Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't go back until 9/8 but I will be shopping in the next few weeks since I have a coupon at staples and will take their deals.

I am having a stressful day at work but DD is ironing all my fabric here and we are cutting out easy fits for her brother. and a pair for her.

I have 43 days to go and am trying to get done by the end of July

If anyone can get it all done, you can!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Something is happening in my Walmart's fabric department. Fabric I haven't seen out in a year or more has made a reappearance, some of it is clearenced, some isn't. Old sewing machines are out and on clearance. Maybe they are just trying to clear out their backroom, but why would they have all this wonderful fabric hiding in the back? And, I can never find anyone in the department to ask what's going on!

I got a nice surprise at my Walmart yesterday. They had racks and racks of $1 items!!!! Mostly women's t-shirts, sweaters and plus sized leggins, but I picked up two pairs of jeans for the girls too! :cool1:

I'm thinking of going back and looking through some of the t-shirts. I noticed that some I got were a lycra blend, and I've been looking for cotton/lycra fabric to make leggins and underwear with for Lyddie! They had a lot of plus sizes, so I figured that might work out nicely.
Cool that Walmart had some old fabric hidden. If mine would let me in their warehouse I bet I could find some hidden fabric too! I want a few things they once had but no longer have.

Check Target for leggings. I got my dd a pair for $2 something -- cheaper than making them. All they had in her size was Navy, but at least it's an inexpensive pair.

The train pulled out of the Albany station right on time -- 8:05 AM. It's a beautiful 2.5 hour ride as the tracks follow the Hudson River, sometimes pretty wide, sometimes relatively narrow, most of the way. It goes past marinas, parks, little villages, and is really so beautiful I hate to read. There is also quite of variety of old lighthouses -- most of them abandoned, a number of bridges, and assorted traffic on the river. I especially like to see the tugboats pushing barges upstream.

For history or Americana buffs, the train also goes right through Sing Sing prison and you get a good view of West Point (opposite side of the river) from the comfort of the rails. Although my son's in the Navy, my husband was an officer in Viet Nam, so seeing West Point is always dramatic.

We pulled into Penn Station a couple minutes early (about 10:30) and I marched right up Seventh Ave. Someday I'll get better about finding subway stations, but I find it easier to navigate on foot. I cut across to Fifth Ave, and made a note to myself that I have to plan some down time sometime to sit a few minutes in Bryant Park.

March, march, march, there I went until I finally saw the AG store. So I went in and found the restroom. To be continued . . . .
Hmmm, first you need a rest from walking and then you need a break from typing? Just how old are you :rotfl:? And I was done mowing three hours ago! You just want me to go vacuum.

The train pulled out of the Albany station right on time -- 8:05 AM. It's a beautiful 2.5 hour ride as the tracks follow the Hudson River, sometimes pretty wide, sometimes relatively narrow, most of the way. It goes past marinas, parks, little villages, and is really so beautiful I hate to read. There is also quite of variety of old lighthouses -- most of them abandoned, a number of bridges, and assorted traffic on the river. I especially like to see the tugboats pushing barges upstream.

For history or Americana buffs, the train also goes right through Sing Sing prison and you get a good view of West Point (opposite side of the river) from the comfort of the rails. Although my son's in the Navy, my husband was an officer in Viet Nam, so seeing West Point is always dramatic.

We pulled into Penn Station a couple minutes early (about 10:30) and I marched right up Seventh Ave. Someday I'll get better about finding subway stations, but I find it easier to navigate on foot. I cut across to Fifth Ave, and made a note to myself that I have to plan some down time sometime to sit a few minutes in Bryant Park.

March, march, march, there I went until I finally saw the AG store. So I went in and found the restroom. To be continued . . . .
Ok, seriously Cheryl... I am at work, on my lunch, expecting a full ag update when i log in... Then you go rest? REST TIME IS OVER!!! We want our update... ;)
D~

NOOOOOO! Don't stop--Pleeease don't stop!

Okay - had to quote you again because I got a picture in my head of an outfit with that pick mickey fabric - skirt like THIS or similar with black layers with the pink Mickey . . . and then a black top with a mickey silouhette in silver . . . Sorry, just had to share :)

Ah! Back to school shopping! It's this time of year that makes me sigh a big contented sigh of relief that we're homeschooling Phalen and I don't have to race around buying all the specific supplies my friends have to buy for their kids . . . I can wait 'til the clearance and pick up things then and buy whatever I want . . . or I can wait until we run out of something and get it later . . . I do pick up things when I see a great sale or deal though:thumbsup2

Your skirt idea sounds so cute!

And, I was thinking the same thing about school supplies. We're homeschoolers, too. :)

I got the verdict on my sewing machine and rufflers. The machine is in good shape, so they're just going to clean and tune it. I had been having buttonhole issues, but they are telling me it must be operator error since it's working great for them. One of the rufflers is broken, the other is bent, so that explains why I couldn't get it to work as CarlaC describes. I think a new ruffler is in my future. :) Now I just have to find stuff to keep me busy until next Thursday when my machine will be ready. :sad2:

Regards,
C.

You can't do this to us.......
We need more.

OMG:scared1: I only have about 2 months left. We go to the beach at the end of July. My parents are going with us. I am hoping they will take my kids home with them for the next week. I could get so much done. Plus a whole week of no kids. :woohoo: I don't know if it will happen, but I am hoping.

It looks like we're going to WDW around the same time. We'll be there Sep. 27-Oct. 5. :) I think Nini's dates are around then, too, from her ticker. Anyone else have a late Sep./early Oct. trip planned?

I can't believe how fast this summer is flying!

:surfweb: popcorn:: I'm on doll-watch with the rest of you!

Regards,
C.

Cheryl if you had headed to the E-train from Amtrack I think it is 2 stops to AG from there and you wouldn't be so tired from walking LOL

Or maybe Cheryl is saying she is resting while she is playing with her new doll

I have a feeling the GA "doll" saw the AG doll and there was a huge fight resulting in injuries. I bet Cheryl had to take the AG doll to the ER and I have have a feeling Ginger is in custody right now. If Cheryl has to bail Ginger out of jail she will never be able to afford to buy D's address from me.

Question:

Has anyone on here made Ariels green grotto dress? If so, got any pics or hints as to how to make it/what pattern to use? Thanks!!

Jessica

I have a feeling the GA "doll" saw the AG doll and there was a huge fight resulting in injuries. I bet Cheryl had to take the AG doll to the ER and I have have a feeling Ginger is in custody right now. If Cheryl has to bail Ginger out of jail she will never be able to afford to buy D's address from me.

You're right, there has to be a little bit of sibling rivalry going on. Please reassure Ginger that she will always be loved just as much as her sister.

It looks like we're going to WDW around the same time. We'll be there Sep. 27-Oct. 5. :) I think Nini's dates are around then, too, from her ticker. Anyone else have a late Sep./early Oct. trip planned?

I can't believe how fast this summer is flying!

:surfweb: popcorn:: I'm on doll-watch with the rest of you!

Regards,
C.

I'm there from Sept.28- Oct.13 My ticker doesn't include the extra night that I added on to the Free Dining trip. Cost was about the same to stay an extra night or arrive a day later.

We should try to do a DisBoutique meet.

I think I'm supposed to be posting about something else, but I just got back from gas, PO, Joann's, and grocery store. Time for another nap, I'm 86 after all, but before I do, had to give a quick update.

Don't think I've ever seen this fabric at Joann's before . . . how perfect for a kid named Mark, Michael, Milton, Mohammed, even Michelle, Melanie, or Mitsy.

IMG_2168.jpg

Let me go check my 'to do' list to see if I made any notes about what I had planned to post about today.

I think I'm supposed to be posting about something else, but I just got back from gas, PO, Joann's, and grocery store. Time for another nap, I'm 86 after all, but before I do, had to give a quick update.

Don't think I've ever seen this fabric at Joann's before . . . how perfect for a kid named Mark, Michael, Milton, Mohammed, even Michelle, Melanie, or Mitsy.

IMG_2168.jpg

Let me go check my 'to do' list to see if I made any notes about what I had planned to post about today.

Eighty Six!!!
Are you sure about that? If your hubby is the same age...and was in the Viet Nam war...he was old! My hubby is only in his mid 50's! Wow! (Of course I am only 18...and are about to celebrate my 34th anniversary!)

Nini

I'm there from Sept.28- Oct.13 My ticker doesn't include the extra night that I added on to the Free Dining trip. Cost was about the same to stay an extra night or arrive a day later.

We should try to do a DisBoutique meet.

I know, I know...I only grabbed one quote...but we really need to set up a mini meet sometime while are all there...who wants to set it up?

Nini

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter