Disboutiquers Part 22 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
46306_1573569660939_1286485634_31495797_4666545_n.jpg

You'll look so hot! I just copied the copy image location from your facebook page and inserted in here by clicking the little photo looking thing at the top with a mountain. Thanks Teresajoy!

I only added that one, not sure which ones you were sharing.

ETA - okay, adding some more, I can see when I quote where you tried to post them.

46585_1573569140926_1286485634_31495786_7988160_n.jpg

44434_1573570180952_1286485634_31495799_8206632_n.jpg

I would have loved to see Jim do this! I had the pleasure of meeting Kathy and Jim almost two years ago and what a wonderful couple! Are you guys coming this February?

Thanks Jessica, I copied the image location and used the mountain thingy but it didn't work when I did it.:confused3

I would love to come but I have to be here on Tues & Thurs to take DGD4 to school and homeschool DGD6 while DD works. The way I'm looking at everyones dates I would only have 1 day with you guys and I'm just not sure that is worth spending the money. I have an annual pass but would have airfare and lodging to pay for and I would most likely be coming by myself. Just don't know that I can swing it.:sad1:

Thanks Jessica, I copied the image location and used the mountain thingy but it didn't work when I did it.:confused3

I would love to come but I have to be here on Tues & Thurs to take DGD4 to school and homeschool DGD6 while DD works. The way I'm looking at everyones dates I would only have 1 day with you guys and I'm just not sure that is worth spending the money. I have an annual pass but would have airfare and lodging to pay for and I would most likely be coming by myself. Just don't know that I can swing it.:sad1:

Don't forget abour Ellarie's gymnastic meets during that month! One of these days I will get to tag along too.

YES, we were HOT!!! My shoe stuck to tar that was melting it was so hot. Still had fun though!

Hi Everyone -

If you are making an out fit for Kira[s Big Give and have the Audrey Skirt pattern, Lisa will have the pattern pieces ready for you - just let her know you need them okay???
If you would like to make a Simply Sweet, please send me an email - Carla C made a special bodice to fit Kira's measurements! wendya2J@comcast.net and I'll send them to you!!

YAY!!!

Thanks so much Carla and Lisa and everyone who is participating!!:banana::banana::banana:

PS - we could really use some things for her twin brother ( :

WOW!! That is so nice of Lisa and Carla!!! My heart breaks for this sweet girl. She deserves some beautiful custom girlie dresses!!

Don't forget abour Ellarie's gymnastic meets during that month! One of these days I will get to tag along too.

YES, we were HOT!!! My shoe stuck to tar that was melting it was so hot. Still had fun though!

Sounds like a reason for the WHOLE family to come!

It took me several tries to figure out how to do it from facebook. I think I kept clicking something other then copy link location. I also sometimes forget to insert it using the mountain.

Sounds like a reason for the WHOLE family to come!

It took me several tries to figure out how to do it from facebook. I think I kept clicking something other then copy link location. I also sometimes forget to insert it using the mountain.

We just took a family trip the last week of July. It was HOT HOT HOT!!! Unfortunately competitive gymnastics, school, and teaching preschool make it much more difficult.

Yes DD one of these days your kiddos will be big enough to leave behind and you can tag along for a dismeet.

I have been a lurker for the past two boards, but now I'm ready to join in. You guys are simply inspiring, not only your designs but your friendships as well.
Ok now to my question I have sewn a few things but I am curious to know if the feliz is very difficult. I have the pattern, I have a tutorial for the butt ruffles, but I mst admit I'M SCARED:eek:

Thank you so much for posting!!! Would you mind to post it without Alice in it? I would be ever grateful!!!

Here you go

Front
ry%3D400

Back
ry%3D400

And my 1st outfit for our trip - mostly finished. This will most likely be for the Enchanted Garden Restarant on the Dream. I still need to do buttons and I promised my Megan I'd add pockets to the front. I also have to either hem or add binding to it.
ry%3D400

[

That is an awesome dress! How did Alice react to the dress?

Hey mom of 2 princesses: how did alice react? it was hilarious. it was bfast at 1900 PF. The hatter and alice were working the room and were an entire romm away from us. i was holding my dd up when we walked in so she could see the hatter and alice. just AS SOON as we stepped foot in the room the hatter yells out from across the enite room at the top of his lungs " Alice! It's the Queen of hearts!!!" Alice, droped the autograph she was signing, excused herself from that table, hurried over to my dd and bowed, did a deep curtsey and said " YEESSSS your majesty" !!! My dd and all the family with me were blown away. it was hilarious and had i known it was going to happen i wouldve had the video camera ready. priceless disney magic

I'm thinking of doing a Simply Sweet with ties for the AK dress. Do the knots bother any of the children when it's made like that?

Does anyone have a photo of one like that?

[

Hey mom of 2 princesses: how did alice react? it was hilarious. it was bfast at 1900 PF. The hatter and alice were working the room and were an entire romm away from us. i was holding my dd up when we walked in so she could see the hatter and alice. just AS SOON as we stepped foot in the room the hatter yells out from across the enite room at the top of his lungs " Alice! It's the Queen of hearts!!!" Alice, droped the autograph she was signing, excused herself from that table, hurried over to my dd and bowed, did a deep curtsey and said " YEESSSS your majesty" !!! My dd and all the family with me were blown away. it was hilarious and had i known it was going to happen i wouldve had the video camera ready. priceless disney magic

That is just awesome. The characters there are usually really interactive with the kids!

I'm thinking of doing a Simply Sweet with ties for the AK dress. Do the knots bother any of the children when it's made like that?

Does anyone have a photo of one like that?

I've made it that way and it didn't bother either of my girls.

Here is one of Claire with ties. I wish I had made them a little shorter though.

DSC_4574.jpg

[

That is an awesome dress! How did Alice react to the dress?

This is what my DGD6 wants to be for Halloween. Did you make the dress or buy it? If you made it would you share what pattern you used? TIA

I posted earlier wanting to know how hard the Feliz dress is, but I also wanted to ask about how long it takes (I know that I'll have to add like 3 days but just trying to get some idea)

I posted earlier wanting to know how hard the Feliz dress is, but I also wanted to ask about how long it takes (I know that I'll have to add like 3 days but just trying to get some idea)

I don't think it is that hard. I haven't completed one yet, but I am halfway there. had to stop finish other projects. If you follow the sew along that has been posted, you will get through it pretty quick.

I don't think it is that hard. I haven't completed one yet, but I am halfway there. had to stop finish other projects. If you follow the sew along that has been posted, you will get through it pretty quick.

Do you mind telling me what sew along you are following? Thank you so much.:worship:

Just had the call I have been dreading. I have to have surgery on my neck. The doctor said I would only be out of commission for a few weeks, (and then be pain free) but it is looking doubtful that all the Disney clothes will get finished within the next 89 days!

Now, I get to prioritize everything that is undone!

I have to keep reminding myself that at least I know the outcome will be positive. Still praying for Barbara!

Nini

This is what my DGD6 wants to be for Halloween. Did you make the dress or buy it? If you made it would you share what pattern you used? TIA

made it. mccalls pattern 5954, modified a bit. took out an entire panel of the skirt and embellished how I wanted. still a huge amount of a blind hem ( hand work)
i bought super light weight fabric. bridal satin and velvet wouldve looked better, but Im from florida and know how hot costumes get. the b/w check is cottom blend, the red has a tiny bit of sparkle, the black is simple lightweight lining. harlequin and gold trim ribbon. all fabric was from joanns.
could not find a crown, with heart jewels that were red. so i got a dollar store crown that had hearts in the crown that were pink. i simply covered the plastic pink heart jewels in elmers glue and sprinkled with red glitter. the hair you see up on top is a clip from sallies. my childs hairs was in a pony tail and i put the clip on it. once again, being used to florida heat, i didnt want to "do " her hair and have the humidity ruin it. so fake hair it was. ( i guess you learn a lot from watching toddlers and tiaras ! LOL!) good luck, post pics. BTW- CM"s LOVED that dress and kept asking where we got it!!

Just had the call I have been dreading. I have to have surgery on my neck. The doctor said I would only be out of commission for a few weeks, (and then be pain free) but it is looking doubtful that all the Disney clothes will get finished within the next 89 days!

Now, I get to prioritize everything that is undone!

I have to keep reminding myself that at least I know the outcome will be positive. Still praying for Barbara!

Nini

Oh, too bad it has to be surgery. Good to know that the outcome would be positive though. I was just thinking about Barbara too. Hope everything is going well with her.

Do you mind telling me what sew along you are following? Thank you so much.:worship:

She is probably talking about the Trillium sew along. http://trilliumdesign.blogspot.com/2008/11/feliz-sew-along.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter