Disboutiquers Part 22 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With just over 30 days left before our December disney trip I think I have completed most of the outfits for DGD.

I credit this thread with inspiring me to make this many outfits! It will be interesting to see if she actually gets a chance to wear them all, and what kind of reactions she will get.

I have posted most of these before, but here they are in order and what they are designed to go with:

Dinner at Chef Mickey's
100_4481.jpg

Bibbidy Bobbidi Boutique and dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table (I have since added covered buttons to the drape peaks and center of the bodice)
100_3469.jpg

50s Prime Time Cafe/Hollywood studios
100_3656.jpg

Tusker House breakfast/Animal Kingdom (I may add a minnie head to the tee and shorten the necklace?)
100_4478.jpg

Dinner at 1900 Park Fare (want to make a peasant top to wear underneath)
100_4330.jpg

Small World Dress for Epcot Day
100_4485.jpg

Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and Hollywood Studios day
100_4465.jpg

Lilo and Stitch breakfast at Ohana and Animal Kingdom
100_4473.jpg

Everything came out BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the combination of fabric and pattern of the Epcot dress...isn't that the funnest fabric! The Belle Dress is amazing...I'm not that brave to work with the fancy fabrics...I cheated and got my DD a Belle dress on ebay:) I'm sure she will get lots of responses in all her outfits. Have a great time.

Help, does anyone know where I can get some of the finding nemo fabric that has all of the characters in blocks in a line hope that makes sence, I ordered some, but it got backordered. We leave in 18 days and it is the only fabric I still need, and I can't find it anywhere. Thanks

Good evening ladies! Can I please ask a favor for my daughter...especially if you live in Oklahoma, Mississippi, Delaware or Wyoming :rotfl2: (other states are also very much appreciated).

My daugther Claire is in 2nd grade, and they are having a postcard club. They are collecting postcards from as many states and countries as they can. When they get a postcard, they talk about the state/country that it came from, and then the child who received it gets to bring it home. They have 46 states right now, and many countries, but as you can imagine, they love getting postcards, even duplicates, so the more the merrier...

Anyone want to send a postcard?

The address is:
Mrs. Deborah Hart's Class
Attn: Claire
Van Gorden Elementary
6475 Lesourdsville West Chester Rd
Liberty Township, OH 45011

Thanks!!!!

Just wanted to let you know that I mailed my postcard from Oklahoma today. I appoligize for taking so long, my mother passed away unexpectedly last Tuesday and I've been helping my dad.

My goodness this gang is such a bunch of enablers! :lmao:

I wasn't going to make DD3 any customs for our upcoming Thanksgiving trip, but have since changed my mind. I think I'm going to make a few skirts for her to wear. She can always wear leggings underneath if it's chilly.

So today at lunch time I went to HL & Hancocks, had a hard time finding Disney prints, they're pretty low. But I ended up with the Purple background Minnie Fabric that I'll do the Audrey Ruffle skirt for with solid ruffles on the back. Also picked up several animal prints that I'll do a twirl skirt for AK with.

Now, onto figuring out what to do for Epcot and MGM days. Could use some help with that.

Where did the adorable fabric come from for the Small World Epcot dress shown above?

Thanks for the inspiration!

(18 days and counting!)

Thanks! I think I found the small world doll fabric at Joanns and the coordinating Hello fabric I bought from someone on ebay. The flags fabric I got at Joanns also. The doll fabric is called Children of the World You and Me by Alexander Henry. I found it at Joanns, but you can find sellers on etsy if Joanns is sold out. The Hello fabric is called Good Earth Hello by Alexander Henry. Again if you google it you may find some sellers. HTH.

so here is the costume I made for my granddaughter (3) who is a RoCk StAr for halloween:

76877_10150097878420833_732375832_7768013_3173172_n.jpg

and both of the grandbabies (his favorite thing in the world is to be a firefighter like his uncle)

76605_10150097878345833_732375832_7768008_4763548_n.jpg

Love all of them, but this one is so cute!! I love those fabrics (used the same ones for my little one. I've been going back and forth about getting this pattern, love the way you used it.

I have been thinking about purchasing this pattern too. Is it fairly easy to do? Can a shirt be worn under it? I just don't want to make it if you can't since it is cold here. I would have to wait until spring.

Just popping in to take a peek. I haven't been on this thread in a long time. I'm starting to feel a tad guilty that I haven't made anything for my upcoming trip. I have 40 days left. I still have Christmas fabrics left from last year. I may throw an outfit or two together. She even has two I made for our December trip last year that she never wore due to bad weather. I may take just take them apart and reassemble so they fit.

There are beautiful things being posted, as usual. I did go through the last 10 or so pages and look.

Hi Ladies! I'm looking for a cute apron pattern with ruffles. Know of any? This would be for a woman, not child...thanks!

Thanks for all the compliments on the patchwork skirt! It was so much fun to sew, which really surprised me!

I am so far behind I cannot even figure out where I was to start multi quoting! Everyone's halloween costumes look awesome!

I dropped the kitty Saturday night and made Emily a senorita skirt with twirl skirt tutorial. I have decided I no doubt bit off more than I could chew on that one. We got a lot of compliments though.
halloween6.jpg

I love it!!! She looks so pretty!

With just over 30 days left before our December disney trip I think I have completed most of the outfits for DGD.

I credit this thread with inspiring me to make this many outfits! It will be interesting to see if she actually gets a chance to wear them all, and what kind of reactions she will get.

I have posted most of these before, but here they are in order and what they are designed to go with:

Dinner at Chef Mickey's
100_4481.jpg

Lilo and Stitch breakfast at Ohana and Animal Kingdom
100_4473.jpg
LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL the outfits!!! I have a soft spot for that Lilo fabric!!! I am hording my last little bit of it!

All of these are so gorgeous! I wish I was a little girl again so that I could wear such beautiful dresses.

Vicki, I think you could totally wear these!! I'm sure Chuck wouldn't mind! :thumbsup2

I absolutely love all of these! I don't even think I could pick a favorite!

On a separate note...we leave in 10 days

I still have a ton to sew, but have put myself on a schedule. If I don't get it all done, then so be it. I know we'll have a great time regardless.
You are right, you will have a great time no matter what!!!

Love the Twirl Skirt and your setting is beautiful.

Thank you! It was warm out the other day too, so that made it seem prettier to me!

Help, does anyone know where I can get some of the finding nemo fabric that has all of the characters in blocks in a line hope that makes sence, I ordered some, but it got backordered. We leave in 18 days and it is the only fabric I still need, and I can't find it anywhere. Thanks

I have this:

S6306182.JPG

PM me if that's what you are looking for.

so here is the costume I made for my granddaughter (3) who is a RoCk StAr for halloween:

TOOOO CUTE!!!

I haven't posted in ages, but I just realized that I never shared the outfits I made Tessa for back to school. I know, I'm a schmuck for coming back after forever and then posting pictures of outfits instead of commenting on the wide variety of super-cuteness I am seeing. :guilty:

Here is the outfit that I made Tessa for the 1st day of 2nd grade. I used Carla's preppy skirt pattern, but I only did a single layer for the circle skirt and I just serged the bottom edge and added the trim.

SecondGradefirstday008Medium.jpg
SecondGradefirstday031Medium.jpg

Lovin' on her brother (I made his shirt over the summer):

SecondGradefirstday047Medium.jpg

Here's the outfit I made her for the 2nd day of school. I used Carla's preppy skirt pattern, with a few modifications.

Firstand2nddayofschool032Medium.jpg
Firstand2nddayofschool028Medium.jpg

I made Sawyer's shirt almost 2 years ago. It just now fits him. LOL!
Firstand2nddayofschool038Medium.jpg

Firstand2nddayofschool015Medium.jpg

And this is just because I love this picture.
Firstand2nddayofschool001Medium.jpg

Here's one more. This is what we wore to a Halloween party. The only thing I made was the applique on my shirt.

Halloween2010020Medium.jpg

I think you look so cute!!!

Did you see we were talking about you a few pages ago?

I just went back and read through some posts. I am positively blushing. I especially loved when I was compared to CarlaC. I love you guys! :lovestruc

I haven't posted in ages, but I just realized that I never shared the outfits I made Tessa for back to school. I know, I'm a schmuck for coming back after forever and then posting pictures of outfits instead of commenting on the wide variety of super-cuteness I am seeing. :guilty:

Here is the outfit that I made Tessa for the 1st day of 2nd grade. I used Carla's preppy skirt pattern, but I only did a single layer for the circle skirt and I just serged the bottom edge and added the trim.

SecondGradefirstday008Medium.jpg
SecondGradefirstday031Medium.jpg

Lovin' on her brother (I made his shirt over the summer):

SecondGradefirstday047Medium.jpg

Here's the outfit I made her for the 2nd day of school. I used Carla's preppy skirt pattern, with a few modifications.

Firstand2nddayofschool032Medium.jpg
Firstand2nddayofschool028Medium.jpg

I made Sawyer's shirt almost 2 years ago. It just now fits him. LOL!
Firstand2nddayofschool038Medium.jpg

Firstand2nddayofschool015Medium.jpg

And this is just because I love this picture.
Firstand2nddayofschool001Medium.jpg

You, your family and the clothes are all SUPER CUTE!!

and both of the grandbabies (his favorite thing in the world is to be a firefighter like his uncle)

76605_10150097878345833_732375832_7768008_4763548_n.jpg

Adorable kids and costumes, I especially love the rock star costume!!

Just wanted to share a couple of Big Give projects that are completed! I haven't had a chance to share anything for a very long time. :goodvibes

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0131-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter