Disboutiquers Part 19 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an attempt to entertain myself while I wait for everyone to sign in I thought I would browse other threads. A rarity I know...

So I see "DIS Dads" and I know I have seen it before, but never clicked on it, on the first page they are all excited, they "Blew up the DIS" because they didnt know what happened to their thread (they had hit page 250 and they had to create a new thread) which is still going now....started 7/11. Just made me chuckle.

They also seem to think long treads by women are about nasty women arguing about strollers or something. Cracked me up.

I did like that women have been polite and not posted on their thread.

I've never peaked into that thread. I always wondered what they talked about!!! I might have to go take a look. I won't post, just snoop...

$15 is pretty low on cost. I can't wait to see these dresses. I bet they will just as beautiful as the girls. If that is possible.

Thank you Kelly! I HOPE they turn out ok! Arminda is getting to that age when it's harder to make things that fit right, if you know what I mean! ;)

Teresa- Wish I had the talent to make a pretty satin dress...
Thanks! It's really not that hard if you use a lot of pins! At least that's how I have to do it.

Hey you guys!!!!!!:wave2:

Dangit, I missed page 1, but I have a good excuse - I was playing with my new toy!! Having fun! Page 2 isn't to shabby!

I gotta go feed my family or something. But after dinner, I'm going to play around with a couple more designs. Maybe if I'm brave, I'll post pics later. . .

WOO HOO!!! I can't wait for pictures!!!

Corey took the old card reader (for my Viking Rose embroidery machine) to school today (he takes a computer class) to see if they could get it working. His teacher didn't have a cord to make it work though. Does anyone know where to get a good deal on the Ultimate Box?

SCENTSY QUESTION
Someone in the thread posted something about Scentsy, so I ordered one and it just came in. I'm noticing the scent isn't that strong. I guess I am spoiled by Circle E. How many cubes am I supposed to put in there to get alot of scent going on? How do you know when to change it out? I find their website very uninformative.

I really like Scentsy. I usually put 2-3 cubes in a regular burner and I change them when I don't smell it any longer. Some scents do seem to be stronger than others. My favorite right now is cutiepie cupcake.

On the last thread, the person that made that super cute kimono style shirt posted the fabric info for me - I lost the quote when I moved, I just wanted to say THANK YOU!

My friends sells Scentsy and I was thinking about getting one when we move and one of the plug in ones for Peach's room, and the bathroom then too... So this is good info for me to learn.

What is Circle E?
http://www.circleecandles.com/
They are my favorite candles. Just one candle makes my whole house smell. I love the scents. Bird of paradise is my favorite. My only issue with them is I worry that I will forget to blow out the flame one day/night. I am having some memory issues, so I figured I'd try a safer alternative. I'm already missing my Circle E though.
Oooh look.. they have "candle tarts" I think that is to put inside the warmer thingie. http://www.circleecandles.com/products/candle_tarts/natures_refreshing/bird_of_paradise
I went to their showroom in Texas once. It was candle heaven.

http://www.circleecandles.com/
They are my favorite candles. Just one candle makes my whole house smell. I love the scents. Bird of paradise is my favorite. My only issue with them is I worry that I will forget to blow out the flame one day/night. I am having some memory issues, so I figured I'd try a safer alternative. I'm already missing my Circle E though.
Oooh look.. they have "candle tarts" I think that is to put inside the warmer thingie. http://www.circleecandles.com/products/candle_tarts/natures_refreshing/bird_of_paradise
I went to their showroom in Texas once. It was candle heaven.

Oh they look nice, I just requested a catalog. I love candles and finding good ones is always a plus!

I really like Scentsy. I usually put 2-3 cubes in a regular burner and I change them when I don't smell it any longer. Some scents do seem to be stronger than others. My favorite right now is cutiepie cupcake.

On the last thread, the person that made that super cute kimono style shirt posted the fabric info for me - I lost the quote when I moved, I just wanted to say THANK YOU!
Ah okay. I was wondering if some of them were stronger. There were so many scents to choose from. I have 2 in right now. I'll go for 3 maybe that will help. I'm using perfectly pink right now.

Oh they look nice, I just requested a catalog. I love candles and finding good ones is always a plus!
You won't regret it. Maybe you have a retailer next to you. Over here every gift shop has them.

Okay....... I want to know where that picture of the suitcase came from. Is this something new? Or a old picture? I want that suitcase!!!
I just found the picture by doing a search for "Disney luggage". But, I see that we have answers about the mysterious suitcase!

Good job Heather!!!! :thumbsup2

Who won Pretty Pretty Princess??
Sawyer, he always wins! :rotfl: I wanted to take his picture, but he started taking off his earrings and such before I could get the camera.

Hey I jus tthought I would tell you all... My disboards anniversary is January 9th

Oh what would have I done this last year without you

And on another note.... Im headed to Hobby lobby in 24 minutes!
Aw....happy anniversary! :hug: I've made some wonderful friendships on this thread in the last 2 1/2 years!

Thanks for explaining "in the hoop" Heather! That did make sense.

Question for you (or anyone else who can answer) if I buy a design that states it is for a 5x7 hoop - can I make it bigger or smaller depending on what I end up making? I want to start buying some designs but I don't necessarily know what I will be making with them yet - so I don't know what size! I have a brother 1500d with a 5x7 hoop and a 10x6 hoop.
If you resize the designs, you can cause little things to go awry in the design, or big things on occasion. Things may not line up right anymore. I always include every size of the design so people have a choice of what size they'd like to make (4x4, 5x7, and 6x10 on most designs).

:cheer2: Back to school today! I was totally ready to send my two little devils and then I realized back to school means back to work for me, lol!

But good news: when I got home the coat pattern I ordered was here waiting for me. Now I just have to make it, wish me luck!
Yay! Good luck on the coat!

I should have swung by your house when I went to my cousin's house the other day! Corey fixed her computer for her.

I just got back from Hobby Lobby, where I deliberated for about a half hour on what pattern to get. It might have been longer...
I bought the satin for both dresses and the zippers. I think that's all I needed and I can get started. The dresses should come to about $15 each. It would have been cheaper, but for the sheer overlay, I bought a really pretty fabric with embroidered flowers on it. (I know there is a proper name for this fabric, but I can't think of the name of it). Anyway, that was $4.50 a yard.
We should have planned to meet up with her before we left! Why didn't we think of that? We'll have to do that sometime!

Wow, great deal on the fabric for the dresses!! I can't wait to see what you make. It sounds so pretty!!!

Bummer, I had to go to work and y'all left without me. Here I am, all the way on page 3, and my machine's broken (again) to boot. Anyone want an invitation to my pity party:
Yee-HAW!! I'm there!

That is a Hey's suitcase & they are really pricey! Right before Cmas they had them on amazon for like 50% off and I was sooo tempted to buy one but since we were trying for a budget holiday I held back and now I am kicking myself for not picking it up. Oh well...at least we can all share Heather's virtual one
PS...they also have cute Minnie, fairies and princess ones!
Thanks for the info!! I just wanted to find on that was too small for any of you to fit in because I didn't want to lug you all over to the new thread. ;)

If anyone else was curious about the suitcase...
http://www.heysusa.com/heys-disney/311377/665118

Thanks! I don't think I'll be purchasing one, though! Yikes!

AHHHHHHHHH...I missed the move! That's what I get for playing barbies, cooking dinner, and folding laundry! What was I thinking? :goodvibes

Sawyer, he always wins! :rotfl: I wanted to take his picture, but he started taking off his earrings and such before I could get the camera.

We should have planned to meet up with her before we left! Why didn't we think of that? We'll have to do that sometime!

You are so mean not wanting to haul us around! :snooty:

I wish you would have gotten a picture! I'm surprised he plays that game!!

Someday we will do that!

AHHHHHHHHH...I missed the move! That's what I get for playing barbies, cooking dinner, and folding laundry! What was I thinking? :goodvibes

Yeah, what were you thinking??

Could you remind me what your real name is? You know, if I ever run into you at Hobby Lobby or something I will know what to yell other than "HEY DisneyGirlsandDrew!" people might look at me funny or something....

I made it! I left work, ya'll were on page 246ish (that is a word, right?). Get home, run up to the library, where the very helpful librarian tells me yes, you are one book short. On the way home I think, I KNOW THEY MOVED!!

I just got here, you can't lose me that easy!

Carrie

PS. How do you all get the auto signature?? This isn't as easy as outlook!

I made it, wow you guys are fast. So jealous of everyone's new embroidery machines, I have been stalking e*ay and craigslist, I think I have a lead on a barely used Brother 700ii, fingers crossed it is in good shape, because a new one is just not in the budget. BUT I NEED ONE BADLY!! You guys are the only ones to understand because DH does not think I need one, "why do you need one, you already have a sewing machine" He just doesn't get it.:confused3

So what is everyone's new years resolution? I have three,
1. To lose weight the healthy way
2. To keep on a budget, we are credit card free for the first time since we have been married, it is hard, but defintely worth it.
3. To sew more and to start to learn to quilt.
Have a great night everyone !!!!

I should have swung by your house when I went to my cousin's house the other day! Corey fixed her computer for her.

What does your hubby do?
In the winter I always ask myself WHY anyone would chose to live in Michigan???

I just got back from Hobby Lobby, where I deliberated for about a half hour on what pattern to get. It might have been longer...
I bought the satin for both dresses and the zippers. I think that's all I needed and I can get started. The dresses should come to about $15 each. It would have been cheaper, but for the sheer overlay, I bought a really pretty fabric with embroidered flowers on it. (I know there is a proper name for this fabric, but I can't think of the name of it). Anyway, that was $4.50 a yard.

It would have been nice to meet! Some day we will. I always look for you guys in fabric departments! :) Why in the world would you not want to yell my dis name across the store?! :lmao: That would be funny! My real name is Rochelle.
My DH is a police officer. He sure has had a lot of strange cases lately. Maybe everyone is going a little crazy here because of the cold!:cold:

What a great price for flower girl dresses! Can't wait to see them!
!

We will do that sometime!

To those of you discussing anniversaries on the last thread...my 10 year is in July too...the 22nd!

Marah....what kind of puppy was that on the last thread? He's adorable! I've been trying to talk my DH into getting a dog.

Ya'll moved without me :confused3 I just went out to dinner with dh and come back and a new thread was started! I hope to keep up with this one. I have pics from Disney in Sept I never shared and Christmas pics of outfits I made.

Resolutions for the year
1 To loose weight
2 to use up my fabric stash
3 to keep up with this thread!

Random question...

What would you attempt to do if you knew you wouldn't fail?
World Domination!!! To invoke world peace of course! :hippie::lmao: You didn't expect that answer did you?!?!

Kira-I love :love: Circle E candles and Bird of Paradise is my fav too!! It makes my entire apt smell blissfully sweet!!

I kinda made it! I go off to Zumba and you guys move on me!

Lori---I am kinda working on outfits. I am having a redo for Animal Kingdom and the kids want to wear the outfits I made this past year for the beach. so that leaves me with 5 days of outfits times 3 kids...so 15 outfits and then one surprise outfit for the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise...so 18 outifts to do. Actually, it may still be 15 because Tim wants us to all have matching classic Mickey ringer Tee's to match one day....good lord did I ever convert him!

Teresa - I do not know what my grandma did to earn the money...I will have to call mom to ask and I will get back to you on that....I guess I never asked...hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter