on top of it and couldn't find one. I had to dig this one out of my mom's toy box (I cleaned it up first of course):
th_Snowfort016_800x533.jpg
I love the snow fort!
Lydia loved the cake! I should have sent over the Tinker Toy astronaut we have.
Random question...

What would you attempt to do if you knew you wouldn't fail?

Have another baby.

How do you all wash your pettiskirts? My daughters white one is a mess after a week in Disney! Thanks!

Jessica
I have put them in the washer on gentle cycle before, but I usually wash them by hand and hang them up. They are quite durable. (at least the ones I order are)

Lost :lovestruc and Secret life (which comes back on tonight) :flower3:

I watched Secret Life for the first time last night. Then, Brian came home and told me it was inappropriate and changed the channel! :snooty:

Favorite TV shows- Lost is my absolute favorite! I also love the Office! I used to love ER and still mourn the loss. Henry and I just watched the first season of Breaking Bad on DVD and we both really liked it. I would admit to liking Dexter, but my sister would think I'm terribly twisted. I have rented all of the seasons of Big Love on DVD, too. Okay, that's all I can think of at the moment.
It disturbs me greatly that a show like Dexter is on the air AND has fans. You are right!

I love the Office though!

Yay Froggy!!! I totally understand! If only I had a tag, my life would be complete.

:rotfl:

Nice ring stoy! I've got one too I'll share. My grandmother's engagement ring was stolen when the hose was broken into, so my grandfather replaced it with the biggest one he could find (or so he said, maybe it was the biggest he could afford!). It's 3 carats in a platinum setting, absolutely gorgeous. She called it her door knob, but loved it. My mother inherited it when grandma died, but since there were 2 girls (my sister and I) she had a hard decision to make. We both had pregnancies due in April (diamond birthstone!) but those babies came early at the end of March. The dilemma was solved when Rebecca (due in May) came early on April 27th. My "unexpected blessing" helped my mom make the decision just by being an early bird! LOL Here's a pic mom took on afternoon when she was watching her...she took the ring off her finger and let Rebecca hold it...I think she's about 6 weeks here, I had just started exercising again, and she'd stay with Mema when I was out.

th_000_0033_resized.jpg
Oh my goodness, how cute!!!

Hey I jus tthought I would tell you all... My disboards anniversary is January 9th :love:

Oh what would have I done this last year without you :hug:

And on another note.... Im headed to Hobby lobby in 24 minutes! :D
Woo Hoo on both!!!

I just got back from Hobby Lobby, where I deliberated for about a half hour on what pattern to get. It might have been longer...
I bought the satin for both dresses and the zippers. I think that's all I needed and I can get started. The dresses should come to about $15 each. It would have been cheaper, but for the sheer overlay, I bought a really pretty fabric with embroidered flowers on it. (I know there is a proper name for this fabric, but I can't think of the name of it). Anyway, that was $4.50 a yard.

In an attempt to entertain myself while I wait for everyone to sign in I thought I would browse other threads. A rarity I know...

So I see "DIS Dads" and I know I have seen it before, but never clicked on it, on the first page they are all excited, they "Blew up the DIS" because they didnt know what happened to their thread (they had hit page 250 and they had to create a new thread) which is still going now....started 7/11. Just made me chuckle.

They also seem to think long treads by women are about nasty women arguing about strollers or something. Cracked me up.

I did like that women have been polite and not posted on their thread.

I made it over. Definitely don't want to miss my updates on this thread. But now I have to do housework since DD is FINALLY down for a nap that seems like it might last longer than an hour.

I just got back from Hobby Lobby, where I deliberated for about a half hour on what pattern to get. It might have been longer...
I bought the satin for both dresses and the zippers. I think that's all I needed and I can get started. The dresses should come to about $15 each. It would have been cheaper, but for the sheer overlay, I bought a really pretty fabric with embroidered flowers on it. (I know there is a proper name for this fabric, but I can't think of the name of it). Anyway, that was $4.50 a yard.

$15 is pretty low on cost. I can't wait to see these dresses. I bet they will just as beautiful as the girls. If that is possible.

That is quite funny Nicole!!! I wondered about that thread...?

HEATHERSUE!!!! What about that suitcase. Inquiring minds MUST know!

Hey you guys!!!!!!:wave2:

Dangit, I missed page 1, but I have a good excuse - I was playing with my new toy!! Having fun! Page 2 isn't to shabby!

I gotta go feed my family or something. But after dinner, I'm going to play around with a couple more designs. Maybe if I'm brave, I'll post pics later. . .

ETA: Shucks - I see I was too late for even page 2! Page 3 it is!

Bummer, I had to go to work and y'all left without me. Here I am, all the way on page 3, and my machine's broken (again) to boot. Anyone want an invitation to my pity party:rotfl:

In an attempt to entertain myself while I wait for everyone to sign in I thought I would browse other threads. A rarity I know...

So I see "DIS Dads" and I know I have seen it before, but never clicked on it, on the first page they are all excited, they "Blew up the DIS" because they didnt know what happened to their thread (they had hit page 250 and they had to create a new thread) which is still going now....started 7/11. Just made me chuckle.

They also seem to think long treads by women are about nasty women arguing about strollers or something. Cracked me up.

hehehehe I have never peeked in there. I might just have to go wonder around over there. Men are a great source of comedy aren't they?

That is quite funny Nicole!!! I wondered about that thread...?

HEATHERSUE!!!! What about that suitcase. Inquiring minds MUST know!

That is a Hey's suitcase & they are really pricey! Right before Cmas they had them on amazon for like 50% off and I was sooo tempted to buy one but since we were trying for a budget holiday I held back and now I am kicking myself for not picking it up. Oh well...at least we can all share Heather's virtual one :rotfl:
PS...they also have cute Minnie, fairies and princess ones!

:rotfl:
I love that you braved that thread for us. That is great that they think we argue about strollers. :rotfl2:
My hubby wants to troll the dis forums so bad, but I told him he can't because they'd probably ban my IP. :( That would probably be a good thread for him to troll. I am against trolling, so don't hate me. :eek:

SCENTSY QUESTION
Someone in the thread posted something about Scentsy, so I ordered one and it just came in. I'm noticing the scent isn't that strong. I guess I am spoiled by Circle E. How many cubes am I supposed to put in there to get alot of scent going on? How do you know when to change it out? I find their website very uninformative.

That is a Hey's suitcase & they are really pricey! Right before Cmas they had them on amazon for like 50% off and I was sooo tempted to buy one but since we were trying for a budget holiday I held back and now I am kicking myself for not picking it up. Oh well...at least we can all share Heather's virtual one :rotfl:
PS...they also have cute Minnie, fairies and princess ones!

Ooooo...Thanks! I would like to look, but if they are pricey I probably won't get one.

SCENTSY QUESTION
Someone in the thread posted something about Scentsy, so I ordered one and it just came in. I'm noticing the scent isn't that strong. I guess I am spoiled by Circle E. How many cubes am I supposed to put in there to get alot of scent going on? How do you know when to change it out? I find their website very uninformative.

My friends sells Scentsy and I was thinking about getting one when we move and one of the plug in ones for Peach's room, and the bathroom then too... So this is good info for me to learn.

What is Circle E?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter